collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:29:04 AM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Risso
[Today at 09:01:25 AM]

Kits 24/25 by nigel
[Today at 08:17:54 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:41:13 AM]

When Lions Roared by Pete3206
[Today at 06:32:14 AM]

Olof mellberg by Rory
[Today at 01:29:03 AM]

Rugby League by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Drummond
[Today at 12:54:00 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:29:04 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by DerbyVillian
[Today at 09:20:56 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Chris Smith
[Today at 09:10:41 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Towser
[Today at 09:02:27 AM]

Re: Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Risso
[Today at 09:01:25 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by amfy
[Today at 08:43:21 AM]

Re: Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Deano's Mullet
[Today at 08:40:14 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Richard E
[Today at 08:29:40 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations  (Read 127058 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations
« Reply #825 on: February 18, 2024, 03:05:46 PM »
On Twatter:

Russ Dale 🦁
@russkyd11
20h

Aston Villa matchday revenue... £36m....
Spurs matchday revenue.....£106m.....
But a new stadium would be a terrible idea wouldn't it? 🙄
Can't move forwards if you're standing still.
#avfc

I don't know whether the numbers are right, but I'm guessing the 3x differential is probably not far off being.
And how many years do you need to maintain that to pay off the debt of the new stadium?

Well at least as far as FFP goes, it doesn't matter. The increased income hits the P&L and affects FFP. The costs of building the new stand don't.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #826 on: February 18, 2024, 03:11:08 PM »
I think our match day spend is I’ll be much higher this season.  It would be even higher if they could find a way of serving people quicker I would probably spend a lot more if there was a chance of getting served

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #827 on: February 18, 2024, 03:23:01 PM »
Regular punters alone are nowhere near enough to provide much of an uplift.

I understand it is just part of the jigsaw but if 40,000 all bought a pint at £5, that is £200k per home game - and we’ll never get near that so this is mega optimistic numbers - that is 3.8m a year (and I bet after costs our margin is tiny on all that so profit would be way less. 

Yeah, it adds to the pot, but the real money there is in corporate - corporate that is almost permanently sold out and therefore in short supply.

The Lower Grounds and Terrace View, even should they sell out every single match, would add a pinprick of revenue.

Driving all of this, though, is the number of people in the ground, that has got to increase and that’s what makes the stadium situation so weird.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #828 on: February 18, 2024, 04:25:18 PM »
I think our match day spend is I’ll be much higher this season.  It would be even higher if they could find a way of serving people quicker I would probably spend a lot more if there was a chance of getting served
take this to the Witton Upper thread.

Online aldridgeboy

« Reply #829 on: February 18, 2024, 04:35:30 PM »
And the Upper Trinity thread ( if there is one lol)

I will never even try to get food or drink at a home game again after my one attempt this year. Just no point trying unless I miss last 20 mins of first half or first 15 mins of second

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #830 on: February 18, 2024, 04:39:55 PM »
Regular punters alone are nowhere near enough to provide much of an uplift.

I understand it is just part of the jigsaw but if 40,000 all bought a pint at £5, that is £200k per home game - and we’ll never get near that so this is mega optimistic numbers - that is 3.8m a year (and I bet after costs our margin is tiny on all that so profit would be way less. 

Yeah, it adds to the pot, but the real money there is in corporate - corporate that is almost permanently sold out and therefore in short supply.

The Lower Grounds and Terrace View, even should they sell out every single match, would add a pinprick of revenue.

Driving all of this, though, is the number of people in the ground, that has got to increase and that’s what makes the stadium situation so weird.

Exactly this, there is no inclination to improve anything for us plebs when it’s the real money with the real margins that they want

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #831 on: February 19, 2024, 09:54:26 PM »
On Twatter:

Russ Dale 🦁
@russkyd11
20h

#avfc

I don't know whether the numbers are right, but I'm guessing the 3x differential is probably not far off being.

Although as they have a season ticket price difference over ours of + £200 at he lower end and + £1200 for the rich seats, it it not just coming from the bigger stadium but what people are prepared to pay. They also charge £45-£55 just to be able to buy day to day tickets on the priority route (not sure if they reach general sale). You do get all but £10 back in vouchers, but that is vouchers to get £10 off the Spurs streaming subscription, and the rest in club shop vouchers.

With the way we have reacted to the offerings our club has tried to get extra money in, I can expect similar when we try to go down similar routes.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #832 on: February 19, 2024, 10:39:36 PM »
On Twatter:

Russ Dale 🦁
@russkyd11
20h

#avfc

Although as they have a season ticket price difference over ours of + £200 at he lower end and + £1200 for the rich seats, it it not just coming from the bigger stadium but what people are prepared to pay. They also charge £45-£55 just to be able to buy day to day tickets on the priority route (not sure if they reach general sale). You do get all but £10 back in vouchers, but that is vouchers to get £10 off the Spurs streaming subscription, and the rest in club shop vouchers.

With the way we have reacted to the offerings our club has tried to get extra money in, I can expect similar when we try to go down similar routes.

I pay £80 just to be able to buy tickets for me and the kids.

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #833 on: February 19, 2024, 10:59:31 PM »
I didn't realise we were doing paid memberships now being as DW has mentioned previously you don't have to pay to be on the ST list (Spurs ones include that as a perk, so no ST 5 years down the line if you are not paying £50 a year to keep on it). Not sure how many kids you have but they run £25 for kids memberships.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 11:01:02 PM by Somniloquism »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2024, 02:02:42 AM »
I didn't realise we were doing paid memberships now being as DW has mentioned previously you don't have to pay to be on the ST list (Spurs ones include that as a perk, so no ST 5 years down the line if you are not paying £50 a year to keep on it). Not sure how many kids you have but they run £25 for kids memberships.

Two of brainwashing age. The others have completed their training. Membership is £40 for me, £20 each for the kids.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2024, 05:40:03 AM »
On Twatter:

Russ Dale 🦁
@russkyd11
20h

#avfc

I pay £80 just to be able to buy tickets for me and the kids.
I'm similar - pay £100/yr for me, my dad, and 1 child's membership which our 3 kids share. Can't really justify getting them all membership when we realistically can't get the kids to more than 1-2 games a season (needing Saturday 3pm kickoffs basically for us all to be able to get to VP & back by public transport)

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2024, 07:40:42 AM »
I had a moment of weakness before the Manure match.  I bought a bottle of water and a sausage roll from the Amazon stye pick up in the Holte  Checked my bank the next day £8! £8 for a sausage roll and a water. The world's gone mad.

I won't be doing that again!!

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2024, 08:31:45 AM »
When are we going to see the improvements in every part of the ground, as promised in his dog walk video from Bodymoor? No changes in the Trinity, other than now having luke warm water in the sinks, rather than water directly from the Arctic. Still no way of people drying their hands without queueing. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #838 on: February 20, 2024, 08:35:33 AM »
When are we going to see the improvements in every part of the ground, as promised in his dog walk video from Bodymoor? No changes in the Trinity, other than now having luke warm water in the sinks, rather than water directly from the Arctic. Still no way of people drying their hands without queueing. 

I dont get the last line. If there is someone using the towel dispensers, then you have to wait.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #839 on: February 20, 2024, 08:36:49 AM »
There are no towel dispensers - just two hand dryers...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal