collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Stinkin_Thinkin
[Today at 12:21:01 AM]

Robin Olsen by olaftab
[Today at 12:20:26 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:18:48 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:16:32 AM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:16:20 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:14:04 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa are criminally underrated  (Read 4135 times)

Offline footywithuti

Aston Villa are criminally underrated
« on: April 19, 2023, 04:32:19 PM »
Evening everyone, I hope you’re doing well. I’ve just done a short 3-minute video on why Aston Villa are the most underrated club in the entire division for those interested. As an outsider looking in, I’ve been amazed at Villa’s performances ever since Unai Emery’s come in and am glad to see you getting back to where a club of your stature belongs. If this man is backed in the summer and allowed to build a team in his own image, I wouldn’t be surprised to see you add another European trophy to your cabinet in a year from now. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts and wish you all the best for Brentford away on Saturday, cheers!

https://youtu.be/UqPjZXlR3Oc

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa are criminally underrated
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 08:31:37 AM »
I can't argue with any of that. Thanks and UTV!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 09:20:19 AM »
Good stuff.

Why is Emery much maligned, though? People speak as if he relegated Arsenal, but they finished 5th? 6th? He's won countless UEFA Cups etc

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »
He follows Wenger who although slightly tarnished by the end made Arsenal the club they are today. It’s a bit like following Ferguson, as soon as the slightest chink in a new Managers armour appears the fans and the media are onto them mercilessly.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 11:13:25 AM »
Cool, send the link to the Tifo lads.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 12:59:29 PM »
This is probably the best thread to post this link. More praise for the Villa and from a Man Utd fan no less. Believe it or not he talks a lot of sense:

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 01:08:34 PM »
Excellent clip and i am honestly amazed by the genuine comments from this guy

There is no way he is a United fan as i have never met one, and i mean never, that can talk about football without you hating them within 5 minutes

Fair play

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 01:18:05 PM »
I watched that yesterday and have to agree, it's a pretty fair summary that is more insightful than most.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 01:33:12 PM »
Good stuff.

Why is Emery much maligned, though? People speak as if he relegated Arsenal, but they finished 5th? 6th? He's won countless UEFA Cups etc

I honestly think most of it was because of his 'Good Ebening' thing and because Arsenal fans are a bunch of dicks, especially online, they basically turned it into a meme and that was it.

Their loss.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2023, 01:41:53 PM »
I think part of it was because Arsenal fans had convinced themselves that Wenger had lost it and any decent manager would get them back in the Champions League when the truth was that sorting the squad out and getting rid of the handful of toxic players was always going to take 3-4 windows. A lot of the players that are at the heart of their team now were signed or promoted whilst Emery was there but a run of a few poor performances was enough for them to panic and sack him.

The thing I find most annoying though isn't Arsenal, it's the lack of credit he gets for having the highest win percentage ever as PSG manager, if you look at the other people who've had that job it's a truly remarkable achievement for a manager who, until recently, was dismissed by so many.

As soon as his name was in the mix I voted for him (on the pool on here) as the manager I wanted because it just felt like the perfect fit and it's turned out far better than I expected so far.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2023, 02:00:39 PM »
After two defeats in his first two games (to Chelsea and Man City, hardly a disgrace) for the Arse, he then won 11 in a row in all competitions. They finished the season really strongly too, with 9 wins out of 13, but got humped a bit by Chelsea in the Europa final, but even then, Chelsea had a really strong team with Hazard, Jorginho, Kante and Giroud all pretty much at the height of their powers.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2023, 02:56:04 PM »
What were his weaknesses at Arsenal? Some fans said they let lots of narrow games slip at home to poorer sides but I don't know how he was found wanting when it came to tactics and changes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2023, 03:04:59 PM »
What were his weaknesses at Arsenal? Some fans said they let lots of narrow games slip at home to poorer sides but I don't know how he was found wanting when it came to tactics and changes.

My mate's an Arsenal season ticket holder of many years, and he said it was a combination of things, eg:

Following Wenger - a difficult job like following Ferguson at Man U.
Didn't take control from the off -  a bit too nice, English really not very good, openly mocked and a few problems in the dressing room, eg Ozil.
Not on the same page as the owners/recruitment team, eg wanting Zaha but getting Pepe.

None of which he has at Villa, plus we've got him with a few years more experience.

Online LeonW

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2023, 03:09:15 PM »

My mate's an Arsenal season ticket holder of many years, and he said it was a combination of things, eg:

Following Wenger - a difficult job like following Ferguson at Man U.
Didn't take control from the off -  a bit too nice, English really not very good, openly mocked and a few problems in the dressing room, eg Ozil.
Not on the same page as the owners/recruitment team, eg wanting Zaha but getting Pepe.

None of which he has at Villa, plus we've got him with a few years more experience.

Didn’t he also want Ozil out very early but the arse board said no. Then Arteta came along and said the same thing and this time they said yes?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal