collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:29:15 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 09:23:16 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:13:21 PM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeeB
[Today at 09:10:31 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:09:41 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by FatSam
[Today at 08:58:23 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 08:50:37 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by Rotterdam
[Today at 08:42:17 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:29:15 PM]

[Today at 09:25:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 09:25:11 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 09:23:16 PM]

[Today at 09:23:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 09:20:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 09:17:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:17:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399641 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #2475 on: January 26, 2023, 02:30:58 PM »
It looks very much like that the Duran signing was nothing to do with Emery, which a) worries me a little bit and b) probably means he's not going to be getting many minutes any time soon

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2476 on: January 26, 2023, 02:34:19 PM »
Neil Taylor was more than adequate for the Championship at the time
We'll have to disagree there.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #2477 on: January 26, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »
It looks very much like that the Duran signing was nothing to do with Emery, which a) worries me a little bit and b) probably means he's not going to be getting many minutes any time soon

I suspect lots of 18/19 year old signings have less input from the manager than those ready for the first team though

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2478 on: January 26, 2023, 02:43:22 PM »

I'm not sure that's something of concern - I wouldn't be expecting him to be watching MLS matches on the off-chance that his new perfect signing was going to be there.

He won't have had anything to do with signing people like Jackson and Chukwueze at a similar age for Villareal but still turned them into good players.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 02:46:35 PM by Dave »

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #2479 on: January 26, 2023, 02:43:40 PM »
Mikel Antonio speculating on his Football Football Show how he might be nearing the end of his time at West Ham...if one of our players had his own podcast and let the listeners in on insider thoughts/information, how would you feel about it?

He's already spoken about how crap WHam have been this year and now this....I doubt the club's press office are too happy about it.

With Ings getting injured I don't think he'll be allowed to go now - he'd upgrade our attack though. I think what he's done though is tantamount to insider dealing and is well off.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2480 on: January 26, 2023, 02:49:20 PM »

I'm not sure that's something of concern - I wouldn't be expecting him to be watching MLS matches on the off-chance that his new perfect signing was going to be there.

He won't have had anything to do with signing people like Jackson and Chukwueze at a similar age for Villareal but still turned them into good players.

Spot on. At the fee and the age, its the type I would be expecting a good director of football to be bringing in and a top coach being delighted to have them in the long term.

Chukwueze would still have been my guess at the one he wanted to bring from Villareal.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2481 on: January 26, 2023, 03:07:39 PM »
Mikel Antonio speculating on his Football Football Show how he might be nearing the end of his time at West Ham...if one of our players had his own podcast and let the listeners in on insider thoughts/information, how would you feel about it?

He's already spoken about how crap WHam have been this year and now this....I doubt the club's press office are too happy about it.

Its quite nice refreshing honesty.

Makes a change from the same old PR crafted garbage that uses a lot of words to say the grand total of fuck all...

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #2482 on: January 26, 2023, 03:09:54 PM »
Where's Bree gone to? Fair play to him, I thought he'd have a better chance of getting a role in Emmerdale with his Barnsley accent than becoming a PL player.

Southampton
They are getting ready for their promotion push next year by the looks of it.
Replaceing Kyle Walker Peters?

Or hopefully sending Livramento our way when he is back fit...

Offline Risso

« Reply #2483 on: January 26, 2023, 03:11:46 PM »

It wasn't concern that he didn't have much to with it as such, more to do with the people who did.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2484 on: January 26, 2023, 03:17:57 PM »

It wasn't concern that he didn't have much to with it as such, more to do with the people who did.

I think that's unfair. The people that deal with signing younger players who aren't ready to go straight into the first team squad have signed; Iroegbunam, Feeney, Wilson, Smith, Bogarde and a few others who all COULD make it or at least bring in a fair bit of money to the club. Where we, like almost every club in the league, have beena  bit hit and miss is with signings to come in and improve us immediately, but those are the signings where the manager at the time will have been a lot more involved.

Offline Risso

« Reply #2485 on: January 26, 2023, 03:29:19 PM »

I think that's unfair. The people that deal with signing younger players who aren't ready to go straight into the first team squad have signed; Iroegbunam, Feeney, Wilson, Smith, Bogarde and a few others who all COULD make it or at least bring in a fair bit of money to the club. Where we, like almost every club in the league, have beena  bit hit and miss is with signings to come in and improve us immediately, but those are the signings where the manager at the time will have been a lot more involved.

He's not a 16 year bought to go straight into the academy though. He's been bought for big money, with a full OS splash, and all the effort of the JPA video etc. I just think there might be a bit of a disconnect between the likes of Lange thinking he's more ready than Emery does.

But anyway, if we could just buy a sodding player, we wouldn't need to be having these random chats about fuck all!!!!!111111 ;)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #2486 on: January 26, 2023, 03:59:11 PM »

Quite like to see some of them involved…esp K Young, Brad Young…in fact a team of Young uns

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2487 on: January 26, 2023, 04:32:33 PM »
Must admit I am very surprised Villa didn't have a signing ready to announce on Mon/Tues to replace Ings. It now seems obvious that we are doing our business after the event. Very odd..

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #2488 on: January 26, 2023, 04:40:50 PM »

Quite like to see some of them involved…esp K Young, Brad Young…in fact a team of Young uns

Brad Young is shit. He's like a pound shop Agbonlahor. In my humble opinion. A kid who has discovered that when you play proper mens football, you need more than just being a straight line pace merchant. I am sure he is a lovely person though.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #2489 on: January 26, 2023, 04:41:42 PM »
Must admit I am very surprised Villa didn't have a signing ready to announce on Mon/Tues to replace Ings. It now seems obvious that we are doing our business after the event. Very odd..

Classic Villa. Expect a Heskey / Tom Carroll type signing on deadline day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal