collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Project B6  (Read 21486 times)

Offline Project B6

Project B6
« on: March 02, 2023, 09:43:52 PM »
Hi Everyone! Some of you may know us already, but we would like to try and reach out to more fans and grow bigger and better! Project B6 is a ‘fan group’ aimed to be an umbrella for all fans to come together under. Formed in 2017 taking over from ‘GET THE HOLTE END BACK’ which had been running for 5 years prior. The aim has always been to bring colour and vibrancy back to the stands. Whether in the form of flags, banners, mosaics and alike.

PB6 is also an associate of THE FSA.

Over the last few months we have been running several surveys, questionnaires and polls for fans to get involved with. The overwhelming view is that the atmosphere at Villa Park is poor and that it needs to change. Fans and the club must do more to ensure that Villa Park becomes a place of vibrancy, noise and excitement. There will soon be a generation who will never know what Villa Park and The Holte End, in particular,  can be like. The next generation could easily slip away and follow the ‘Big Six’, We want to ensure younger fans want to come to The Villa and enjoy it in the process!

The reoccurring themes from fans via the surveys etc. are Displays and flags must be in The Holte as default. The pre match music must be changed and there is a really willingness from fans to help, as will show with the number of volunteers we now have.

The game against Palace on Saturday we are encouraging fans to bring scarves, just like games previously, to get twirling all around the ground. It looked great against Leicester hopefully we can build on that!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 10:27:58 PM by Project B6 »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Project B6
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 09:49:40 PM »
So what is the call to action?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 10:03:00 PM »
I love being lectured.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 10:07:00 PM »
Shit support ma'lord.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 11:36:04 PM »
Well done on the initiative to create a positive atmosphere. As you can see you will have your work cut out as the default of many is 'everything's shit' for some reason.

McGinn in his interview clearly alluded to some of this in reference to playing at Villa Park

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 11:49:48 PM »
Well done on the initiative to create a positive atmosphere. As you can see you will have your work cut out as the default of many is 'everything's shit' for some reason.

McGinn in his interview clearly alluded to some of this in reference to playing at Villa Park

If a player in the Premier League, getting Premier League wages, needs to have a lot of noise to play at his best, he shouldn't be in the Premier League. Good luck to them but all this recent stuff about how bad our supporters are and we have to make lots of noise to be proper fans - no thanks. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:57:15 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 11:53:22 PM »
What are the Meatball quotes? Hope he's not being a bonehead.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 12:19:37 AM »
Bells are ringing remix on the way?

There's a reason we've mainly stuck to escape as the walkout music for nearly 15 years now as the other alternatives really haven't worked although I didn't mind us coming out to Paranoid by Sabbath for a few months. Arcade Fire was also pretty dramatic but that was a long long time ago now.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 12:27:26 AM »
I've no issue with things like the scarf days, balloons, banners and all that malarky but I really don't want singing sections, or Ultras such as they have at Palace or that Wor Flags thing up at this years League Cup Runners Up. It always comes across as contrived to me, but I'm a curmudgeon I suppose and these sort of initiatives do seem to be popular.

As for the atmosphere, as ever, it's dictated by what happens on the pitch. In all my years I can't remember the Holte being as loud as it was than during this seasons Newton Heath game and when Villa Park is rocking there is no place like it. Equally, it can be like a morgue when we are shit, and so it should be. I like the ebb and flow of supporting, from crazed roaring to celebrate a goal to grumpy silence when you're 2-0 down. God forbid we have the constant drone of half hearted singing and the incessant drumming of the like you hear from the Green Brigade at Celtic away games, I mean, I love those old songs but ffs give it a rest now and again.

Remember the roar that went 'round Wembley towards the end of the FA Cup semi against Liverpool? That wasn't planned or organised, it came from the soul of every Villa supporter in the ground inspired by the situation at the time and that's the sort of support I love to hear.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2023, 12:34:37 AM »
Whatever happened to Brigada in the corner of the Holte? Wasn't there some issue with the club and it got disbanded?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2023, 12:42:04 AM »
I've no issue with things like the scarf days, balloons, banners and all that malarky but I really don't want singing sections, or Ultras such as they have at Palace or that Wor Flags thing up at this years League Cup Runners Up. It always comes across as contrived to me, but I'm a curmudgeon I suppose and these sort of initiatives do seem to be popular.

As for the atmosphere, as ever, it's dictated by what happens on the pitch. In all my years I can't remember the Holte being as loud as it was than during this seasons Newton Heath game and when Villa Park is rocking there is no place like it. Equally, it can be like a morgue when we are shit, and so it should be. I like the ebb and flow of supporting, from crazed roaring to celebrate a goal to grumpy silence when you're 2-0 down. God forbid we have the constant drone of half hearted singing and the incessant drumming of the like you hear from the Green Brigade at Celtic away games, I mean, I love those old songs but ffs give it a rest now and again.

Remember the roar that went 'round Wembley towards the end of the FA Cup semi against Liverpool? That wasn't planned or organised, it came from the soul of every Villa supporter in the ground inspired by the situation at the time and that's the sort of support I love to hear.

Completely agree with this. The Holte has been as loud and bouncing on some occasions since coming back up, than ive known in 40 odd years. Man United this year you’ve mentioned, but even Brentford after Gerrard going. Also you can’t create spontaneous moments like against Leicester last season, when for virtually the whole second half the Holte was bouncing to ‘Smeichal is a wan**r’ over and over, very funny.

I have noticed this season as the players come out, the music is turned up to  a ridiculous level, drowning out any singing or roar from the Holte.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2023, 08:45:10 AM »
Whenever sheer noise at Villa Park is mentioned I'm always transported back to the third division game against Bournemouth.  Just prior to George Curtis taking the free-kick from which Andy Lochhead scored there was a crescendo of Villa, Villa, Villa from every corner of the ground.  I think every man, woman and child joined in, we couldn't fail to score.  Barry Davis mentioned it in commentary.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023, 08:50:20 AM »
Has Jay Forsyth been released back into the community. If they ask for money just DON'T.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2023, 09:09:19 AM »
I hate the constant noise build up to kick off. The ground is not allowed to find its voice because of this choreographed assault to the ear drums.
It’s small time and pathetic.

Offline East Anglian Villan

• We go again, and again.......
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2023, 09:12:27 AM »
If anyone comes near me with a drum in the Holte End, they'll be going home wearing it...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal