collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)  (Read 800329 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #1440 on: October 18, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
Maybe. The strongest team doesn't always win the Superbowl though. It seems pretty wide open this year.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1441 on: October 18, 2010, 09:56:50 PM »
16 sacks in two games for Cutler. Again a really low 3rd Down conversion rate. We have the defence, until we manage to get a good offensive line we will always struggle against some teams. As I said before, it is the same story as the last superbowl appearance season.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1442 on: October 18, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »
Dave - you realise that it's the same day as the Blues game? 31 October?
Yeah, but I'm too cheap to pass up a free day out with someone else paying for lots of food and drink.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1443 on: October 19, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »
16 sacks in two games for Cutler. Again a really low 3rd Down conversion rate. We have the defence, until we manage to get a good offensive line we will always struggle against some teams. As I said before, it is the same story as the last superbowl appearance season.

Against the Giants, Cutler was as much to blame as the Offensive Line. He seemed to want half an hour to hold on to the ball each time. That said, his confidence must have taken a battering playing behind that shower. I would put him in the shotgun give him a better chance to have a look around.

Online ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #1444 on: October 22, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
Packers @ Vikings this Sunday - Come on the no score draw!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #1445 on: October 23, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »
Steelers @ Dolphins also looks like an interesting game.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1446 on: October 23, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »
What this thread lacks is an in depth discussion about the photos of Favre's "Little Brett " !!

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #1447 on: October 24, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1448 on: October 24, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
What this thread lacks is an in depth discussion about the photos of Favre's "Little Brett " !!

I'd prefer some photos of Jenn Sterger.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1449 on: October 24, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
For any of the Villa Bears contingent, I'm watching the game here. Takes a while to load but a good picture.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1450 on: October 24, 2010, 07:39:40 PM »
Half-time, Bears winning... and the Brians 20-3 up at the World Champions! Surely they can't hold on?

Offline The Situation

« Reply #1451 on: October 24, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »
Another interesting and exciting week in the NFL (so far)... as usual it seems this season.

Cleveland go to the champs in New Orleans and win... impressive stuff, Randy will be delighted with that.

Tampa Bay win again... with seconds to go against the Rams. This young Bucs team is looking like a dark horse at the moment.

My Ravens just scrape past the Bills... phew lol. We're 5-2 now, so looking good... we're coming after you Steelers!

Washington win in Chicago. Another great win for the 'Skins... they like playing against the big teams, eh?

Titans are looking hot right now. Another dark horse I think.

Steelers win with last minute FG in Miami... dammit.

And currently right now... Oakland are going crazy in Denver humiliating the Broncos and Patriots are looking good in San Diego.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1452 on: October 25, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
Bears should never have lost. We played poorly but so did they. They had plenty of luck... there were about ten fumbles, all but one fell to them. We missed a touchdown by about an inch then threw an interception next play. We interecpted for a touchdown only to have it nullified for a delay of game penalty against McNabb. Things like that kept happening all game.

We were unlucky but I suppose if you consistently fail to convert 1st-and-goal chances from inside the 3 you deserve to lose. We've done that for about the past 5 seasons (or since whenever it was we lost the Superbowl).

Offline The Situation

« Reply #1453 on: October 25, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
The Packers fans are pathetic... I just cannot believe they have the audacity to boo Brett Favre after he was their best ever QB and played for them for 17 seasons breaking all records and winning a SuperBowl. I don't care that he retired, then came out of retirement or whatever, it's just completely and utterly stupid.

The retarded ''NFL Code of Conduct'' policy can suck balls also. Can you imagine the PGA Tour suspending Tiger Woods for x amount of tournaments because he had sex with a dozen women despite being married, or the Premier League suspending John Terry for x amount of games because he had an affair, or suspend whatever player because they were caught drinking too much in a nightclub the list goes on etc...

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1454 on: October 25, 2010, 03:15:01 AM »
Why do the packers consistently beat themselves?  In the 3 games they have lost this year, they have done so by a combination of giving away needless penaltys, not taking chances and turning the ball over in key spots. 

They should be well ahead at half time against the Vikings tonight, but two stupid interceptions on long drives has killed them.  Aaron Rodgers has the potential to be one of the greats, but needs to learn to throw the ball away at times.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal