collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 07:02:40 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The NFL Thread (with added College Football)  (Read 814509 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
The NFL Thread (with added College Football)
« Reply #570 on: November 22, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
Quote from: "pmarachi"
Quote from: "ADVILLAFAN"
Does anyone know any Detroit Lions fans? That must be hell. Every year they're dreadful, you'd think with good draft picks every year they should have been better by now.

No, actually I don't...

Football is weird in that a LOT of people don't root for the home market team, and since everyone loves football and not everyone has a home team you meet a lot of random fans.

I live in CT and we don't have a team, and so I meet TONS AND TONS of different fans...

But never met a Lions fan...

There are all sorts of rumors that they are going to leave Detroit, and they will probably end the year with the #1 draft pick.

You'd think that the Patriots would be the team for people from Connecticut to support, but a lot of them seem to support the Bears there (not sad, but I go on those forums too....  8-[ )

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #571 on: November 22, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »
eh...

The thing is, CT is split.  I live over 3 hours from Boston, and actually live closer to Philadelphia than Boston.

If you had to choose, the New York teams are closer to pretty much everyone in CT except for the top corner of the state.

(however, in Football, the two new york teams, the giants and jets don't play in new york, they play in New Jersey, which is such a joke!)

For instance, I live in CT, and work in NY, and the ride is about 20 minutes.

If I were to drive to Boston it would take over 3 hours.

Also, up until about 5 or 6 years ago, there were NO patriots fans, not even in Boston.  It is the ultimate front runners team.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #572 on: November 22, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »
eh...

The thing is, CT is split.  I live over 3 hours from Boston, and actually live closer to Philadelphia than Boston.

If you had to choose, the New York teams are closer to pretty much everyone in CT except for the top corner of the state.

(however, in Football, the two new york teams, the giants and jets don't play in new york, they play in New Jersey, which is such a joke!)

Also, up until about 5 or 6 years ago, there were NO patriots fans, not even in Boston.  It is the ultimate front runners team.

Hah, I stand corrected!!  Don't the New York Red Bulls play in new jersey too?    Oh and 1985, kicked the Patriots arses

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #573 on: November 22, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »
yeah, the redbulls play in jersey also, but I have to be honest, I have never heard anything about the redbulls.

I think the MLS final is going to be on TV this weekend though...

AT 3:30 pm!!!

Right during primetime football time.

WAY TO GO MLS!!!
Make sure no one watches AGAIN!!!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #574 on: November 22, 2008, 02:31:58 PM »
eh...

Hah, I stand corrected!!  Don't the New York Red Bulls play in new jersey too?    Oh and 1985, kicked the Patriots arses

Yes, they share the Giants Stadium. I remember Agel moaning about the Astroturf last year (he'll be glad that Luton bastard kicked the bucket then!). I think they're moving to a "Soccer Specific Stadium" in the near future. Doubt it will be in NY proper though as there has been speculation of a second NY franchise in Queen's.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #575 on: November 22, 2008, 10:34:12 PM »
Oh Julie....

Oh Julie, where are you??

Tends to go a tad quiet when the Skins lose to The Boys at home..... :smt002

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #576 on: November 22, 2008, 11:46:15 PM »
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
eh...

Yes, they share the Giants Stadium. I remember Agel moaning about the Astroturf last year (he'll be glad that Luton bastard kicked the bucket then!). I think they're moving to a "Soccer Specific Stadium" in the near future. Doubt it will be in NY proper though as there has been speculation of a second NY franchise in Queen's.

yeah they are moving to a soccer stadium, but Giants stadium isn't turf...

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #577 on: November 23, 2008, 11:38:47 AM »
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
eh...

yeah they are moving to a soccer stadium, but Giants stadium isn't turf...

Angel was moaning more about the fact that it had American Football lines on the pitch. We kinda support the Red Bulls purely because he plays for them, great bloke.

Oh, and if we don't beat the Rams today I think we can safely say Da Bears won't get into the playoffs.    Who would of thought a few years ago that the Cardinals would be sailing into the playoffs....

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #578 on: November 23, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »
The cardinals are not a bad team.  They would be even better if they didn't play any 1pm games on the east coast.

So far this year, teams maing the west to east trip for the 1pm games, with the 3 hour time change are 0-12...

0 -12!!!!

So NO west coast team has won their game on the east coast at 1pm!!!

Which is WILD.

The bears have a lot of work to do, but they should be able to easily beat the Rams.

The rams suck...

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #579 on: November 23, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »
The cardinals are not a bad team.  They would be even better if they didn't play any 1pm games on the east coast.

So far this year, teams maing the west to east trip for the 1pm games, with the 3 hour time change are 0-12...

0 -12!!!!

Which is WILD.

The bears have a lot of work to do, but they should be able to easily beat the Rams.

The rams suck...

This is what I was thinking. We're not great, but they're rubbish. If we can win another 3-4 games then we can make the playoffs (NFC North isn't exactly amazing). [/b]

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #580 on: November 23, 2008, 02:51:10 PM »

0 -12!!!!

Which is WILD.

I think it's more to do with the fact all the West Coast teams suck....Arizona aside.....maybe.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #581 on: November 23, 2008, 03:00:46 PM »
Well let's see.

If you hope that the NFC east canabilizes itself you may have a wild card chance.

you have to keep in mind that if you don't win that division, all of the teams in the nfc east and south are above .500 (I am pretty sure...)

And you have already gotten your guarantees out of the way.  2 Wins against the lions, and the win against the westbrook-less eagles, so there are no more gimme games, and BOTH the packers and the vikings have one left against the Lions.

My prediction is that GB takes the north, and the bears and vikings fight it out.

I have to be honest, but with Devin Hester (one of my favs from the U) playing like rubbish, and not a stong QB with Orton, I think that even if they finish ahead of the vikings they need to hope for a small miracle in the NFC east and NFC south to get that wild card spot.  The NFC east teams finish strong, and last year 3 of the 4 teams made the playoffs.  They need either the cowboys or the skins to blow it.  Also, the NFC south is no joke this season.

and lets see the schedule...

They can win 4 out of the next 6, which is a good thing.

I guess that is the fun part...

Waiting to see what happens.

Offline pmarachi

« Reply #582 on: November 23, 2008, 03:02:17 PM »
Quote from: "usav"

0 -12!!!!

Which is WILD.

I think it's more to do with the fact all the West Coast teams suck....Arizona aside.....maybe.

I don't now...

In gerneral they aren't as good, but 0-12 for teams making that trip?

It is kind of a glaring statistic, isn't it?

Offline sali,salifou

« Reply #583 on: November 23, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »
dammit titans
got battered by the jets
not of massive importance as should still have full home field advantedge in play offs looking at the run in
be interesting how we respond though

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #584 on: November 23, 2008, 09:23:29 PM »
browns lost 16-6. to the bloody Texans. at home. arse.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal