collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by rougegorge
[Today at 11:13:12 PM]

Diego Carlos by OzVilla
[Today at 11:12:58 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:43 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:10:50 PM]

Ollie Watkins by VillaTim
[Today at 11:09:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 11:03:32 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:03:15 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:00:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Did you turn on Randy like a den of vipers?  (Read 28829 times)

Offline sfx412

Did you turn on Randy like a den of vipers?
« on: September 03, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »
Nice to see General K back in full firing glory, although compared to other web sites he let this one off lightly, I thought.

Quote from: ckrulak from another site

Simply put, there are some Fans who have just turned on Randy like pit vipers...turned on the man who has done more for your Club in 4 years than most have done in 40. This summer will pass...it will be a footnote in history before we are all done. I have done all in my power to keep you all informed as to where we are...and there are some that just discount everything I say. I am at a loss as to where to go from here other than to say that we are continuing to work towards a resolution of this issue. WE didn't quit the team 5 days before the start of the season...WE didn't leave the Club high and dry.

and so on

He's right of course and he's putting him and Randy well up there to be shot down should the end result be someone as pleasing and dynamic as Curbishley or Houllier.

So do those who suggested that Randy and the Board were not doing the job well enough convinced by the General's latest of many similar comments or still feel that come decision day they will be proved correct.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Did you turn on Randy like a den of vipers?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
It's fair enough from the General, I still have faith in Randy he has a lot of credit in the bank and I think Houllier would be good.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
On one hand, you can't just keep spending money if you haven't got it - surely everyone agrees on that. They have done more for the club than I've ever known it do since my time following the Villa in the early/mid 90's. We couldn't ask for more if we don't want the club to go broke and be in massive debt.

However, on the other hand, it's looking likely, and I'm hoping to be proved wrong, that we're going to get a right fucking donkey as our new manager (Curbishley/Houiller/pretty much anyone on that list bar Moyes and maybe Jol). This, in my opinion, would tarnish the good reputation they have.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
I wouldn't say Houllier is a donkey, he's won plenty of trophies.

Offline freakypete

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »
Houllier would be the best appointment from the available list.give him a hance prefer him to circus sven,or curbs who said leaving the blues to join us was the biggest mistake of his life.Houllier as manager kevin mc as coach??He did a good job at liverpool so hes no fool

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:49:40 PM »
We have to wait until the manager is appointed. The ambition of this football club will be shown in the next manager that comes here. If it is someone like Curbs, or Houllier, then I think a lot of fans will turn against.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
I personally think after over 3 weeks of deliberating deciding who should be our next manager there should of been a bit more ambition to try and get the best and who the fans would like as manager... a shortlist of Houllier, Sven, Curbishley and Macdonald isn't all that great really but I suppose it could of been a lot worse with someone like Bob Bradley managing us.

It looks a dead cert to me now that our new manager is going to be Houllier which will be a pretty decent appointment, but lots of Villa fans will think the board could have been more ambitious and that's understandable but I don't think anyone can really say the board have made a 'bad' decision in picking Houllier... if he was our best option than so be it, not much point of complaining.

Offline freakypete

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »
lets get real,who else is available whoos anygood? would love moyes or jol but neither are the kind of men who would walk out of there jobs during the season there good men, men of principle not like the last messiah,so houllier is the best candidate and it doesnt mean the club lack ambition.and lets remember he has a proven record in this country.wish we could do a treble

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
I really don't understand people who are putting Houllier in the same bracket as Curbs. One is renowned as one of the finest nutures of young talent in europe and the other is Alan Curbishley.

Houllier wasn't the first name that sprang to mind when MON walked out on us, but the more i think about it, the more it makes sense.

Offline eastie

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »
It it's houllier then that's ok, but if it is kmac I will not be impressed by a lack of ambition. No point people slaughtering randy until we know who it us - but I feel kmac would not go down well with a lot of people
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:12:27 PM by east19 »

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »
We have to wait until the manager is appointed. The ambition of this football club will be shown in the next manager that comes here. If it is someone like Curbs, or Houllier, then I think a lot of fans will turn against.
that is exactly my feeling, selling Milner and not giving the manager the £18M to spend set alarm bells ringing for me, and this appointment is going to be water shed for Randy's tenure.

Everything he has done to this point has been pretty much faultless but no one is going to tell me Houllier as manager is anything but a cost saving exercise.

What the General needs to remember is that the majority of us know a lot more about Villa and football than he ever will, so while he deserves our respect I am not going to be taken for a mug.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
that is exactly my feeling, selling Milner and not giving the manager the £18M to spend set alarm bells ringing for me, and this appointment is going to be water shed for Randy's tenure.

Everything he has done to this point has been pretty much faultless but no one is going to tell me Houllier as manager is anything but a cost saving exercise.

What the General needs to remember is that the majority of us know a lot more about Villa and football than he ever will, so while he deserves our respect I am not going to be taken for a mug.

I just don't understand how Houllier is the cheap option. He's won trophies in two separate European countries, is well respected in Europe. He'd be a good appointment. I don't think the General is trying to take us for a mug either.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
but no one is going to tell me Houllier as manager is anything but a cost saving exercise.

Houllier isnt a cost saving exercise.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

I really hate when I see people write things like this, it's so arrogant and narrow-minded it's scary.

I'd bet good money on the general and randy knowing more about RUNNING a football club than anyone on this, or any other villa forum, just because we've been watching it doesn't make us right about everything.  The reality is football, like any other sport, is a game of opinions and people who are experts (or believe they are) still can't agree on most things, so just because someone on here doesn't agree with Randy doesn't make either of them wrong.

That said what worries me most is that they only get this because they're american and everyone in the UK knows americans haven't got a clue about football.

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 06:44:54 PM »
randy is the best,  he has turned us from a falling club under ellis and o'dreary to a fighting for champions league 3 years on the trot.  he has backed the manager,  built a superb training ground and brought stability to us.   granted we have a few "odd" names been bandered about for manager but its only paper talk.  it has taken a long time because randy has put thought and spent money on getting advisers in to make sure he makes the best decision.  i would of rather he takes his time than rush into something.  YES i am worried that we might be getting houllier but he must show something to randy and his advisors and if he can recreate what he did for liverpool we are laughing. 

i say give him the benefit of the doubt and we MAY be in for a nice surprise.  REMEMBER ALL THIS CURBISHLY BOLLOX IS PAPER TALK !!

i dont think randy is that stupid to give curbishly the job.  he needs to go one better than oniell

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal