collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by johnc
[Today at 10:19:28 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399020 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #450 on: December 12, 2022, 05:04:00 PM »
Joao Felix was very anonymous in a tough game against Morocco. Was he playing? PL is a rough hustle and bustle environment and players need to be tough or they quickly start hiding on the pitch.

You can’t judge a player on one game or in a tournament. If that’s the case we’d all think based on his performance vs Canada Kevin DeBruyne was shit

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #451 on: December 12, 2022, 05:04:42 PM »
If we can get one of the best players on Earth, who has just turned 23, it would be fucking awesome. It doesn't mean we can't sign any other players because you don't have to spend all the money at once, that's not how transfers work. We probably haven't even had half of the Grealish money, yet, for starters.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #452 on: December 12, 2022, 05:10:17 PM »
Joao Felix was very anonymous in a tough game against Morocco. Was he playing? PL is a rough hustle and bustle environment and players need to be tough or they quickly start hiding on the pitch.

You can’t judge a player on one game or in a tournament. If that’s the case we’d all think based on his performance vs Canada Kevin DeBruyne was shit
Well now that you mention it KDB was shit in Qatar altogether. And TBH Felix didn't exactly light up the WC  either, if he is worth £100M.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #453 on: December 12, 2022, 05:13:18 PM »
Here’s where I am holding out hope and with copious amounts of irrational optimism. When it came down to it, it was Nas who pulled the trigger on Gerrard. It was then Nas, based on reliable reporting, who pulled the strings on getting Emery via his relationship with Mendes. So it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’s also wanting to pull off another marquee signing and really propel us forward. And it wouldn’t mean that’s all we do.

In today’s market £20m buys you a basic squad player at PL level for a mid table club. We have those in abundance. We need to improve what we have of course, accelerate development of our top kids but also buy legitimate quality. Clearly AM want to sell Felix and they will take the best deal they can get. It doesn’t need to be what they paid. Barcelona found that out with Coutinho. So while it might not happen there’s no reason why something couldn’t be worked out if the player can be convinced by his agent.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #454 on: December 12, 2022, 05:36:37 PM »

Agreed. Which is only slightly less of a cliché on how many posts judge an opposing PL player based on how performs against us.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2022, 05:39:18 PM »
What does £20 million get you that we haven't already got?
Was going to write this exact thing.  We currently have a whole squad of players who are broadly in the £20m-£40m bracket.  Adding more gets you more of the same, and the general consensus has been that what we have isn't going to get us to where the owner's stated ambition (Champions League) requires.

I dunno, I guess it's easy to spend when it's not your money - but to me we're currently a roughly-approximately mid table Premier League side.  The next step will be to transform that to a roughly-top-quarter side, and to do that we'll need the sort of players that those clubs might buy ...

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #456 on: December 12, 2022, 06:34:37 PM »
Terem Moffi a possibility, according to the (a) Latin American Villa feed via a French website:

https://twitter.com/AVFCLatam/status/1602356962724904961

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2022, 06:40:55 PM »
Was going to write this exact thing.  We currently have a whole squad of players who are broadly in the £20m-£40m bracket.  Adding more gets you more of the same, and the general consensus has been that what we have isn't going to get us to where the owner's stated ambition (Champions League) requires.

I dunno, I guess it's easy to spend when it's not your money - but to me we're currently a roughly-approximately mid table Premier League side.  The next step will be to transform that to a roughly-top-quarter side, and to do that we'll need the sort of players that those clubs might buy ...

But you could look at the progress made by Leicester buying players for £20M  and quite often less ,  I would take their recent success with that

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #458 on: December 12, 2022, 06:55:30 PM »
All about opinions but anyone saying that Joao Felix isn’t what we need is nuts in my opinion. There’s no bloody way we’re getting him - but he would be an incredible signing.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2022, 07:02:36 PM »

But you could look at the progress made by Leicester buying players for £20M  and quite often less ,  I would take their recent success with that

Not sure how accurate this list is bit there’s quite a low hit rate around £20m.  They seem to do a bit better around the £25+ mark, probably £30m nowadays with inflation (Perez being the exception).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/alletransfers/verein/1003

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #460 on: December 12, 2022, 07:22:19 PM »
Who is Terem Moffi?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #462 on: December 12, 2022, 07:28:24 PM »
I'm Terem Moffi, and so is my wife.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #463 on: December 12, 2022, 07:54:13 PM »
There’s a few that are indifferent to Felix, I hope he’s not reading otherwise he’ll be thinking, don’t you want me.

Offline frank black

« Reply #464 on: December 12, 2022, 07:55:59 PM »
There’s a few that are indifferent to Felix, I hope he’s not reading otherwise he’ll be thinking, don’t you want me.

I don’t think he’d even consider coming to us…

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal