collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-1 Newton Heath post match pint, pie and chips  (Read 31030 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Aston Villa 3-1 Newton Heath post match pint, pie and chips
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2022, 04:10:41 PM »
VAR has just chalked off our 3rd and awarded Man Utd a penalty.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:01 PM »
We passed the ball around, we scored some goals.. it was brilliant.

Unai is the truth. Our shape and confidence with the ball today after only a couple days of training has me astounded.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:10 PM »
Brilliant performance - absolutely excellent everything about it.

Thought in the first half we did so a good jump attacking wise. 

I think Luiz, now its not playing as the sole Defensive midfielder looks excellent.  Was brilliant see Ramsey and SJM in play further forward - suits there skill so much better.  Bailey was excellent - and Luca Digne - today was the first time I saw him and thought - shit, this guy is much better than Matt Targett.

Great start to a new period in our history - and so sweet to finally beat them at Villa Park.

I was so impressed with the second half, for me that showed the difference between Unai and some of our previous managers - we managed the game beautifully in the second half.   

I thought it was Ramsey's best game of the season - and he is probably our best finisher in that kind of position!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:36 PM »
Ace.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:41 PM »
I'm nowhere near tactically intelligent enough to explain why but Jacob Ramsey had so much space whenever we attacked and that has to have come from the manager.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:51 PM »
At the time I did not fully appreciated Watkins performance for our first goal.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2022, 04:12:37 PM »
That was shockingly good. Shocking. The contrast with last week, with the last thousand weeks, is mental.

That's what a proper manager can do with this squad, we have so much talent going forward it's a fucking disgrace how poor we looked in attack under the scouse bellend.

Just need a top class CF imo. Ollie was decent today but he just dosen't have the awareness you need to keep top quality attacks going. A Vardy and Giroud upfront in this team from a few years back and we'd be looking really good going forward.

Ings has a bit more guile but can't really run much.

Very exciting how we used Ramsey today, he's going to flourish under Emery.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2022, 04:12:38 PM »
erection

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2022, 04:12:53 PM »
Fucking awesome. Just spent the last 45 minutes in a car with a very silent (previously gobby as fuck) Man U fan.

Bwahahahahaha

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2022, 04:12:58 PM »
That last 20 minutes was really good, it's been a very long time since I've seen us play so comfortably while leading against a team from the top 6.  We knocked it about, the players who came on all got up to speed quickly, some lovely touches, even from Sanson on his first minutes of the season. Genuinely suprised how much better we looked after only a few days training...

Really excited to see what Unai can do with a solid month of coaching for the players not at the World Cup (which is going to be most of them at this rate?).

Brilliant result, and an really good performance.  More of the same in the cup game please!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2022, 04:14:05 PM »
On our way to being a proper football club, respected again?  I truly hope so.  Cracking win Villa.  Well done Unai.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2022, 04:14:13 PM »
I'm naked and I'm going to have to go outside to celebrate.
cool down that ass

Offline supertom

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2022, 04:14:16 PM »
That has been a long bloody time coming against those shithouses. 27 years of perpetual misery playing them at Villa park, with so many nearly moments, or games where they've been gifted penalties or the ref has given them the rub. Thankfully today, no such problems, aside from their Martinez persistently fouling from start to finish and us getting maybe two freekicks from it.

Well organised. Everyone was on it. I worried for this game. Partly because it's Utd. But also because they have been in form too.

Excellent game. Everyone was on it. I really hope Bailey finds consistency because when he's good, he's very good. Dendoncker was very good today. The system worked, we looked good going forward. MIDFIELDERS attacking the box. It's so simple. So often we've had no one making runs in the box beyond the striker. We looked threatening on every counter today. Very good.

Bailey playing as a second striker seemed to work very well too. The system seemed to flit between 4-2-3-1 and Emery's 4-2-2-2. It worked well.

Mings and Konsa were superb. Emi was at his best again. Cash excellent. Digne likewise. Ollie worked very hard as per. Emi2 was lively.

Most pleasing for me was JJ. Superb today. Best he's played all season. The one thing Gerrard did well in his time was, initially at least, kick JJ's game up a level. Ultimately his influence became stifling and negative by the end and he almost went and took Ramsey down a few notches. But that was like the JJ of 12 months back. Brilliant. We really need him on form too.

Proof if ever it was needed, that we have good players here, who need to be motivated and properly organised. Yes, they've let themselves and us down, but I'm hopefully Emery will keep their performance levels up. Good to see Sanson back too, with a bit of positive play in his brief cameo.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2022, 04:14:53 PM »
That last 20 minutes was really good, it's been a very long time since I've seen us play so comfortably while leading against a team from the top 6.  We knocked it about, the players who came on all got up to speed quickly, some lovely touches, even from Sanson on his first minutes of the season. Genuinely suprised how much better we looked after only a few days training...

Really excited to see what Unai can do with a solid month of coaching for the players not at the World Cup (which is going to be most of them at this rate?).

Brilliant result, and an really good performance.  More of the same in the cup game please!

We also weren't horrendously time wasting, but were still happy to have a go when we had the ball. Happy days!

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
Brilliant from all the players and of course Unai.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal