collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 11:32:37 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:29:53 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:28:14 AM]

[Today at 11:27:58 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:27:36 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dave
[Today at 11:22:17 AM]

[Today at 11:20:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.  (Read 31809 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 12:11:24 PM »
The big summer link is Hermanso on a free.
He can play alongside Rodgers, Beundia, MacGinn and Tim Irogbhunam.  As long as he speaks good Spanish.

He'll replace Lengelt.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 12:13:17 PM »
As long as he has an understanding with Marteniz.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 12:15:37 PM »
The big summer link is Hermanso on a free.

He can play alongside Rodgers, Beundia, MacGinn* and Tim Irogbhunam.  As long as he speaks good Spanish.

Should do (and Portuguese) seeing as he's Hermoso and Ganso's lovechild.

*Just to clarify, that was a deliberate misspelling in reference to the others listed.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 12:20:39 PM »
Digne for sure will be gone. We will trying to offload Coutinho permanently. Chambers will be gone I’m sure. Cam will return to be sold again. My biggest concern would be JJ being sold. And yeh, didn’t think of Konsa who would be a prized asset especially if he goes to the Euros, gets to play and does well.

I think Dave P meant Kosta - (Nedeljkovic) our new young Serbian RB, replacing Cash.

Yep I realize that. Doesn’t come across in my badly written reply. Should have been a separate sentence regarding Konsa.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 12:34:51 PM »
Martinez
New Keeper
Gauci

Cash
Nedelijokic
Konsa
Carlos
Torres
Mings
Moreno
New Left Back

Luiz
Kamara
McGinn
Ramsey
Tielemans
Dendonker or Iroegbunam

Buendia
Bailey
Diaby
Rogers

Watkins
Duran

Assuming Digne does leave anyway. Olsen, Coutinho, Chambers off, Zaniolo and Leglet not re-signed as not really needed. If we can still have that core squad next season we'll be looking good. Also assuming Mings and Buendia get back to something like their normal level quickly. A top quality attacking addition might take us to the next level but not sure about FFP.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 12:40:17 PM »
The problem with that ^^^ is there's almost no sale value for the likes of Olsen, Coutinho and Chambers.

We've got a large FFP deficit (it won't be the entire 120m, but it'll be most of it) staying on our books for the next two seasons after this one, and somewhere in all the business we are going to do, unfortunately we're going to have to sell someone who will fetch a decent sum, and ideally someone who has been fully amortised now.

Things like the Adidas deal, the new shirt sponsor, all that, none of that is going to hit until next season, and we're yet to see what this season looks like in terms of FFP, but I doubt it'll be a story of extreme parsimony (Kosta, Rogers, Diaby etc).

Also, that squad you've listed only has Ollie and Duran as our strikers, that's not going to be anywhere near enough, especially not if we're in the Champions League.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 12:42:32 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 12:46:27 PM »
Paul Robinson makes me laugh saying villa will sell JJ and luiz for 100m 😂 luiz alone is close to 100m

Especially as apparently, in his expertise as both an accountant, along with being an FFP/PSR expert, we have to sell both to satisfy FFP/PSR based on one years worth of accounts that the media have scrutinised as the full FFP/PSR period...

Im no expert in either of those things, but as far as I was aware, FFP/PSR was based on three years worth of accounts...

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 12:51:02 PM »
Paul Robinson makes me laugh saying villa will sell JJ and luiz for 100m 😂 luiz alone is close to 100m

Especially as apparently, in his expertise as both an accountant, along with being an FFP/PSR expert, we have to sell both to satisfy FFP/PSR based on one years worth of accounts that the media have scrutinised as the full FFP/PSR period...

Im no expert in either of those things, but as far as I was aware, FFP/PSR was based on three years worth of accounts...

It is, but the loss allowed is accumulated over those three years, and the amount allowed is less than we've just registered in one single season.

That means, ultimately, more money is going to have to come into the club than goes out, somehow.

There's only way we can really do that and that involves recouping significantly more in sales than we spend.

I think we'll sell Dougie. Will go for a big number, been here long enough to be fully amortised so he'd be all profit.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2024, 01:15:11 PM »
We've got a large FFP deficit (it won't be the entire 120m, but it'll be most of it) staying on our books for the next two seasons after this one, and somewhere in all the business we are going to do, unfortunately we're going to have to sell someone who will fetch a decent sum, and ideally someone who has been fully amortised now.

Also, that squad you've listed only has Ollie and Duran as our strikers, that's not going to be anywhere near enough, especially not if we're in the Champions League.

As i say, a top level forward who can play anywhere across the front would be good, FFP allowing.

Ah, fuck 'em. We'll take the 10 point deduction and still win the league. :-)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2024, 01:17:10 PM »

It is, but the loss allowed is accumulated over those three years, and the amount allowed is less than we've just registered in one single season.

That means, ultimately, more money is going to have to come into the club than goes out, somehow.

There's only way we can really do that and that involves recouping significantly more in sales than we spend.

I think we'll sell Dougie. Will go for a big number, been here long enough to be fully amortised so he'd be all profit.

Not Digne? Coutinho? Dendoncker? Big wages off the books.

How much do we save by not signing Zaniolo?

Maybe selling Tielemans? He should be all profit & he offers little to average overall performances, bar the odd decent one...

I would 100% sell Tielemans before Ramsey or Douglas Luiz...

Like I say, Im not a financial expert, so I would bow to greater knowledge & experience than my own, but I don't think hitting FFP/PSR/etc targets is just down to selling Ramsey or Luiz.

Those are just the easy names to come up with when looking at the worst case scenario, which is exactly what the media, especially that absolute toilet of news 'football insider" will do for clicks & ad revenue...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 01:25:57 PM by pablo_picasso »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2024, 01:18:18 PM »

Plenty of suitors too I reckon, player ready to move on all of that makes it the most likely deal to me. Bailey after that for the reason's Dave's previously mentioned.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2024, 01:27:40 PM »
I think it'll be Martinez, especially if we don't qualify for the Champions League.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2024, 01:50:45 PM »
An additional £30m from shirt and sponsor deals, added to £25m extra revenue from the european adventure will go a long way to fix that.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2024, 01:55:33 PM »
I think it'll be Martinez, especially if we don't qualify for the Champions League.

I think it's more likely this summer than it ever was last summer, but I still don't see a place for him to go. Maybe Bayern, but I expect they'll just do what they always do and sign whoever the best Bundesliga goalkeeper is.

Places that would be an upgrade on us either don't need a goalkeeper, or need to spend money on other areas of the pitch rather than chucking that much money at it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2024, 02:48:14 PM »
An additional £30m from shirt and sponsor deals, added to £25m extra revenue from the european adventure will go a long way to fix that.

The shirt and sponsorship won't hit til next year so we'll be be under more pressure this summer.

And given our year-end is the end of June does that mean that any big sales we have decided to let happen, must do so before July? I guess it prevents a saga like the Grealish one rumbling through the summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal