collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I know none of you care but ........ (the Baseball thread)  (Read 482108 times)

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Re: I know none of you care but ........ (the Baseball thread)
« Reply #990 on: October 19, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »
50 Cent 0-8 George W Bush

Fantastic win for the Rangers last night... Cliff Lee is an awesome pitcher. Lots of pressure on the Yankees going into game 4 in da Bronx.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #991 on: October 20, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
Come on the Rangers!

Offline The Situation

« Reply #992 on: October 20, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
Bronx Bombers? More like Bronx Babies... the only bombers in da Bronx are the Rangers. What is it, 18 runs in Yankee Stadium in the last 2 games... that has to be a record and I can't see it being beaten anytime soon.

Would be awesome if the Rangers wrapped it up tonight, winning all three games in Yankee Stadium winning the series 4-1, that'll leave all the Yankee fans into suicide mode. Draw ya curtains, put your cars in da garage, the guidos of NJ and NY could get a bit rowdy tonight...

My Giants vs Rangers dream WS looks like it might still happen hopefully.

P.S. Got to lol @ Giradi and A.J. Twat. Letting the Rangers have a free base run, then after disrespecting Molina, he goes and hits a home run. That was pretty funny to watch.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:17:23 PM by The Situation »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #993 on: October 21, 2010, 08:11:57 AM »
After the comeback by my Red Sox from 3 games down against the Highlanders in 2004, I'm not ruling them out yet against the Ex-Senators.

The Evil Empire won last night to force a game 6 back in Arlington. However, if the Highlanders do win that game, Texas still has Cliff in reserve for the finale.

Giants look to be in a very strong position now against the Phils. It's "Doc" v "Freak" again tonight in the possible clincher

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #994 on: October 22, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
Bronx Bombers? More like Bronx Babies... the only bombers in da Bronx are the Rangers.

2 things

Joke number wasn't funny, unless it ws trying to be funny by being not funny, in that case it would be brilliant.

I am a Rangers fan myself (Cris Drury's dad was actually my hockey coach as a kid), but they stink.  The yankees are in the ALCS, so that doesn't make sense.

I fully expect the yankees to lose tonight by the way.
I really want SF to win the WS (I'm assuming NYY don't make it).  I also want Lincecum to come out to the mound with his hair in corn rows with the song "I Feel Like Making Love" blaring from the sound system.  that would be amazing.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #995 on: October 23, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »

I fully expect the yankees to lose tonight by the way.
I really want SF to win the WS (I'm assuming NYY don't make it).  I also want Lincecum to come out to the mound with his hair in corn rows with the song "I Feel Like Making Love" blaring from the sound system.  that would be amazing.

You were right Paul !!

Congrats to the Washington Senators Texas Rangers. Not only is it great that they beat the Highlanders, they also made their first World Series just a few months after the despicable Tom Hicks was ousted as owner.

I also hope that the Giants make it thro' as well.

Offline The Situation

« Reply #996 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
Awesome. Yankees eliminated, Rangers through to the WS after beating the best two teams in the MLB - they fully deserve it and I'm happy for them. Now, all we need is the Giants to finish off the phillies tonight.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #997 on: October 23, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »
A Giants supporting mate of mine lives just 20 mins or so from Arlington and I know I can get tickets for the games thro's other sources.

The question is, do I blow next year's baseball budget on the flights and tickets ?

Offline The Situation

« Reply #998 on: October 23, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »
lol, don't blow all your money on the Rangers home games in the World Series. Save your money for next season. How many times do you go and watch baseball games in America each year?

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #999 on: October 23, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
lol, don't blow all your money on the Rangers home games in the World Series. Save your money for next season. How many times do you go and watch baseball games in America each year?

I'm normally Stateside twice a season. Once for a few games in Boston and then later on I meet up with some mates for a couple of weeks travelling round to various ballparks.

I also used to do an NFL/MLB/NCAA combo trip in September (one of which was 15 games in 11 days. 4x NFL, 2x NCAA Football and 9x MLB)

Offline The Situation

« Reply #1000 on: October 23, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »

I'm normally Stateside twice a season. Once for a few games in Boston and then later on I meet up with some mates for a couple of weeks travelling round to various ballparks.

I also used to do an NFL/MLB/NCAA combo trip in September (one of which was 15 games in 11 days. 4x NFL, 2x NCAA Football and 9x MLB)
Ah, sounds good. Travelling through different states is one of my favourite things to do... I did a roadtrip with a mate in the summer starting out from NC all the way down to Miami stopping in some great cites and towns along the way, went to Braves game too which was cool.

Will be near the Tampa area in Spring... might go to a Rays game but I feel the stiupid dome would ruin the experience ha. Might just go to a Miami Heat or Orlando Magic game instead...

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1001 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
I don't mind the Trop. Its nowhere near as bad a people make out.

I'll concede that the roof'd too low for baseball and the location's not great. However, from a game watching point of view, it's fine.

I've been on the playing surface and even that's not as bad as the commentators make out

I have two mates who are season ticket holders for the Rays, so I've a standing invite to visit. However, the last time I checked, the cost of flights was ridiculous. Rather than fly to Tampa, it was actually cheaper to book an all-in trip to Disney (inc flights, hotel and theme park entry) and then ignore Mickey Mouse and head down to St Pete

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #1002 on: October 24, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
I don't know who I am rooting for in the WS...

I like both teams a lot.
I think I like the Rangers a little more though.

R-
Next time you come to The Almighty Yankee Stadium, You have to sit in the bleachers.  No more leaving me for the good seats!

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #1003 on: October 24, 2010, 02:13:55 PM »
"The Giants win the pennant.............. the Giants win the pennant"

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1004 on: October 24, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Of course Joe Buck would use that line.  What a tit.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:44:39 PM by usav »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal