collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)  (Read 800208 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #5190 on: February 08, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »
Shite game

Yeah, I'm not that bothered that the Bucs won but would have liked a classic.

Though I will settle for a similarly boring, one-sided, NFC victory next year when the Bears are in the Super Bowl.

I'm not even convincing myself. ☹

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5191 on: February 08, 2021, 12:21:16 PM »
When was that pic taken? Because to display that cap proudly when the game was attended by the family of the policeman killed in the Capitol riots, as well as the injured officer, is the behaviour of a dickhead.

Old photo

2015?

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #5192 on: February 08, 2021, 12:27:52 PM »

The general concensus is Brady is genuinely a nice guy so I think that's just sour grapes.

The hat that Brady used to display in his locker suggests otherwise

not a lot of sports stars are the brightest and make ill choices doesn't make him him a prick. Besides I think hes addressed a few of those issues. The coverage on the BBC discussed whether or not he was  genuinely a nice guy or it was all show.

I'm not really that bothered to be honest we all know Grealish off the field does stupid things doesn't make him a prick either.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5193 on: February 08, 2021, 01:22:30 PM »
The general concensus is Brady is genuinely a nice guy so I think that's just sour grapes.

A mate of mine is very good friends with Tom and Giselle as Brady's eldest son is best friends in school with his kid, goes skiing with them to Aspen etc. By all accounts Brady is a very nice guy and I say that as someone who loathes the Patriots. It was certainly was easier watching him win it in a Bucs uniform.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #5194 on: February 08, 2021, 01:46:51 PM »

A mate of mine is very good friends with Tom and Giselle as Brady's eldest son is best friends in school with his kid, goes skiing with them to Aspen etc. By all accounts Brady is a very nice guy and I say that as someone who loathes the Patriots. It was certainly was easier watching him win it in a Bucs uniform.

Ha, ha, fair enough. As a Patriots fan since the mid-80's watching TB winning the Superbowl in a different uniform was a very strange thing.

Incidentally the massacre by the Bears in Superbowl 20 was one of the most painful experiences I've had as a fan. I assumed that the Bears would dominate the sport for the next 10 years....

They won their Divisional Championship and Conference Championship to nil and wanted to do the same to us. An early Walter Payton fumble ended that but hell were they good that year....

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5195 on: February 08, 2021, 02:32:42 PM »
If the Bears could ever have kept McMahon fit for at least a dozen games after that they could and should have won more Super Bowls. He wasn't the greatest quarterback of all time but he was more than good enough to help that Bears team beat just about anyone. He never played more than nine games in a season for the Bears after Super Bowl XX.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5196 on: February 08, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »
It's OK, next season the tide turns right?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5197 on: February 08, 2021, 03:06:08 PM »
Always, mate. Same as Villa winning the cup. 🙂

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #5198 on: February 08, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
I watched the 1st qtr and thought it was genuinely a full stadium.  Thinking that Florida doesn't give a shit about Covid.  It was pointed out to me by a mate that there were 25,000 there among the cardboard cut outs which was a bit of a relief.  Then another mate sent me a message from his cousin in Florida who said  the bar he was in there was rammed. They really do not give a shit.

Offline luke:lamf

« Reply #5199 on: February 08, 2021, 04:46:33 PM »
I watched the 1st qtr and thought it was genuinely a full stadium.  Thinking that Florida doesn't give a shit about Covid.  It was pointed out to me by a mate that there were 25,000 there among the cardboard cut outs which was a bit of a relief.  Then another mate sent me a message from his cousin in Florida who said  the bar he was in there was rammed. They really do not give a shit.
My understanding from Fark, and other sites in the early days of broadband is that "Florida" is explanation enough when it comes to egregiously stupid behaviour.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5200 on: February 08, 2021, 04:47:45 PM »
Two hundred and fifty years of brainwashing the general public into thinking that anything "government" is bad, so that the already wealthy can get away without paying their fair share of tax, will have that effect.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5201 on: February 08, 2021, 05:23:51 PM »

Reprehensible behaviour but maybe they felt they were celebrating a historic evening and that there are bigger issues to worry about at this moment in time. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-55761046

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #5202 on: February 08, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »
I thought the Bucs were excellent. They hassled Mahomes and gave him no time, stifled Tyreek and limited the Chiefs chances. Added to the silly 'aggressive' penalties and Foutrnette running hard, Bucs never game them a chance. I'm not a TB fan or Mahomes, so look forward to the Niners coming back to smash everyone next season.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5203 on: February 09, 2021, 05:47:52 PM »

Reprehensible behaviour but maybe they felt they were celebrating a historic evening and that there are bigger issues to worry about at this moment in time. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-55761046

And for what it is worth, it was a shite answer and she was rightly criticised for it.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #5204 on: March 11, 2021, 09:59:13 AM »
Saw a bit of good morning football yesterday- and they said the player who had been paid the most in NFL history was Rothlesberger a staggering 262 million dollars to date

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal