collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)  (Read 800217 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #5550 on: September 30, 2022, 11:59:25 AM »
Last week Tua is allowed back on the field after sustaining a head injury. This week his head gets whacked onto the field and he ends up in hospital  ::)

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #5551 on: September 30, 2022, 12:01:26 PM »
Finally managed to get Ticketmaster/eTicketing to email Print @ Home tickets for the first game at Spuds on Sunday.

Bloody awkward having a mate attending all the games with me who doesn't have a smart phone to use for Digital Tickets.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5552 on: September 30, 2022, 12:54:51 PM »
If the Jets could win some games, Patriots might actually finish bottom of AFC East.

I see a flaw in your plan.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #5553 on: October 01, 2022, 02:11:01 AM »
Rihanna wiil play the Halftime Show at this season’s Super Bowl. Could be better, could be worse.
Stopped paying attention to that overhyped bollox years ago.

In more important news Dolphins are somehow 3-0 and the Pats lost again.

Added to which Villa didn't lose and a rather good sporting weekend.

Oh and congrats to CD and Axl for the Bears last kick of the game winner.

Cheers mate, but CD is right! My dad is a Bears fan, however.

Your Dolphins are flying. My Bills colleague is not too chatty this morning!

Well that's just poor parenting

It is :)

In 1989 my dad decided to wake me up to watch the Superbowl with him. I had no idea what was going on, but the 49ers won, then won it the year after. I kind of fell in love with Jerry Rice, did a bit of research, and found out they won it the year I was born, also (1982...a great year for sport!)

Around this time, my great Aunt moved out to near Candlestick, and I remember as a kid going on a stadium tour type thing. Funnily enough, it wasn't until 2002 that I actually went to an NFL game, and that was at Soldier Field against the Eagles. It was the last ever game at the old Soldier Field and it was cold. Damn cold. We were really lucky to go to that game as it was part of a welcome event for  us international students arriving at Michigan State for a student exchange program.

God knows how much those tickets cost, but I did think of my dad and him going on about Walter Payton all those years ago, while chasing me around the back garden!

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5554 on: October 01, 2022, 07:34:14 AM »
Finally managed to get Ticketmaster/eTicketing to email Print @ Home tickets for the first game at Spuds on Sunday.

Bloody awkward having a mate attending all the games with me who doesn't have a smart phone to use for Digital Tickets.

Glad you got it sorted. Tottingham Hotspurs is an excellent stadium in fairness to them. A lot better than Shite Hart Lane.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #5555 on: October 01, 2022, 07:37:16 AM »
Rihanna wiil play the Halftime Show at this season’s Super Bowl. Could be better, could be worse.

In 1989 my dad decided to wake me up to watch the Superbowl with him. I had no idea what was going on, but the 49ers won, then won it the year after. I kind of fell in love with Jerry Rice, did a bit of research, and found out they won it the year I was born, also (1982...a great year for sport!)

Around this time, my great Aunt moved out to near Candlestick, and I remember as a kid going on a stadium tour type thing. Funnily enough, it wasn't until 2002 that I actually went to an NFL game, and that was at Soldier Field against the Eagles. It was the last ever game at the old Soldier Field and it was cold. Damn cold. We were really lucky to go to that game as it was part of a welcome event for  us international students arriving at Michigan State for a student exchange program.

God knows how much those tickets cost, but I did think of my dad and him going on about Walter Payton all those years ago, while chasing me around the back garden!

That's a lovely story.

I was born in '83 and my Dad would watch Da Bears when up late with me as a kid. Which is nice, as I do the same with my daughter now, who strangely seems to find NFL funny..

I've never been to the US though, so all NFL games have been in London (Wembley, Twickenham, Tottenham).

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #5556 on: October 01, 2022, 10:41:36 AM »

That's a lovely story.

I was born in '83 and my Dad would watch Da Bears when up late with me as a kid. Which is nice, as I do the same with my daughter now, who strangely seems to find NFL funny..

I've never been to the US though, so all NFL games have been in London (Wembley, Twickenham, Tottenham).

That's lovely, too mate.

I hope to do the same with my daughter, though with the time difference, games here start at either 9:15, 5:05, 5:25 or 2 in the morning. She's either fast asleep or at playschool! I suppose to kids, NFL would be pretty funny....massive blokes smashing into each other with, trying to get a small strangely shaped ball!

Hope your Bears beat the Giants!

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #5557 on: October 02, 2022, 08:29:42 AM »
Last week Tua is allowed back on the field after sustaining a head injury. This week his head gets whacked onto the field and he ends up in hospital  ::)

Doctor fired for clearing  Tagovailoa to return to Bills game.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #5558 on: October 02, 2022, 09:47:40 AM »
Anyone going to the Saints Vikes game in London? Should be a reasonably close game, fancy the Vikes to win though

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #5559 on: October 02, 2022, 11:42:37 PM »
Had a lot more fun watching the Lions than bothering with Gerrard-ball, that's for sure.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #5560 on: October 03, 2022, 10:18:18 AM »
Anyone going to the Saints Vikes game in London? Should be a reasonably close game, fancy the Vikes to win though

I was there.

For a lot of the game it was all a bit 'Villa', but the final quarter and a bit were very entertaining.

A lick of paint away from overtime.

As ever, Spuds is a pain in the arse to get to

Is anyone going to the Packers game next week ?

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #5561 on: October 03, 2022, 07:54:04 PM »
I'm only going to the Broncos Jags game. Amazingly the first Jags game I've been to.

Watched Saints game until Villa started, thinking it was gonna be an easy Vikes win. Couldn't have been much closer in the end.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #5562 on: October 03, 2022, 07:54:58 PM »
Think I heard that the Lions have scored more points than anyone else this season. Unfortunately for them, they've also given up more points than anyone else.

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #5563 on: October 04, 2022, 04:37:10 AM »
Think I heard that the Lions have scored more points than anyone else this season. Unfortunately for them, they've also given up more points than anyone else.

It's mad isn't it. I've a big soft spot for the Lions, and I think in general, fans are enjoying this new Detroit team.

Defence needs working on, obviously!

I'm a bit more cheerful after today's result for the 49ers. Always nice to beat those Rams!

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #5564 on: October 04, 2022, 04:43:11 AM »
Oh, and I bloody love Deebo!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal