collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rory
[Today at 02:36:36 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread  (Read 27890 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 06, 2023, 11:34:51 AM »
Mings totally at fault in my view.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2023, 11:36:48 AM »
Yep, poor clearance and then went walk about.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2023, 11:44:57 AM »

Digne was playing statues

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2023, 11:49:54 AM »

I wasn't looking to pin blame just highlighting the sharp play of the Leicester lad, but look at all of the other defenders that are between Mings and the crosser doing absolutely fuck all. It seems once again Mings is getting the blame for being the only the only one actually trying to defend

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2023, 12:04:38 PM »
That Watkins effort when he had an open goal wasn't that easy; the keeper got a hand to the cross and changed the trajectory of the ball.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2023, 12:10:00 PM »

I wasn't looking to pin blame just highlighting the sharp play of the Leicester lad, but look at all of the other defenders that are between Mings and the crosser doing absolutely fuck all. It seems once again Mings is getting the blame for being the only the only one actually trying to defend
noticed that  a lot concerning the crossing of the ball for other football teams,main objective is to stop it happening and agree with it's all mings fault again

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2023, 12:15:37 PM »
Just watched it again, Mings was marking Ineacho, clears the ball, Ineacho walks to the far post spot whilst Mings is ball watching and gets a free header.
At no point does he look at ,let alone try to mark the guy he is marking.
Its Mings fault.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2023, 12:21:28 PM »

Watch it back again mate, I'd say Mings and Digne are equally at fault. Mings first of all for clearing it out straight to their player, but also for then not marking anybdoy whatsoever as the ball came back in. Digne wanders off to mark a player (Castagne) who Buendia is already tracking, and both Mings and Digne both leave Iheanacho and Martins completely unmarked. Digne should have left Castagne to Buendia, and dropped back to mark Martins, leaving Ihenacho to Mings. Both Mings and Digne stood there doing absolutely knack all though.

After Kamara loses the ball again for their third, Mings completely fails to notice Tete running in behind him, and we end up with one of his trademark last minute slides to try to prevent a certain goal, when better positioning to start with is what was needed.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2023, 12:25:42 PM »
Mings, Konza, Luiz are just not good enough if we are going to challenge for european football next season, hopefully next we will have far better in those positions and they will be on the subs bench.

We need far more quality through the middle of the team

Supposedly Mings was signing for Wolves for £30 million until the Carlos injury scuppered those plans, Mr. Gerrard very nearly got him out of the club.
I can't believe we still have fans who think Luiz is rubbish.  He's one of our best players and certainly good enough for where we are at the moment.  There's 9 other positions that need improving before him.
That is spot on. Particularly in defence and a quality striker is a must. Luiz is the least of our problems

Offline LeeB

« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2023, 12:51:10 PM »

Watch it back again mate, I'd say Mings and Digne are equally at fault. Mings first of all for clearing it out straight to their player, but also for then not marking anybdoy whatsoever as the ball came back in. Digne wanders off to mark a player (Castagne) who Buendia is already tracking, and both Mings and Digne both leave Iheanacho and Martins completely unmarked. Digne should have left Castagne to Buendia, and dropped back to mark Martins, leaving Ihenacho to Mings. Both Mings and Digne stood there doing absolutely knack all though.

After Kamara loses the ball again for their third, Mings completely fails to notice Tete running in behind him, and we end up with one of his trademark last minute slides to try to prevent a certain goal, when better positioning to start with is what was needed.

I've looked again, he stretches to clear first time, then checks over his shoulder when the ball goes back out wide and and the guy was offside, but then moved back onside.

Have a look at Konsa doing an invisible man act in front of him though.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2023, 03:29:44 PM »

Harsh to blame Mings for the third to be honest. No pressure on the pass and with our high line that's a recipe for disaster. I'd actually question Martinez starting position. He made it easy for Tete. It was brilliant all round from Tete to be fair. He was outstanding.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2023, 04:04:23 PM »
If Martinez thinks it's a good idea to pass the ball out to a guy with his back to 3 opposition players at the edge of our box then I'd rather he went back to basics and hoofed it down the pitch.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2023, 06:01:26 PM »
Just watched it again, Mings was marking Ineacho, clears the ball, Ineacho walks to the far post spot whilst Mings is ball watching and gets a free header.
Its Mings fault.
I totally agree, I was thinking the same at the time, Mings should know where his man is in that situation

Offline LeeB

« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2023, 06:22:23 PM »
Its Mings fault.
I totally agree, I was thinking the same at the time, Mings should know where his man is in that situation

Yes he does, clear as day, but when he does Iheanacho is a few yards offside

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #359 on: February 06, 2023, 07:41:34 PM »
If Martinez thinks it's a good idea to pass the ball out to a guy with his back to 3 opposition players at the edge of our box then I'd rather he went back to basics and hoofed it down the pitch.
It doesn't even need to be a hoof. If there are two or three Leicester players closing Kamara down then there must be at least one player unmarked. Usually in the wide midfield areas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal