collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:59:24 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Rory
[Today at 02:57:31 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:36:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottler to manage grief merchants?  (Read 54121 times)

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: Bottler to manage grief merchants?
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 05:57:52 PM »

Yes, on the surface he's dropped us in it but to pretend that we hadn't made real progress and that last season wasn't our best in years is just fucking bollocks.

Sorry to intrude on your special dream again, and not wishing to rewrite history, could you please justify the "on the surface " comment please.
Feel free to call me silly names if you must.

It's quite simple. We do not know the exact circumstances of his departure. So, on the surface he's dropped us in it but we cannot know for certain until we are given the full story.

He dropped us in it. We know that for a fact - the timing alone is proof.

Precisely.

No "on the surface of it", there surely can not be doubt in anyone's mind that MON dropped us in it going when he did, regardless of whether they support his reasoning.

Can there?

If you found out his reasoning and supported it, you'd probably hold someone else responsible for dropping us in it.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

Yes, on the surface he's dropped us in it but to pretend that we hadn't made real progress and that last season wasn't our best in years is just fucking bollocks.

Sorry to intrude on your special dream again, and not wishing to rewrite history, could you please justify the "on the surface " comment please.

It's quite simple. We do not know the exact circumstances of his departure. So, on the surface he's dropped us in it but we cannot know for certain until we are given the full story.

As as I said 'on the surface'.

Precisely.

No "on the surface of it", there surely can not be doubt in anyone's mind that MON dropped us in it going when he did, regardless of whether they support his reasoning.

Can there?

So if he had been sacked on that date would you be accusing Randy of dropping us in it or would you be looking for reasons?

I added the caveat as I don't know what happened on the day. I haven't tried to claim that he didn't drop us in it just that I'm not going to pretend that I know what went on. Like most I have my theories but as both sides have remained tight-lipped about it that's all they are, theories. So I guess at a falling out over O'Neill wanting to spend and when he walked the club not being that fussed so they did nothing to try to make him change his mind.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »

Problem I have with that is he left Villa of his own accord and at a very late stage of the preseason.
He was not sacked, he has past form of doing similar as I previously pointed out, so I ask again what do you mean by the "on the surface" comment. What are you implying, speculating or wishing for.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 06:10:09 PM »
I wonder how many of you would make these posts, call him name, libel him if you had to leave your real names,contact details. If you feel so mad about him drop him a line care of Villa Park im sure they have a forwarding address for him   

Already have, and yet to receive a reply.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 06:11:16 PM »

Precisely.

Can there?

If you found out his reasoning and supported it, you'd probably hold someone else responsible for dropping us in it.

Nobody else did drop us in it.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
I wonder how many of you would make these posts, call him name, libel him if you had to leave your real names,contact details. If you feel so mad about him drop him a line care of Villa Park im sure they have a forwarding address for him   

Already have, and yet to receive a reply.

Well done

The "on the surface" comment means that given the information we know/have been given i.e MON left the club 5 days before the West Ham game because of a disagreement over "unknown" things

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »

What's that got to do with anything?

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »
Would love him to get the Redscouse job, but would much prefer it if he got the England one.
Such would be his success, for the rest of his life he'd never have to buy himself another pint.. in Ireland. You've bloody evil, KG.

There is that, of course.

Primarily though, it would help to debunk a few myths.

I genuinely get the impression that Barclay, Lawrenson, Holt and all that lot didn't watch us all too often, maybe caught the edited highlights here and there and made a note of our results.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who watched us more than twice in a row could be impressed with that standard of football. But as they didn't watch, and were only too keen to piss in MON's pocket there was a level of praise bordering on awe at times, completely out of kilter with the reality.

Similar (but not the same) to DOL's insistence that his sides played 'high tempo attacking football.'  This became accepted fact. "Villa? Oh they play high tempo attacking football."
Have you actually watched us play? "Not really, but O'Leary keeps saying it, so it must be true."

If O'Neill got the national job there would be no place to hide. All the pundits have to sit and watch In Ger Lund, whether they like it or not. I'd wager there would be quite a few modifying their opinions on the bloke.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »

Do you not think some of the things that he is being called/accused of may be a touch ureasonable considering everyone is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 56 and that if these defamatory posts had people's real names on then MON's lawyers may be interested

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
Would love him to get the Redscouse job, but would much prefer it if he got the England one.
Such would be his success, for the rest of his life he'd never have to buy himself another pint.. in Ireland. You've bloody evil, KG.

There is that, of course.

Primarily though, it would help to debunk a few myths.

I genuinely get the impression that Barclay, Lawrenson, Holt and all that lot didn't watch us all too often, maybe caught the edited highlights here and there and made a note of our results.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who watched us more than twice in a row could be impressed with that standard of football. But as they didn't watch, and were only too keen to piss in MON's pocket there was a level of praise bordering on awe at times, completely out of kilter with the reality.

Similar (but not the same) to DOL's insistence that his sides played 'high tempo attacking football.'  This became accepted fact. "Villa? Oh they play high tempo attacking football."
Have you actually watched us play? "Not really, but O'Leary keeps saying it, so it must be true."
If there was one thing that really pissed me of about MON was his post match comments of how we played some "terrific, scintillating football", when in truth it was generally utter gash. Maybe he believed it or maybe he knew that for the vast majority of people, they'd only get to see 5 minutes on MOTD, so it was a no risk comment or maybe he knew no better.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »

Do you not think some of the things that he is being called/accused of may be a touch ureasonable considering everyone is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 56 and that if these defamatory posts had people's real names on then MON's lawyers may be interested

Ohh scary.
I use my real name on here (I assume Spangley is your real name too) If he's such a tender soul, he'd have no trouble getting my infomation to sue me for libel.

I bet he pays over the odds for his lawyer too.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 06:43:10 PM »
Well he uses him often enough, the over sensitive shite.

And this is my real name 'n all

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »

Ohh scary.
I use my real name on here (I assume Spangley is your real name too) If he's such a tender soul, he'd have no trouble getting my infomation to sue me for libel.

Well done Mark

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »
They are going backwards now. They will even go more backwards with him..

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »
Thank you, I'm here all week AND FOREVER MORE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal