collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carew Now Injured  (Read 26053 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Carew Now Injured
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2010, 06:40:45 PM »
I wonder if Carew is really injured.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »

It crossed my mind too. Who knows. Either way, the fact is Carew has too many off days and not enough on now. He's been a really decent player for us and been pivotal in some great moments - I'd rather he leave with those memories clear rather than go out with a whimper. Time to sell in Jan.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
Yes there are some prolific strikers in France

Anelka ? lol

I take it that was a sarky comment !

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »

From the BBC:

"He picked up an injury in training on Thursday. He had a scan and there is a slight tear of his calf."

...so unless he's learnt to trick the scanning equipment, yes he's really injured.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »

From the BBC:

"He picked up an injury in training on Thursday. He had a scan and there is a slight tear of his calf."

...so unless he's learnt to trick the scanning equipment, yes he's really injured.

Unless the club are engaging in some "withdrawn due to sickness" covering up.

Incidentally, I am not suggesting I choose to believe that, it is the fact that it crossed my mind which concerns me.

From Neil Moxley's Twitter"

Gold kicks off row with Pannu, no-show from Carew (again) and RDM says Mancini 'must win' on Sunday. Big Mick gives 'Jarvo' thumbs up.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »
its that bloody training routine houllier has brought in,  the players are not used to it and as carew does fuck all anyway no wonder he is injured after doing a bit of hard work

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
[edit] forgot to quote Paulie above [/edit]

Fair enough, having read some of the stories in McGrath's autobiography I won't deny that we don't always get the truth.

Anyway, hopefully the Fonz will make this thread seem irrelevant by 5pm tomorrow!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
Yes there are some prolific strikers in France

Anelka ? lol

I take it that was a sarky comment !

Yes sarcasm may be  ...as in school kids, Dockers, Farmers ...any worker really!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »
Does the 'emergency loan' rule only cover goalkeepers? If not, a bid for Santa Cruz might be ok. Get him on loan with a view to signing him in January. They have already said they will sell him in the New Year, why not loan him to us now we are no longer their competitors? We have got Man U next week too... they would want us as strong as possible for that game.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
Goalkeepers only.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2010, 07:39:35 PM »
I think this is a great chance for the Fonz. He is the best young English striker in the country. I wonder why the Rodwells' and Wilshires get their chance and come good but we have been  reluctant to use our kids (well up to this season). I think now he should get consecutive games, the pressure will be off a little

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »
Bloody hell this has got to be a first.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:59 PM »

From the BBC:

Unless the club are engaging in some "withdrawn due to sickness" covering up.

Incidentally, I am not suggesting I choose to believe that, it is the fact that it crossed my mind which concerns me.

From Neil Moxley's Twitter"

Gold kicks off row with Pannu, no-show from Carew (again) and RDM says Mancini 'must win' on Sunday. Big Mick gives 'Jarvo' thumbs up.

Sadly, that was my first thought.  Football eh?  Pah.

Offline myf

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »
The back of the Mail has a piece about Carew's big chance to shine.  Seem they didn't pick up in the news if he was injured yesterday.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2010, 08:41:35 PM »
I am actually quite excited about Nathan’s sink or swim chance.

Agreed Ads.

It's in less that ideal circumstances, but it could be a blessing in disguise.

There are various reports that Fonz has been 'difficult' in training. Based largely on the NRC/ MON skirmish last year, Kevin Mac's reluctance to use him earlier in the season and GH seemingly also reticent.

Could be a lot of second guessing going on with very little substance to back it up. But even if he is a shit trainer, he wouldn't be the first. Some players only come alive when the stakes are high and there is something riding on their contribution.

He could have at least a month now to either make the position his own, or at least convince GH that he could be a useful option. Chances are GH will be bringing in his own players this Jan regardless (if he felt that he could get away without signing a forward or two I think that idea has been well and truly scotched - another plus).

It sounds reasonable and balanced to say the Fonz could still feature even if he doesn't make an impression over the next four weeks - he is young enough after all. But I really wouldn't fancy his chances if he doesn't seize this opportunity. I'd wager that our frontline options could look quite different by Feb 1st and managers tend to give their own signings first priority.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal