collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by mjlions
[Today at 09:53:22 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Mellin
[Today at 09:51:58 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Forge10
[Today at 09:51:32 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Forge10
[Today at 09:48:13 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:35:43 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 09:23:16 PM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeeB
[Today at 09:10:31 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 08:50:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399660 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #555 on: December 19, 2022, 07:40:43 PM »
On Instagram,Villareport via globosports reporting that Coutinho’s agent is trying to secure a move to Corinthians.

Not sure who his agent is, but I'd have assumed he was a bit too old.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #556 on: December 19, 2022, 07:52:07 PM »
On Instagram,Villareport via globosports reporting that Coutinho’s agent is trying to secure a move to Corinthians.

Agent is Kia Joorabchien. I’m sure Phil is a bastion of sportsmanship and fair play and it’d be good to see what Unai can do with him but if we have a chance to get rid I think I’d be inclined to take it.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #557 on: December 19, 2022, 08:13:18 PM »
Good :)

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2022, 08:13:31 PM »

Eric Hall

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2022, 08:17:50 PM »

How is that possibly good? We get rid of a player who is massively talented and, presumably, get no money and have to carry on paying virtually all his wages?

If we get rid of him, and I'm not totally convinced that we should with him having played the grand total of zero minutes under Emery, sell him to a team who can afford him, not a skint league.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2022, 08:31:44 PM »

How is that possibly good? We get rid of a player who is massively talented and, presumably, get no money and have to carry on paying virtually all his wages?

If we get rid of him, and I'm not totally convinced that we should with him having played the grand total of zero minutes under Emery, sell him to a team who can afford him, not a skint league.
It's good for him, he needs to play football :) - that's how it's good.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2022, 08:39:47 PM »

On the presumption that he goes for free and we subsidise it I’d agree that it’s not great, however if it’s a normal transfer I wouldn’t dismiss it due to the fact that, aside from his initial loan, he’s looked below par and there might not be too many takers for him that would be willing to pay for the privilege.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2022, 09:20:26 PM »

Agree.  Unless he is causing issues behind the scenes, then I would like to see him given a chance under Emery.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2022, 09:28:11 PM »
He looked like he was enjoying himself in Dubai with his Brazilian clubmates. Give us one last effort Phil, come on.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2022, 09:43:25 PM »
I've researched and scouted a number of players who would complement the Villa lineup, so I'll have something to contribute to the conversation in January.

Some of the links, like the one about Joao Felix, particularly impressed me, but from what I've heard, he prefers to play at a higher level in Champions League soccer. He's always been one of my favourites. And I've touted him as someone who was of Grealish level but better.

Regarding Jack, I also anticipated his difficulties after leaving and the possibility that he would return.
I couldn't help but notice that there has been some talk about him being unsuitable and leaving. However, what I had previously believed was that he would return eventually and for a reduced price because some of the £100 million would not be paid since he was unlikely to complete his contract.

I would anticipate Villa would also receive first choice, so perhaps not this winter window for a loan, but next summer or in January?
Even though we have Coutinho, it's obvious that Emery is after a player of Felix or Grealish quality bringing in a player of this calibre would be marvelous

On that note, I like Nakamba; he's a good holy man, but he needs to be upgraded and relocated to a league more suitable to his abilities.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 09:47:20 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #565 on: December 19, 2022, 10:03:53 PM »
Grealish can fuck off. Forever.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #566 on: December 19, 2022, 10:08:03 PM »
It's a moot point anyway. There is no chance that Man City will be giving up on the Grealish Project anytime soon, unless someone like Newcastle or PSG give them their £100 million back for the privilege. He's a marketing ploy as much as a footballer.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2022, 11:59:12 PM »
Grealish can fuck off. Forever.

Amen.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2022, 07:14:42 AM »
It's a moot point anyway. There is no chance that Man City will be giving up on the Grealish Project anytime soon, unless someone like Newcastle or PSG give them their £100 million back for the privilege. He's a marketing ploy as much as a footballer.
They are not far away from amortising the £100 million to a transfer fee which is manageable.
Next summer is my guess.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2022, 12:51:04 PM »
11 uses of 'I', 'I'm' or 'me' in 1 post. Impressive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal