collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by darren woolley
[Today at 02:38:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:36:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:28:50 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by darren woolley
[Today at 02:38:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:36:56 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 02:21:16 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:17:45 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:11:12 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Toronto Villa
[Today at 02:01:34 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:43 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: GA+ tickets  (Read 4138 times)

Offline cdward

Re: GA+ tickets
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2023, 02:33:54 PM »
What's GA+?
Just Googled it and it came up with this..
https://lasvegas.electricdaisycarnival.com/tickets/ga-plus/

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2023, 02:36:47 PM »
I know I'm pretty well in a minority of one when it comes to this but I'd have knocked the whole thing down and rebuilt something decent elsewhere.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2023, 02:56:07 PM »
I know I'm pretty well in a minority of one when it comes to this but I'd have knocked the whole thing down and rebuilt something decent elsewhere.
I don't think Everton fans will regret their move, a fantastic stadium right on the Mersey and right next to the City centre - it will be fantastic.  However, for us it would invariably have meant the NEC and I can't think of anything more souless than a modern bowl on the M42.

Offline Risso

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2023, 03:21:39 PM »
I don't think Everton fans will regret their move, a fantastic stadium right on the Mersey and right next to the City centre - it will be fantastic.  However, for us it would invariably have meant the NEC and I can't think of anything more souless than a modern bowl on the M42.

It didn't have to be the NEC. For years Everton were talking about something just off the M57 and East Lancs in Kirkby, before finding somewhere just out of the city centre on the banks of the Mersey. If they can do that, constrained as they are by what is effectively the sea, why couldn't Villa? Even when the new North Stand is built, the Witton will still be a cheaply built, dated, cramped piece of shit, and the facilities in the Trinity and Holte will still mostly be poor. All of the usual problems of traffic and access, will if anything be worse.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2023, 03:32:49 PM »

I bet they will, when they're languishing in the Championship without a pot to piss in.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2023, 03:33:10 PM »
For old fuddie duddies I think we like the traditional part of the game, but with a younger generation with children it's changed over the years, like the local pubs it's more family orientated with a few exceptions, Herbert's Yard in Longbridge, too me is overpriced especially the food, but I was surprised how full it is especially weekends, well organised and plenty of comfortable seating,

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2023, 03:35:21 PM »

It didn't have to be the NEC. For years Everton were talking about something just off the M57 and East Lancs in Kirkby, before finding somewhere just out of the city centre on the banks of the Mersey. If they can do that, constrained as they are by what is effectively the sea, why couldn't Villa? Even when the new North Stand is built, the Witton will still be a cheaply built, dated, cramped piece of shit, and the facilities in the Trinity and Holte will still mostly be poor. All of the usual problems of traffic and access, will if anything be worse.
It may be sacrilege to say it's time to move, but equally cobbling together improvements here and there and hope it all works would be short-sighted.

If there is a will (and money obviously), proper renewal can be achieved, either on site or somewhere else, whilst maintaining and enhancing  the club's heritage as well.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2023, 03:39:17 PM »

Maybe replacing/upgrading the Witton Lane stand after the North Stand is a plan they are looking at. Do that and I don’t see an issue with where we are. Aren’t the club looking at both Aston and Witton stations with a view to upgrading. I’m sure I’ve heard the club are speaking with West Midlands Railways with regards extra trains as per of the planning for the new North stand.
I don’t think I’ve been anywhere where travelling by car is easy for a game and some are a lot worse than ours. It’s easier than any ground for away fans to leave by coach and as long as the trains get sorted I don’t see an issue.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2023, 04:11:07 PM »
I would have loved Smithfield, can’t really think of anywhere else except maybe the Gun Quarter, which is still more or less Aston.

I think there are good things about where we are though. The setting near the park and church is beautiful, there are two railway stations and basically the best motorway connection you could wish for within minutes of the ground.

I think if we bought local housing in an ethical manner (unlike Liverpool obvs), we could do everything we want on the current site - big new Witton Lane stand and rail seating in the Holte. That would take us to about 65k maybe?

Does anybody know how we compare in terms of acreage to other grounds we would aspire to be like?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 04:15:14 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2023, 04:24:11 PM »
I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to register comments. I don't want them to gentrify the upper Holte, I want them to get the basics right.

Using the toilet, attempting to buy food or drink, is abysmal. The service, the quality, the availability are all lamentable. I have no desire to see the current supporters in the Holte diluted by the sort of folk who would want some of the possible answers to the questions.

Get the basics right, put rail seat in the lower Holte if you like, bring us out the 3rd world and make WiFi possible, allow us to buy food/drink more easily. That's what is needed, not an excuse to try and charge me more for less.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: GA+ tickets / Holte End fan survey
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2023, 04:29:39 PM »
I think the plan is for rail seating in the upper and they are exploring premium / hospitality areas in the lower.  Maybe so the premium ruperts can get the 'real fan' experience whilst still enjoying comfy seats and a nice buffet at half time. 

I like to think the survey response will have given them pause for thought.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 11:44:31 AM by chrisw1 »

Offline Risso

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2023, 04:30:34 PM »
I would have loved Smithfield, can’t really think of anywhere else except maybe the Gun Quarter, which is still more or less Aston.

I think there are good things about where we are though. The setting near the park and church is beautiful, there are two railway stations and basically the best motorway connection you could wish for within minutes of the ground.

I think if we bought local housing in an ethical manner (unlike Liverpool obvs), we could do everything we want on the current site - big new Witton Lane stand and rail seating in the Holte. That would take us to about 65k maybe?

Does anybody know how we compare in terms of acreage to other grounds we would aspire to be like?

We're in the middle of a residential area so space is at a premium. Man City seemed to have acres and acres of free land outside, they could build another four grounds if the wanted to. But then the ground is an area specifically targeted when they got the Commonwealth games because there wasn't much there. Brum didn't seem to get anywhere near as good a deal.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2023, 04:37:18 PM »

We're in the middle of a residential area so space is at a premium. Man City seemed to have acres and acres of free land outside, they could build another four grounds if the wanted to. But then the ground is an area specifically targeted when they got the Commonwealth games because there wasn't much there. Brum didn't seem to get anywhere near as good a deal.

Par for the course there then.

Again, I can only think of the Gun Quarter where there might be enough unused space. (I’m ruling out the NEC).

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2023, 04:37:42 PM »
All this premium stuff but we haven't finished in the top half of the league for over a decade. Is anyone really interested in premium fluff when you're watching a crap team of millionaires lose?

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2023, 04:38:34 PM »

Once the Trinity was desecrated I’ve felt the same, there’s history in the site but not in the buildings that make up the stadium…& I am a traditionalist on most things

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal