collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Youri Tielemans (confirmed)  (Read 78765 times)

Online rob_bridge

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed)
« Reply #945 on: April 16, 2024, 07:28:11 AM »
I still think it wasn't the absence of Luiz, but the movement of McGinn further back. Luiz and Tielemans in front of the back four are too similar. They both can pass and transition, but both are also slow and not as strong in the tackle. McGinn's arse makes winning the ball back easier or making it harder to break through, and his energy and bustle means a different style of play, making a press on the centre two harder to do.

It's this, completely, me and my brother talk about it tediously. Neither Luiz or Tielemans should ever be the deepest midfielder. I doubted McGinn could play it but he can do it much, much better than those 2.

Yeah - now McGinn is much better with his positional discipline to go with his many other attributes, he is a better option there. We do lose some attacking weight but seemed better there than Luiz as per above

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #946 on: April 16, 2024, 07:45:58 AM »
I still think it wasn't the absence of Luiz, but the movement of McGinn further back. Luiz and Tielemans in front of the back four are too similar. They both can pass and transition, but both are also slow and not as strong in the tackle. McGinn's arse makes winning the ball back easier or making it harder to break through, and his energy and bustle means a different style of play, making a press on the centre two harder to do.

It's this, completely, me and my brother talk about it tediously. Neither Luiz or Tielemans should ever be the deepest midfielder. I doubted McGinn could play it but he can do it much, much better than those 2.

Yeah - now McGinn is much better with his positional discipline to go with his many other attributes, he is a better option there. We do lose some attacking weight but seemed better there than Luiz as per above
McGinn is also able to receive the ball in tight situations because of his strength, this allows us to get out of the press when there is little else on.
And rarely gives the ball away.
Tielemans had a major contribution against Arse just as he did against Citeh and various other games.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #947 on: Today at 07:10:05 PM »
Brought forward in anticipation for specific chat on performance this evening v Chelsea.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #948 on: Today at 07:11:29 PM »
Brought forward in anticipation for specific chat on performance this evening v Chelsea.

What is the point in this?

"Bringing forward" a thread in anticipation of a chat about him? Are you going to do that for all starters tonight?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal