collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:54:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 03:52:33 PM]

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:51:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:50:32 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399115 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #3405 on: January 31, 2023, 02:26:06 PM »
If Traore is being recalled, then that fixes the cover & competition issues up front. Don't get me wrong, its not ideal & making a marquee signing would be better to improve the whole squad, but if he is the six month fix, then I can live with that... But, & its a big 'but', if this is it for January, then next summer has to be a big one with several marquee signings. If not, then even the more relaxed amongst us about the current situation, like myself, will be questioning exactly where the owners are taking us. Although the last time I did that over at another forum, I got banned for fear of them losing access to a guy who loved to talk when things were going well, but not so much when they weren't...  ;D

This is it for me.  Emery has only had a couple of months here in terms of playing time, I am certain when he came he was told what backing he would have and is happy to keep his powder dry for now if it means he will be properly backed when the players he really wants are available.  A quiet window is fine this this time, but we should then be rightly pissed off if we don't really go for it ahead of next season.

Also, if we have re-added Bertie to the mix can we not also get Keinan Davis back?  To be honest, in Emery's system he would offer loads more than Ings did (putting aside his tendency to be made of papier mache).

On the Keinan front, I think if we brought him back to replace Ings this place would go into meltdown.  But on a more practical point, I don't believe there is a recall clause in any of our Championship loans.  They could terminate by mutual consent, but I suspect Watford would want paying for that, and paying to have our own player come back from a loan would be the most ridiculously Villa thing ever.

They would make it as difficult as possible because they are fucking about with Kourtney Hause. He got injured on their watch, but despite not having a 'send back' clause, they want to wash their hands of him. We have rightfully said, "respect the contract", but they are refusing to do anything & have not included him in their squad for the second half of the season. Personally, I would recall both Hause & Davis & blacklist Watford from ever loaning from us again...

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #3406 on: January 31, 2023, 02:35:28 PM »
How happy would we have been with signing some of these Wingers/Attackers/ Forwards

Joao Felix
Arnaut Danjuma
Matheus Cunha
Anthony Gordon
Memphis Depay
Hakim Ziyech
Mykhaylo Mudryk
Leandro Trossard
Javier Pastore
Kasper Dolberg
Tete
Viktor Tsyhankov
Bamba Dieng
Noni Madueke
Dango Ouattara
Terum Moffi
Isco
Wout Weghorst
Chris Wood
Mislav Orsic
Antoine Semenyo
Georginio Rutter

They all moved

Hi reality meet Footy-vill, hi Footy-vill meet reality.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #3407 on: January 31, 2023, 02:41:42 PM »
How happy would we have been with signing some of these Wingers/Attackers/ Forwards

Joao Felix
Arnaut Danjuma
Matheus Cunha
Anthony Gordon
Memphis Depay
Hakim Ziyech
Mykhaylo Mudryk
Leandro Trossard
Javier Pastore
Kasper Dolberg
Tete
Viktor Tsyhankov
Bamba Dieng
Noni Madueke
Dango Ouattara
Terum Moffi
Isco
Wout Weghorst
Chris Wood
Mislav Orsic
Antoine Semenyo
Georginio Rutter

They all moved

Hi reality meet Footy-vill, hi Footy-vill meet reality.

Ok but the more pertinent questions are: which ones would have imoroved us and would have come to us?

There's this really simplified view that because a player is sold that they will go to any club. Putting mudryk/ziyech/trossard/felix on that list is a bit daft really cos they never would've come to us.

Seems to be the same arguments on loop on here
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 02:44:21 PM by coreyfeldman »

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3408 on: January 31, 2023, 02:41:56 PM »
Loose rumours that we're interested in Vitinha of Sporting Braga. News here claims Marseille are close to signing him for €32m. A big kick in the nuts for Southampton who thought they had him by meeting his £26m buy-out clause. If we are interested, we better move quickly.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #3409 on: January 31, 2023, 02:47:04 PM »
If there is something happening for players, they have perfected the art of keeping it under wraps as there doesn't seem to be much of a sniff of any news.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3410 on: January 31, 2023, 02:49:17 PM »
Loose rumours that we're interested in Vitinha of Sporting Braga. News here claims Marseille are close to signing him for €32m. A big kick in the nuts for Southampton who thought they had him by meeting his £26m buy-out clause. If we are interested, we better move quickly.

Is he good? I'bve heard the name a few times and he seems to have been linked to a few decent clubs but that's about all I know about him.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #3411 on: January 31, 2023, 02:51:45 PM »
Somebody posts on here there are unsubstantiated rumours we are linked to player X, whilst credible sources suggest player X is about to sign for club Y
Club Y announce signing of player X
The forum goes mad that we havent signed player X.
Rinse and repeat.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3412 on: January 31, 2023, 02:54:07 PM »

Is he good? I'bve heard the name a few times and he seems to have been linked to a few decent clubs but that's about all I know about him.

0 goals in 19 for Wolves and 0 in 17 for PSG this season suggest his goals wouldn't be firing us up the table.

Online aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #3413 on: January 31, 2023, 02:56:03 PM »

0 goals in 19 for Wolves and 0 in 17 for PSG this season suggest his goals wouldn't be firing us up the table.

Different Vitinha.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3414 on: January 31, 2023, 02:57:05 PM »
The club haven't tweeted in almost 24 hours. They've got something planned imo. They'll announce a big one.

Just a feeling I have.
No pinned tweet either

I dont know what either of those comments mean :(

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #3415 on: January 31, 2023, 02:57:10 PM »

Different Vitinha.

Phew! :)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #3416 on: January 31, 2023, 02:57:24 PM »
Wiki seems to consider him a midfielder.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3417 on: January 31, 2023, 02:57:48 PM »

Different player, the guy Rudy mentioned is at Braga not PSG.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3418 on: January 31, 2023, 02:58:12 PM »

Different Vitinha.

Yep, the Wolves one was Dave Vitinha, this is his brother Chris.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #3419 on: January 31, 2023, 02:58:33 PM »
Wiki seems to consider him a midfielder.

Different Vitinha.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal