collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:40:29 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Forge10
[Today at 08:38:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 08:37:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:37:32 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Skerra
[Today at 08:35:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Post-Match  (Read 20990 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Post-Match
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2023, 05:21:21 PM »
BBC live table currently has us on 7 points.

Saw that, they need to borrow PWS's telescope.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2023, 05:21:34 PM »
BBC live table currently has us on 7 points.

Fuck the London loving BBC. Wankers to a man.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2023, 05:22:09 PM »
I don’t think Torres is terrible. But I do think he needs to realize he’s no longer playing in Spain where he has a lot more time on the ball. And the game in England is a lot faster overall. He’s been caught out by that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 05:24:28 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2023, 05:22:10 PM »
The main table on the BBC homepage still has us on 6!

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2023, 05:23:03 PM »
We deserved to win overall because we outplayed palace for about 70% of the game.

But it did feel like we could play until the sun touches the earth & never score.

So its delightful to see us managing to get a win when we were 0-1 down on the 87th minute.

Maybe Duran should get a shot up front to see what he can do for 90 mins?

Offline supertom

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2023, 05:23:20 PM »
Well with the game petering out it looked like a classic tale of villa old when we're on top (without being that good) and then concede before struggling to break down the opposition and slump to a defeat. But Unai likes a patient and composed approach. We never started to look desperate.

That said the goal was a touch of magic out of the blue. We should have taken chances in the first half and second really but there was no pissing about with Duran.

My biggest negative today, aside from Torres getting bullied again, was Tielemens. It took our first goal to wake him up because he played like he was half asleep. After all the press nonsense I'd have expected him fired up. Slow, cumbersome and lackadaisical with the ball. If he wants a shirt he's got to be way way better.

Diaby was lively again and Bailey looked sharp when he came on. I just wish Leon was the same player away from home.

Back to Duran. He's raw, he's awkward, he's a little wild with flailing legs and he's unpredictable. He reminds me of a cross between Tino Asprilla and Wanchope at times. Maybe a dash of Yeboah. He's like a bull in a China shop but he's definitely a livewire and I love him. I think he'll score a few pearlers this season. He might get sent off once or twice for double yellows but there you go. Does he need refinement? Would too much take something away?

We've snatched victory from the jaws of defeat (the sign of a good side). I quite like Palace but they really should have been a bit more clinical on a few of those counters. They'll say it's harsh but for the silky players and quick counterattacks, they didn't test Dibu enough.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2023, 05:24:02 PM »
I'm in Dublin for the weekend and have been out all afternoon and got back about 5pm, jumped on here to see how the match went and it was 1-1, I wasn't happy but then saw the stoppage time was running at about 9 minutes.  Where did it all come from?  Was there a bad injury?  The final result is going to make the pints better tonight.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2023, 05:24:08 PM »
I just looked and the BBC still haven't got our game as FT.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2023, 05:26:01 PM »
A word for Tielemans. Hard to come into games we are chasing. But he’s a tidy player and a lovely ball with his left set Diaby away for our third. I’d like to see him in for Kamara.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2023, 05:26:47 PM »
Diaby just seems to have that bit of quality when it matters. Great first touch and shpt for his VAR "goal", and the run and pass to Bailey to finish things of was superb.

And while we're covering "subs changing the game", loads of praise for Duran and Bailey - but it was a great ball from Tielemans for the penalty, and his ball that put Diaby in.

Considering he's come in for a bit of stick.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2023, 05:27:23 PM »
I'm in Dublin for the weekend and have been out all afternoon and got back about 5pm, jumped on here to see how the match went and it was 1-1, I wasn't happy but then saw the stoppage time was running at about 9 minutes.  Where did it all come from?  Was there a bad injury?  The final result is going to make the pints better tonight.

Sam Johnstone was down injured for about 5mins and then a bunch of general delays and time wasting. Ended up being more like 15 minutes because of another injury and a couple more goals.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2023, 05:28:30 PM »
Duran and Dougie, co-MOTM for me. Jhon Duran changed the game. He brought physicality, effort and an incredible finish that flipped the momentum in an instant. We were never going to lose after that goal.

I’ll be interested to see how many touches Dougie got today, he was everywhere. Diaby was great too. He’s one of those players where the game is in slow motion for them and they can just have their way.

Great result to keep us up at the top end of the table. In Unai we trust - enjoy the rest of your weekend guys!

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2023, 05:29:07 PM »
Watched the penalty review again. What the fuck were they saying to the ref from VAR? It was a clear penalty, yet it seems they did everything possible to create doubt in the refs mind.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2023, 05:29:50 PM »
I just looked and the BBC still haven't got our game as FT.

Same on Google.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2023, 05:30:27 PM »
I fully and completely back this manager after he took us to 7th in two thirds of last season.

Disappointing to see negativity creep into match threads when things go against us. We always have a chance of a turnaround with this manager.

Get a grip, mate.

It's a match thread on a football forum. What do you think is going to happen when we are losing at home to Palace, and not playing that well?

I’m with Villain82 on this one. Some posts sound like they are written by primary school kids with players veering from being total shit to world beaters within minutes.
Which is why we watch football. The match thread reflects these wild, irrational swings of emotion. Do you want it to be like *****, *** , *****, *****; and ******** debating politics, philosophy, and history in OT?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal