collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:22:22 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:18:19 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard
[Today at 12:17:55 PM]

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Diego Carlos by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:07:28 PM]

Champions League Contention by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 12:04:52 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa are criminally underrated  (Read 4139 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Aston Villa are criminally underrated
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 03:43:31 PM »
Not just Ozil, I think they had quite a few players who were regulars under Wenger that he was trying to shift out.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 04:55:20 PM »
What were his weaknesses at Arsenal? Some fans said they let lots of narrow games slip at home to poorer sides but I don't know how he was found wanting when it came to tactics and changes.
But, always good to remind an arse fan: "Saka and Smith Rowe began to play with me," Emery said last year. "I gave Saka his Premier League debut against Fulham, on January 1, when he was 17. You had to work with these young players, to replace those who were there before. Gabriel Martinelli, who arrived then too – I knew he was a player who would grow."

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 05:11:58 PM »
What were his weaknesses at Arsenal? Some fans said they let lots of narrow games slip at home to poorer sides but I don't know how he was found wanting when it came to tactics and changes.

Also recall that when we were shipping goals for a laugh mainly due to massive defensive fuck ups he stuck to his guns and kept us playing that way. However over the next few weeks the entire side tightened up so that now we have one of the best defences in the league. So it’s both that he’s determined in his methods but flexible enough to make tactical adjustments. That comes from a lot of well earned credibility, vast experience and sheer determination and strength of mind.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2023, 08:49:54 PM »
I'm so happy with what Unai Emry's done since he joined us he's been phenomenal for turning us around he his a world class manager and I'm so glad we have him.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 10:57:43 PM »

My mate's an Arsenal season ticket holder of many years, and he said it was a combination of things, eg:

Following Wenger - a difficult job like following Ferguson at Man U.
Didn't take control from the off -  a bit too nice, English really not very good, openly mocked and a few problems in the dressing room, eg Ozil.
Not on the same page as the owners/recruitment team, eg wanting Zaha but getting Pepe.

None of which he has at Villa, plus we've got him with a few years more experience............

.......And something to prove.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2023, 01:21:25 AM »

My mate's an Arsenal season ticket holder of many years, and he said it was a combination of things, eg:

Didn't take control from the off -  a bit too nice, English really not very good, openly mocked and a few problems in the dressing room, eg Ozil.
Not on the same page as the owners/recruitment team, eg wanting Zaha but getting Pepe.

None of which he has at Villa, plus we've got him with a few years more experience............

..and he loves to be loved. The walk pitchside pre and post match, seeing him smiling, he knows he's found his home. He's going no where except up with the Villa.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2023, 11:17:32 AM »
The Man Utd fan said he didn't have a pre-season but the World Cup was as good as and was really helpful. We only had Martinez, Cash and Dendonker at the World Cup so he was able to work closely with most of them and it's played a big part.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2023, 04:00:39 PM »
I think the Newcastle result has at last made the pundits sit up and notice us, this week we have probably received more publicity than any other week this season.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2023, 04:10:53 PM »
I think the Newcastle result has at last made the pundits sit up and notice us, this week we have probably received more publicity than any other week this season.

Or any season since MON. 

Offline danno

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2023, 08:14:04 PM »

Think it’s because earlier standout results were easily dismissed. Man Utd and Brighton, ‘new manager bounce’ , Chelsea and Tottenham ‘having a bad season’ etc.

Saturday was: wait a minute… Villa are quite good?!?

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2023, 05:27:14 AM »

Which is worth its weight in gold

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2023, 10:43:37 AM »
I was initially quite sceptical of this clip. But after watching it think it's actually been quite well done, and is quite funny. Some if his other ones are even funnier, the Frank Lampard one.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2023, 11:03:56 AM »
I think it’s a great video - with a bit of humour but very valid.

To be honest I was slightly unsure when we appointed him as really wanted Poch.  But looking in to him when he joined then the first two games I realised that this could be a planets aligning moments.

He build teams and likes having control over many aspect of the club - and that’s exactly what we need right now.

I also think he gets us - that this is one of the few clubs in the world where he could get the right about of control and the right amount of backing to fulfill his complete vision

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2023, 11:07:02 AM »
As regards a perfect fit between manager and club, this really does remind me of when Graham Taylor arrived.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2023, 02:44:04 PM »
Aston Villa are criminally underrated?

Underrated; Like a claret and Blue Ringed Octopus !!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal