collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Project B6  (Read 21316 times)

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Project B6
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2023, 10:25:15 AM »
Pre match fans?  I'm definitely not one of those. If I get to my seat and the match hasn't just kicked off I've failed.

Could've squeezed another pint in, opportunity lost

Absolutely that.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2023, 10:49:18 AM »
I hate the constant noise build up to kick off. The ground is not allowed to find its voice because of this choreographed assault to the ear drums.
It’s small time and pathetic.

Its much worse this season, the Holte End is trying to find its voice and is drowned out completely, it completely ruins the build up to k/o.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2023, 11:11:00 AM »
Pre match fans?  I'm definitely not one of those. If I get to my seat and the match hasn't just kicked off I've failed.

I concur, Bren and I used to use the same pub and our respective groups were generally among the last to leave ahead of kick off.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2023, 11:15:51 AM »
We were in the ground at Goodison last week with about 45 minutes to kick off and I didn't know what to do with myself

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2023, 11:18:49 AM »
I hate the constant noise build up to kick off. The ground is not allowed to find its voice because of this choreographed assault to the ear drums.

Agree completely. The PA system should read out the teams, advertise upcoming fixtures, then shut up until half time. I might just about allow a rendition of that video that's soundtracked by Crazy Train about ten minutes before kick off, but nothing else.

I realise I'm an incredibly miserable person.

Online Brend'Watkins

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2023, 11:24:23 AM »

I concur, Bren and I used to use the same pub and our respective groups were generally among the last to leave ahead of kick off.

The last taxi driver we had to the ground said he had bought it and was going to reopen it as a desi pub which would be great if he does.  Let's see.  Anyway, we've honed our timing skills to get our taxi to pick us up about 2.35pm and with the traffic pretty clear by then we can get dropped just underneath the Expressway by about 2.50pm for a short walk up to the Holte.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2023, 11:31:02 AM »

The last taxi driver we had to the ground said he had bought it and was going to reopen it as a desi pub which would be great if he does.  Let's see.  Anyway, we've honed our timing skills to get our taxi to pick us up about 2.35pm and with the traffic pretty clear by then we can get dropped just underneath the Expressway by about 2.50pm for a short walk up to the Holte.

That sounds promising. We’ve been going in the Aston Tavern which is ok and they do a decent pint of Guinness but it doesn’t match Anne’s and her overall hospitality.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2023, 12:31:08 PM »
You lost me at 'Reach out'

I'm fu cked if I ever want hear another celta Vigo bugle at Villa Park

Online Brend'Watkins

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2023, 12:34:40 PM »
I see Arsenal have introduced a drum into their support somewhere in the ground. They do get accused of being a library location but you'd have thought they'd be better than that. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2023, 12:39:30 PM »
I see Arsenal have introduced a drum into their support somewhere in the ground. They do get accused of being a library location but you'd have thought they'd be better than that. 

Whatever you might think, Arsenal won't be better than it.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2023, 12:43:26 PM »

Agree completely. The PA system should read out the teams, advertise upcoming fixtures, then shut up until half time. I might just about allow a rendition of that video that's soundtracked by Crazy Train about ten minutes before kick off, but nothing else.

I realise I'm an incredibly miserable person.

That’s not miserable it’s spot on…

It’s the same theory as Sky have pumped up the volume of the crowd mics this season so the commentators are barely audible at times (l know can be a bonus) but it’s all about creating faux atmospheres.

Bin the music….and let the atmosphere be what it is good or bad.

All for the scarves etc but the only soundtrack should be Villa not some stupid dance track

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2023, 01:03:08 PM »
Pyrotechnics and other flashy lighting displays should also be a no-no, whatever the time of   day or night.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2023, 01:11:48 PM »
I hate all that flags and stage managed display stuff, sorry mate. Fair play to you for getting off your arse and trying to do something though.

It's just not something I associate with Villa or English/British football in general. It is an essential part of the experience in many other places but comes across as forced and amateurish in England

I used to volunteer for the tifo-group of my club when I was younger and I still donate to them every season. It's expensive and obviously highly organized but it's a part of our identity - the club and its supporters - and impossible to imagine it any other way.

Similar thing with drums. Out of place in England but an integral tool elsewhere.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2023, 01:13:41 PM »
I'm going to start a vuvuzela section in LeeB's bit of the North Stand.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2023, 01:20:44 PM »
The grumpiness on here is something else sometimes. Wouldn't have it any other way, of course :-)

I'm definitely not in the "pre-match fan" group. Usually aim to get to my seat around 5mins before kickoff. Think the Project B6 stuff is good, my daughter likes it and I'd have been all over it when I was younger. Think it's probably a good thing, even if it's not my cup of tea now. As others have said, there's a fine line between improving the atmosphere and making it feel very ... corporate?

As for atmosphere, I like Boozey's post a lot and think he hits the nail on the head. Going to take up that 'last one singing' thing on myself on the occasions I go, it's a cracking suggestion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal