collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets - 2023/24  (Read 115585 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24
« Reply #1485 on: May 04, 2024, 10:58:47 PM »
They'll sell all ST a piece of piss. They'll sell CL tickets a piece of piss. Makes no sense to sell them combined when the aim is to maximise revenue. £60 cheapest adult ticket for the CL is my guess.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1486 on: May 04, 2024, 11:41:22 PM »
No way , ECL tickets will be standalone purchases. And they'll be pricey .

We've been spoilt this season how good the European prices have been. They at least learnt from the debacle of the Everton pricing which resulted in our lowest home attendance for many years.

It will be premier league prices for CL for sure given it's pretty certain we'll be getting two elite CL teams at VP with how they're re-configuring the competition so demand will be ridiculous.
Yep , spot on. What we don't yet know is what Prem League pricing is next season. My view is we are facing into a double digit % increase . Every one has a choice so I'm not slating anyone who goes or doesn't or the club who need to do what they need to . Modern Prem top end football is a different business nowadays . I'm still grappling with do I renew or bail at the moment .

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1487 on: May 05, 2024, 02:09:22 AM »
I could not think of a good business reason why they wouldn’t do it.

You can’t think of a good business reason why they wouldn’t discount 25k tickets for four games they are going to sell anyway?
Who said anything about discount, and you don’t think being paid in advance is good business? let alone removing a lot of the cost of selling individual tickets.

Because why would season ticket holders do it then? If you have a ST, you are guaranteed to get a CL ticket, why would you want to pay those up front? All ST tickets are discounted.

They don’t need to encourage new season ticket holders and they don’t need to encourage european game take-up, all they’d be doing is reducing gate receipts to get the money in earlier.

By incorporating CL games into it you’re not going to sell any more season ticks or champions league tickets than you were going to anyway, but you are giving people waivering, or with budget restrictions, or who can’t do midweek games a reason not to buy one.

Yes, I do think improving cashflow is good business. But it’s not this businesses problem, is it? Generating more revenue is. So no, sacrificing revenue for improved cashflow isn’t great business here.

But the point was you saying you couldn’t think of a single business reason not to do it, not that I didn’t think there was any possible business reason to.  :P

Online dalians umbrella

« Reply #1488 on: May 10, 2024, 03:18:53 PM »
An eagle-eyed person on another Villa forum has spotted, that if you go onto the Terrace View webpage, there is a picture of what looks like a Terrace View Mark 2 for the Witton.  As someone who sits in that area, my heart has sunk.

Image here:

https://ibb.co/Tck627j

Webpage here:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/the-terrace-view/match-by-match/

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1489 on: May 10, 2024, 04:45:54 PM »
It doesn't mean they'll take your seats though.  They should if they want it to sell better, but if it's the same model as the Terrace View then they'll just hold empty seats back elsewhere in the stand.

It looks from that though that they will have to take some of the boxes back if they want to create that viewing window?

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #1490 on: May 10, 2024, 05:04:30 PM »
I doubt you'd be able to watch the game through the window. They have to pull the curtains as you can't have alcohol while watching the game so I'm guessing they'll take out a couple of the boxes in have people be able to access it before and after game like the terrace view

Online dalians umbrella

« Reply #1491 on: May 10, 2024, 05:06:54 PM »
It doesn't mean they'll take your seats though.  They should if they want it to sell better, but if it's the same model as the Terrace View then they'll just hold empty seats back elsewhere in the stand.

Thanks. I didn’t realise that was how it worked with the terrace view

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1492 on: May 10, 2024, 05:18:55 PM »

I think the only seats they took for the TV were some in the Holte lower to create a small accessible deck in front of the viewing window.  The rest they just use spare seats dotted throughout the Holte, mostly at the back.  I reckon there's enough good non season ticket seats in the DE for it to work better in the DE.

Online dalians umbrella

« Reply #1493 on: May 10, 2024, 05:25:09 PM »

I think the only seats they took for the TV were some in the Holte lower to create a small accessible deck in front of the viewing window.  The rest they just use spare seats dotted throughout the Holte, mostly at the back.  I reckon there's enough good non season ticket seats in the DE for it to work better in the DE.

My blood pressure is starting to come back down now, thanks.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1494 on: May 10, 2024, 05:46:11 PM »
I could not think of a good business reason why they wouldn’t do it.

You can’t think of a good business reason why they wouldn’t discount 25k tickets for four games they are going to sell anyway?
Who said anything about discount, and you don’t think being paid in advance is good business? let alone removing a lot of the cost of selling individual tickets.

Because why would season ticket holders do it then? If you have a ST, you are guaranteed to get a CL ticket, why would you want to pay those up front? All ST tickets are discounted.

They don’t need to encourage new season ticket holders and they don’t need to encourage european game take-up, all they’d be doing is reducing gate receipts to get the money in earlier.

By incorporating CL games into it you’re not going to sell any more season ticks or champions league tickets than you were going to anyway, but you are giving people waivering, or with budget restrictions, or who can’t do midweek games a reason not to buy one.

Yes, I do think improving cashflow is good business. But it’s not this businesses problem, is it? Generating more revenue is. So no, sacrificing revenue for improved cashflow isn’t great business here.

But the point was you saying you couldn’t think of a single business reason not to do it, not that I didn’t think there was any possible business reason to.  :P
Oh dear, I was suggesting the option to buy the CL package with the ST not make it compulsory.
So the STs that would go anyway can buy them or chose not to. Both improving cash flow and reducing administration.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1495 on: May 10, 2024, 06:25:37 PM »
An eagle-eyed person on another Villa forum has spotted, that if you go onto the Terrace View webpage, there is a picture of what looks like a Terrace View Mark 2 for the Witton.  As someone who sits in that area, my heart has sunk.

Image here:

Webpage here:

I imagine it will impact the Lower Tier Halfway line Witton seats . M1 / M2 Blocks

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1496 on: May 10, 2024, 06:42:32 PM »

Image here:

Webpage here:

I imagine it will impact the Lower Tier Halfway line Witton seats . M1 / M2 Blocks

Surely that's the wrong end of the ground?

That picture is the end above the away fans.

TBH, I don't really care if they want to put one there, I'd have thought the actual seats above in the upper Doug closest the away fans must be amongst the last to sell usually?

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1497 on: May 10, 2024, 08:33:19 PM »

Image here:

Webpage here:

Surely that's the wrong end of the ground?

That picture is the end above the away fans.

TBH, I don't really care if they want to put one there, I'd have thought the actual seats above in the upper Doug closest the away fans must be amongst the last to sell usually?
Would you put corporate lite seats next to the away end ? Maybe for bantz

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1498 on: May 10, 2024, 08:53:09 PM »
Considering who was in Villa corporate last night, probably wise not to.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1499 on: May 10, 2024, 09:13:50 PM »
Considering who was in Villa corporate last night, probably wise not to.
Spill the beans   .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal