collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399028 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #3420 on: January 31, 2023, 02:59:12 PM »
Wiki seems to consider him a midfielder.

The one supposedly moving is the Braga forward, not the PSG midfielder.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3421 on: January 31, 2023, 03:00:40 PM »

He's listed as Vítor Oliveira on Wiki. A forward with 14 in 42 games for Braga this season.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3422 on: January 31, 2023, 03:05:16 PM »
If there is something happening for players, they have perfected the art of keeping it under wraps as there doesn't seem to be much of a sniff of any news.

The "under wraps" phenomenon has been replaced or at least not the only way stated by Tom ITK Collomose. He said that Emery has the keys to the castle and that piqueing players' interests is something that is totally acceptable to him based on his past clubs
Doesn't mean it won't happen, but the links between the players and the levels we want  appear fairly clear, and Emery acknowledged that it can be difficult to persuade some players to come.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #3423 on: January 31, 2023, 03:05:48 PM »
Examples include Felix, Depay, and Guendouzi, who all desired to maintain champions league-level soccer.
Our goal is to raise the playing level of the entire team to that of our champions league manager.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3424 on: January 31, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »
Might I suggest we could bring Wesley back from loan

“Nurse…pass the tin hat”

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3425 on: January 31, 2023, 03:15:57 PM »
Loose rumours that we're interested in Vitinha of Sporting Braga. News here claims Marseille are close to signing him for €32m. A big kick in the nuts for Southampton who thought they had him by meeting his £26m buy-out clause. If we are interested, we better move quickly.

Is he good? I'bve heard the name a few times and he seems to have been linked to a few decent clubs but that's about all I know about him.

A proper centre forward, better than anything we have right now; he's only 22 but has all the characteristics to be a top golscoring striker. Annoying thing is, I could see him easily adapting to the PL. He's fast, not afraid to take on a player, a great shot on him and most importantly he knows where the back of the net is. There's a reason Braga are sitting in second place above Porto and the Mighty Sporting.
There's still time..

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3426 on: January 31, 2023, 03:17:08 PM »
The phrase rinse and repeat does get rinsed and repeated quite a lot on here

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3427 on: January 31, 2023, 03:19:10 PM »
Loose rumours that we're interested in Vitinha of Sporting Braga. News here claims Marseille are close to signing him for €32m. A big kick in the nuts for Southampton who thought they had him by meeting his £26m buy-out clause. If we are interested, we better move quickly.

Is he good? I'bve heard the name a few times and he seems to have been linked to a few decent clubs but that's about all I know about him.

A proper centre forward, better than anything we have right now; he's only 22 but has all the characteristics to be a top golscoring striker. Annoying thing is, I could see him easily adapting to the PL. He's fast, not afraid to take on a player, a great shot on him and most importantly he knows where the back of the net is. There's a reason Braga are sitting in second place above Porto and the Mighty Sporting.
There's still time..

Fantastic, that's about the impression I got from youtube. I'd be happy with that, him Watkins and Duran through to the summer and then hopefully Archer to add in and suddenly that looks like a good range of options, especially with Bailey and Bert in the mix for one of the 2 roles.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3428 on: January 31, 2023, 03:19:13 PM »

He's listed as Vítor Oliveira on Wiki. A forward with 14 in 42 games for Braga this season.

13 goals in 27 games.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3429 on: January 31, 2023, 03:21:41 PM »

There's still time..
So we're now talking out him because Marseille have beaten Southampton to the signing?  What has that got to do with us?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3430 on: January 31, 2023, 03:23:56 PM »
Josh Onomah is a free agent.  He could do a job.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #3431 on: January 31, 2023, 03:26:10 PM »

There's still time..

Fantastic, that's about the impression I got from youtube. I'd be happy with that, him Watkins and Duran through to the summer and then hopefully Archer to add in and suddenly that looks like a good range of options, especially with Bailey and Bert in the mix for one of the 2 roles.

I wouldnt get too enthused about him, a few reports saying he is physically in Marseille to have a medical and sign for them
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:35:26 PM by PeterWithe »

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3432 on: January 31, 2023, 03:27:12 PM »

13 goals in 27 games.

Yes, it's 14 in 42 league games the last season and a half. 13 in 27 games this season including Europe and the cups.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #3433 on: January 31, 2023, 03:27:58 PM »
Shelvey and Jorginho

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3434 on: January 31, 2023, 03:29:57 PM »
Shelvey and Jorginho

Fellows that were in the mood
Don't just stand there, let's get to it