collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.  (Read 791493 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2023, 10:34:28 AM »
Lo Celso is an Emery man. Think he could be one.

I hope not. One half decent season for Betis five years ago, then bugger all since.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2023, 10:37:44 AM »
I do believe the club would have explored the possibility signings of Asensio, Thuram, Firmino, Dembélé on free transfers. Getting any of these calibre would be great business.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2023, 10:38:39 AM »
I'd take Tammy  There may be someone better out there, but I think Tammy significantly improves us.  I still think Guendouzi is an excellent fit

If Carlos is up to it I really don't think we need to be spending on a centre back.  Mings is awesome and I struggling to understand how people still aren't getting that.

Even if you accept Mings is awesome, that still leaves us light in terms of centre halves who can play the ball.

That is something which Konsa really clearly can not do.
IF Carlos makes the grade then I think Konsa and Chambers as third and fourth choice is pretty damn good for a team not in Europe.  I'd be more than happy with that, but that is subject to Carlos looking fit and excellent before the season ends.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2023, 10:41:11 AM »

I hope not. One half decent season for Betis five years ago, then bugger all since.
Lo Celso does well for Emery and played well for Argentina before his injury.
The kinks suggest its going to be one of Lo Celso, Guendouzi, McKennie for a transfer fee.
And then Ceballos or Oxlade Chamberlin on a free.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2023, 10:42:40 AM »
For the wide forward role (replacing Bailey/Bert in the team) one of Johnson, Bowen or Barnes would be excellent - possibly dependent on which (if any) go down from Forest, West Ham and Leicester. All very good players IMO.
Much as I like all these players, I think we'll be shopping abroad.  The PL player price premium just isn't worth it.

But I think we may well go for an out and out No 9 and Wakins will become the secondary forward, which I think he is well suited to.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2023, 10:45:10 AM »
I'd take Tammy  There may be someone better out there, but I think Tammy significantly improves us.  I still think Guendouzi is an excellent fit

If Carlos is up to it I really don't think we need to be spending on a centre back.  Mings is awesome and I struggling to understand how people still aren't getting that.

Even if you accept Mings is awesome, that still leaves us light in terms of centre halves who can play the ball.

IF Carlos makes the grade then I think Konsa and Chambers as third and fourth choice is pretty damn good for a team not in Europe.  I'd be more than happy with that, but that is subject to Carlos looking fit and excellent before the season ends.
Would you or any take Maguire or Lindelöf who are rumored to be avaliable in the summer. I think they are better ball players than Konsa and Chambers have international and Champions League/European experience. Maybe another prem centre back could be brought in to compete and then perhaps move on Chambers.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2023, 10:46:21 AM »
For the wide forward role (replacing Bailey/Bert in the team) one of Johnson, Bowen or Barnes would be excellent - possibly dependent on which (if any) go down from Forest, West Ham and Leicester. All very good players IMO.
Much as I like all these players, I think we'll be shopping abroad.  The PL player price premium just isn't worth it.

But I think we may well go for an out and out No 9 and Wakins will become the secondary forward, which I think he is well suited to.
Wide forward, winger Villa have to look at Thuram and Asensio on free if persuade them be wonder!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2023, 10:51:31 AM »

The kinks suggest its going to be one of Lo Celso, Guendouzi, McKennie for a transfer fee.

You really got me on this one.

I look out for transfers all of the day and all of the night.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2023, 10:53:31 AM »

Would you or any take Maguire or Lindelöf who are rumored to be avaliable in the summer. I think they are better ball players than Konsa and Chambers have international and Champions League/European experience. Maybe another prem centre back could be brought in to compete and then perhaps move on Chambers.
No I wouldn't take Maguire.  He's probably not as bad as his current comedy image suggests, but he offers nothing above Mings and his wages would be stupid.  And lets face it, if he moved to us it wouldn't be to compete with Chambers.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2023, 11:06:33 AM »
You would have to pay £40m for Maguire and big wages. Forget that. I don't think centre back is a priority anyway.

I think Abraham and Watkins could be a good partnership. Talk is that we could get Abraham for about £35m. I've not seen Jonathan David mentioned who we've been linked with in the past.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2023, 11:11:09 AM »

I think you're exaggerating there, and only watch the transfer thread for as long as you gaze at Waterloo Sunset.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2023, 11:14:42 AM »
Tammy was interviewed for FourFourTwo Magazine this month and said he was on the verge of joining Arsenal before Roma came in last minute.

I think we've moved on from him and vice versa so Emery will go for a european forward who can drift out wide.

That said if West Ham get relegated Bowen will be up for sale and I think he can work well in our system. His goal record is pretty similar to Ollie last few seasons and he dosen't really play CF for West Ham.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2023, 11:15:44 AM »
No. 

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2023, 11:20:10 AM »

I think you're exaggerating there, and only watch the transfer thread for as long as you gaze at Waterloo Sunset.

Lol a

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2023, 11:20:20 AM »
Tammy was interviewed for FourFourTwo Magazine this month and said he was on the verge of joining Arsenal before Roma came in last minute.

I think we've moved on from him and vice versa so Emery will go for a european forward who can drift out wide.

That said if West Ham get relegated Bowen will be up for sale and I think he can work well in our system. His goal record is pretty similar to Ollie last few seasons and he dosen't really play CF for West Ham.

I heard we were considering him when we were considering Danny Ings. Talk was that he wanted ~£200k/week and our wage cap was £120k/week.

Rightly or wrongly, there's a lot of talk about us being in for him. Probably meaningless with how closely we hold our cards to our chest but that doesn't prevent leaks from elsewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal