collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: GA+ tickets  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Pat Mustard

Re: GA+ tickets
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2023, 04:39:56 PM »
The problem with any relocation is where exactly would a new ground go?  Smithfield is a non-starter - the size of the site isn't that much bigger than where we are now, and building a stadium on it would effectively negate the whole point of the development, which is to link Digbeth and the city centre.  A stadium built there would act as a barrier in pretty much the same way the Wholsesale Markets used to.

Once the North Stand is rebuilt the plans indicate there will be something of a downgrading of Witton Lane, so the road becomes more of a shared space for through traffic.  By that point it probably becomes more feasible to build the stand backwards, so the facilities can be improved.  Purslow said something about the eventual capacity going to 52-53k, whether that can be achieved by re-profiling the Witton Lane stand I don't know but if that is the case there needs to be significantly more room behind the stand for better facilities.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2023, 06:39:19 PM »
All this premium stuff but we haven't finished in the top half of the league for over a decade. Is anyone really interested in premium fluff when you're watching a crap team of millionaires lose?

I’d rather watch us winning standing in a pool of p**s than watch us losing from a padded seat.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »
All this premium stuff but we haven't finished in the top half of the league for over a decade. Is anyone really interested in premium fluff when you're watching a crap team of millionaires lose?

For a lot of Premier League customers the result is the least important part of the day.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2023, 07:33:01 PM »

I’d rather watch us winning standing in a pool of p**s than watch us losing from a padded seat.

What about a padded seat drenched in piss?

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2023, 07:59:37 PM »

What about a padded seat drenched in piss?

I’d ask for a refund!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2023, 11:37:58 AM »
For those that are interested, this is a link to the survey.  You can access it with an ID even if not a ST holder (but I presume they will only count responses from valid HE ST holders)

To be honest, given this is specifically in respect of the Holte, I find the direction of travel indicated by some of the questions quite disturbing.

https://survey2.yougov.com/vmb8CMtM3dP2Ss

And for those who want to see the questions:
Question 1
When thinking about your season ticket and towards potentially renewing for the upcoming season, how strongly do you agree or disagree with each of these statements?
    Strongly Agree   Agree   Neither Agree nor Disagree   Disagree   Strongly Disagree
I enjoy attending matches this season               
Watching the team play next season in person is important to me               
The cost of the season ticket fits within my budget               
I have formed personal connections with other fans               
I have had memorable moments with the team and its performance this season               
The team's performance has improved recently and I am excited to see them play next season               
I have a flexible schedule and will always be able to make the majority of the games               
I am not able to attend many games               
I am not getting value for my money out of my season ticket               
The experience at the games has been less enjoyable due to poor stadium facilities               
I have other priorities and spending my money on other things is more important to me

Q2
When, if at all, do you use the following areas on a matchday at Villa Park? Please select all that apply. Please select all that apply.
    Pre-match   Half-time   Post-match   I do not generally use this area   Not aware of this area
Holte Pub               
Trinity Fan Zone               
Fun Zone (Academy building)               
Holte Suite               
Ramsey’s bar               

Q3
You may have noticed that we have been making some changes in the Lower Holte End to improve the facilities and product offerings available to you.
Which of the following have you used since being introduced in December 2022. Please select all that apply.
    Have used this facility   Aware of this facility but haven’t used it   Unaware of this facility
Self-serve kiosk (Immediate collection)         
Self-serve kiosk (advanced order i.e. half-time drink)         
Drink Command (Pour your own pint)         
Frictionless Kiosk (Tap + Go Holte Bar)      

Q4
How would you rate the following aspects of your matchday experience?
    Very poor   Poor   Average   Good   Excellent   Don’t know/ Haven’t used
Quality of food concessions                  
Service at food concessions                  
Quality of drinks                  
Service of drinks                  
Quality of connectivity/technology                  
Ease of access to your seat                  
Ease of access to Food & Beverage at half time                  
Cleanliness of environment                  
Atmosphere                  
Position of seat                  
Pre-match entertainment                  
Post-match entertainment

Q5
We would like to get your thoughts on the concept of a new enhanced general admission experience (GA+). If introduced in certain, limited areas, it would provide access to a more social concourse, enhanced food & drink facilities, unique experiences/entertainment and more.

To what extent are you interested in a different/unique experience, in general on a matchday at Villa Park, whether it is more premium, informal, corporate etc.? <1-5 = interested to not interested>

Q6
How interested would you be in finding out more about the GA+ ticket concept?  <1-5 = interested to not interested>

Q7
How likely would you be to purchase this type of ticket if it was available?
    Not at all likely   Not Likely   Neither Likely nor Unlikely   Likely   Very Likely
As part of a seasonal package               
On a match-by-match basis as an upgrade to my ticket

Q8
Which of the following short summaries best describes what you want from a matchday at Villa Park?

Close to the action, quick in and out of the stadium

Social bar area, good food & drink options and a good view

Family environment, food options and entertainment

Luxury food and drink, exclusive seats, matchday entertainment

None of these

Don’t know

Q9
How important are the following with regards to your current seat?
    Not important at all   Unimportant   Neither important nor unimportant   Important   Very important
A central view of the game               
Being close to friends, family, the other fans you have always sat with               
Being able to quickly access the concourse area

Q10
How strongly do you support or oppose the implementation of the following?
    Strongly oppose   Oppose   Neither support nor oppose   Support   Strongly support
Safe standing (rail seating) where your current seat is               
Safe standing (rail seating) elsewhere in the stadium               
Concourse seating in the stadium   

Q11
Would you move your current season ticket to a location with safe standing?

Yes, I would move my current season ticket to a location with safe standing

No, I would not move my current season ticket to a location with safe standing

Maybe, it would depend on the location and amenities offered

Q12   
If concourse seating was introduced, which of the following would be your preference?

Fine dining experience with a private table for you and your guests

Casual, unreserved seating with a sports bar look and feel (e.g. Fixed benches, stools or tiered steps)

Relaxed, informal restaurant experience.

Private booths that could be reserved         

Q13
Which, if any, of the following activities do you do at halftime? Please select all that apply.

Watch the halftime show or entertainment

Meet up with friends or family

Check social media or the internet

Get food or drinks from the concourse

Use the toilet facilities

Place bets on the match or other sports

Q14
Which, if any, of the following activities would you like to do at half time but are currently unlikely/unable to do due to availability, connectivity or congestion in the concourse? Please select all that apply.

Watch the halftime show or entertainment

Use the toilet facilities

Check social media or the internet

Place bets on the match or other sports

Meet up with friends or family

Get food or drinks from the concourse

Q14
If the concourse were to remain open after the match, how likely would you be to use this space?
    Not at all likely   Not Likely   Neither Likely nor Unlikely   Likely   Very Likely
Weekday evening fixture               
Weekend fixture

Q15
Which of the following food options would you like to see more of at the Holte End? Please select up to 3.

Street-food, independent local vendors

Buffet food

Light hand-held food

Three-course à la carte

Five course fine dining experience

Premium bar food

Q16
How interested would you be in pre-ordering/purchasing a food or drink package as an add-on either with your season ticket or for individual matches?
    Not at all interested   Uninterested   Neither interested nor uninterested   Interested   Extremely Interested
With your season ticket               
For individual matches               

Q17
How important would the following be if you were to purchase a GA+ ticket with additional extras included?
    Not important at all   Unimportant   Neither important nor unimportant   Important   Very important
Family friendly atmosphere               
Live entertainment (music/DJ)               
Access to premium bar and premium concourse pre-match, during and post-match               
Prime location seat               
Complimentary food               
Walk through access to your seat               
Welcome drink on arrival               
Complimentary drink at halftime               
Complimentary match day programme               
Complimentary digital programme               
VillaTV streamed in the concourse               
Visits from Club legends               
Concourse seating               
Wi-fi access

Q18
Considering the enhancement suggestions described in the previous questions, how likely would you be to purchase a GA+ type of ticket if it was available?
As part of a seasonal package               
On a match-by-match basis as an upgrade to my ticket

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2023, 11:56:22 AM »
I wouldn't read too much into a lot of the questions on the survey - they will already know what answers they are going to get, it seems to me they are just using it as a justification to try to squeeze more money out of the likes of the Holte Suite and 1874 Lounge.  Instead of them being walk-up or free facilities they will be added to the cost of a seat (so an extra £30 quid or so for a programme, curry/buffet and a 'free' drink).  A lot of people already use them so would probably be inclined to pay a few quid extra for a guaranteed seat, Q&A with an ex-player etc. on top.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2023, 12:15:29 PM »
I think it’s just a full range of questions the ‘5 course fine dining experience’ for example is a virtual piss take. You don’t get that in Trinity hospitality so I can’t imagine they are seriously considering it for The Holte.

I think it’s just part of identifying who the Holte customer is for the survey purposes, even though they already know.

That said, I can see some of the other add one being there as a choice. I can’t see enforcement of some kind of food and drinks package as part of a ST, so as long as offering a service to some, doesn’t make everyone else’s experience worse, I’m not bothered.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2023, 12:28:27 PM »
I think it’s just a full range of questions the ‘5 course fine dining experience’ for example is a virtual piss take. You don’t get that in Trinity hospitality so I can’t imagine they are seriously considering it for The Holte.

That is what you get in all of the Trinity restaurants. The lounges are a bit more informal.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2023, 12:45:03 PM »

I think it’s just part of identifying who the Holte customer is for the survey purposes, even though they already know.

That said, I can see some of the other add one being there as a choice. I can’t see enforcement of some kind of food and drinks package as part of a ST, so as long as offering a service to some, doesn’t make everyone else’s experience worse, I’m not bothered.
Depends if it's linked to a block of 'premium' seats Amfy.  Or if it takes budget and space away from upgrading the facilities in the stand as a whole.  In those cases I would be.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2023, 12:49:21 PM »
Can you get a kebab at Villa Park? I haven't been a for a few years and just wondered.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2023, 12:59:19 PM »
Most of the big new grounds have a 'premium' offering in at least three of the four stands, and I'm sure Villa would love to do the same. However, those are all new grounds that have been designed for such a purpose, when we've just got four traditional, stand alone stands that were mostly built with nothing other than being as cheap as possible in mind. When the club struggle to even do anything as simple as letting somebody in the Upper Trinity buy a drink at half time, it's difficult to see how they'd accommodate an improved offering in the space we currently have.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2023, 01:15:22 PM »

That is what you get in all of the Trinity restaurants. The lounges are a bit more informal.

None of the ones I’ve gone in have had more than 3 courses, and that’s at about £200 a game - a 5 course dining experience just isn’t going to be a Holte End thing.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2023, 01:21:00 PM »
I was going to mention Question 2. Where's Ramsey's Bar? I've never heard of it.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2023, 01:26:52 PM »
Most of the big new grounds have a 'premium' offering in at least three of the four stands, and I'm sure Villa would love to do the same. However, those are all new grounds that have been designed for such a purpose, when we've just got four traditional, stand alone stands that were mostly built with nothing other than being as cheap as possible in mind. When the club struggle to even do anything as simple as letting somebody in the Upper Trinity buy a drink at half time, it's difficult to see how they'd accommodate an improved offering in the space we currently have.

The new North Stand is just the start in upgrading the whole ground.  When it's built the hospitality offering in there will no doubt be up to the standards of the most modern new-builds.  As part of the development they are also revamping the Trinity Road stand and extending it at the back where it will wrap around to the new stand, so fingers crossed they will be able to improve things within this additional space.

In the Holte End, the Holte Suite is okay but  under-utilises the space that is available - the current reception area, for instance, could easily be a better and bigger bar.  The main bar could accommodate much more seating in a bench/box park style layout instead of the current tables, and if they wanted to seriously increase floor space there is probably room to put in an extra floor over the main room.  The Holte Pub is also massively under-utilised - currently they are probably only using about a third to half of the space in the building.

The big problem as always is Witton Lane - there a vague allusions to increasing the capacity on this side, but for anything to work they need to build out the back of the stand by at least 5-10 metres.  It might be possible with the road realignment that will be part of the North Stand development, but they haven't given any indication yet of what might be possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal