collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399581 times)

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #1500 on: January 12, 2023, 08:13:18 PM »
I don’t think footy has worked out the principles of made up clickbait shite yet.

Indeed he hasn't. All Alan Hutton actually said was "“He is still a great player he just needs to get back to doing what he does best and playing regularly. I think if that was to come up in the summer I do not see why it would not be a good fit." Which is no different at all to anybody on here suggesting a random player might be a good idea. Literally all that happened with Maguire was that he was seen in the area. Lots of idiots then bet (and lost) money on him signing.

The whole betting odds thing was very strange.
Isnt the point that it is not strange. Its just that there are so few bets on it that it only takes a few to dramatically shift the odds one way or the other.
But then those people must have known something to bet on it.
No - they saw him in Birmingham, and had a cheeky wager, as they had nothing to lose. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1501 on: January 12, 2023, 08:31:16 PM »

Jesus, is that how you think the gambling industry works?!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1502 on: January 12, 2023, 08:37:42 PM »

No.
But when it comes to the betting on Harry Maguire to move to aston villa and numbers of people wagering so much that odds drastically alter, then yes there could well have been some who seemed they knew something.  Or thought they did!

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1503 on: January 12, 2023, 08:55:11 PM »

No.
But when it comes to the betting on Harry Maguire to move to aston villa and numbers of people wagering so much that odds drastically alter, then yes there could well have been some who seemed they knew something.  Or thought they did!

Thats. A. Bingo!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:58:23 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1504 on: January 12, 2023, 09:02:35 PM »

No.

It's such a small market that if ten people who saw a Football Insider tweet about and thought they'd all stick £20 on it because they'd decided that these people must know what they were talking about, it would shift the odds. These are your people who "thought they knew something".

Other people then see the change in odds and think that something must be happening and breathlessly post about it on message boards because such a change in odds means that somebody must know something.

It's a tedious cycle of people who think that they know how things work, but who don't.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1505 on: January 12, 2023, 09:04:20 PM »
According to Dan Bardell on the Villa View podcast, he reckons that we are trying to sign Arnaut Danjuma from Villareal although Everton are also interested in him.

Did Dan happen to mention he's been on Sky Sports.?

Only once or ten times! Still he appears to be doing quite well for himself.

You think he's being paid for it?

Probably helps him get paid work somewhere....actually, how does he earn his corn?

As eamonn indicated he’s getting paid for his podcast/ YouTube work and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a modest fee from Sky but it could open future doors. Either way from where he and the Villa View started he’s doing well.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1506 on: January 12, 2023, 09:06:47 PM »
What i would like to see us do is bring in some really good players and sell on some really bad ones
that would be nice

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1507 on: January 12, 2023, 09:16:46 PM »

No.

It's such a small market that if ten people who saw a Football Insider tweet about and thought they'd all stick £20 on it because they'd decided that these people must know what they were talking about, it would shift the odds. These are your people who "thought they knew something".

Other people then see the change in odds and think that something must be happening and breathlessly post about it on message boards because such a change in odds means that somebody must know something.

It's a tedious cycle of people who think that they know how things work, but who don't.

Makes some sense, I guess.
But generally it would be the case when a player transfers between clubs, the odds either drastically change over night or they are suspended once word gets out.
It appears that we asked Maguire about his availability.
Guess those present at the resturatnst establishment, the photo picture, and the shifting odds led some to believe it was more than just a rumour.

It remains to be seen how much Hutton knows about Maguire comimg to Villa in the summer, but maybe something has been decided upon already this window, and that would tie up the loose ends of why Maguire was where he was!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:20:06 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1508 on: January 12, 2023, 09:20:01 PM »
According to Dan Bardell on the Villa View podcast, he reckons that we are trying to sign Arnaut Danjuma from Villareal although Everton are also interested in him.

Probably helps him get paid work somewhere....actually, how does he earn his corn?

As eamonn indicated he’s getting paid for his podcast/ YouTube work and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a modest fee from Sky but it could open future doors. Either way from where he and the Villa View started he’s doing well.

He must be getting paid by Sky. It's a national broadcaster, not a bedroom podcast.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1509 on: January 12, 2023, 09:24:56 PM »
It appears that we asked Maguire about his availability.

Why does it appear we asked?

Seriously, there's nothing at all to suggest that.

The guy went to play golf at one of the best courses in the country and then went for food with his mates, and then went home.

That's it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1510 on: January 12, 2023, 09:53:37 PM »

He must be getting paid by Sky. It's a national broadcaster, not a bedroom podcast.

So are the BBC but I did more work for them unpaid than paid. As a general rule, before I was Yesterday's Man, if you had to leave the house you got paid.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 10:02:12 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1511 on: January 12, 2023, 09:56:49 PM »
Quite right too. I rarely leave the house but I still want paying.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #1512 on: January 13, 2023, 07:54:02 AM »
I thought Dan Bardell worked for Sky anyway just not with a camera pointed at him. It does seem all those who worked on The Villa View moved on to media roles as they appeared to want.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1513 on: January 13, 2023, 08:02:32 AM »
I thought Dan Bardell worked for Sky anyway just not with a camera pointed at him. It does seem all those who worked on The Villa View moved on to media roles as they appeared to want.

Well done to all of them. I have huge admiration for the various Villa podcasters/YouTubers.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1514 on: January 13, 2023, 08:38:33 AM »
What i would like to see us do is bring in some really good players and sell on some really bad ones
that would be nice

You want the moon on a stick. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal