collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 398155 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #2700 on: January 28, 2023, 12:10:17 PM »
I would say with Liverpool and Chelsea struggling we have a unique opportunity to get into the top 8 this season so why not strengthen now.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2701 on: January 28, 2023, 12:13:29 PM »
That's it, isn't it? We're not getting anyone else, are we?

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2702 on: January 28, 2023, 12:18:52 PM »
That's it, isn't it? We're not getting anyone else, are we?

Looking that way Dave.  Things are going well at the moment, but I can't see the logic behind having just one senior striker and one wide player at the club. 

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2703 on: January 28, 2023, 12:20:36 PM »
I would say with Liverpool and Chelsea struggling we have a unique opportunity to get into the top 8 this season so why not strengthen now.

Pretty sure the club will/would strengthen if the *right* player is available. I reckon they’d even over pay a touch.
If that player isn’t available then I’m okay with them waiting until the summer and throwing the dice with Duran for them remaining 18 games.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2704 on: January 28, 2023, 12:22:48 PM »
I’ve not given up on the window entirely but I get the impression that with Emery if the right player isn’t available, rather than buy a stop gap, he’ll wait.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2705 on: January 28, 2023, 12:24:11 PM »

Pretty sure the club will/would strengthen if the *right* player is available. I reckon they’d even over pay a touch.
If that player isn’t available then I’m okay with them waiting until the summer and throwing the dice with Duran for them remaining 18 games.

It seems that every window we're waiting for the right player and the next window is always going to be The One. At the risk of being repetitive, we can't wait forever.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2706 on: January 28, 2023, 12:24:55 PM »
And yet most other teams seem to be strengthening from the same shops.
Depends on who you are talking about, their situation, etc, etc... Im not saying you are wrong, but I think context of all involved has to be taken into consideration. And don't get me wrong, I want us to be strengthening, all of the time, with all of the top players. I want everything. Now. But Im old enough to realise that what I want, & reality, are far too often so far apart that they might as well be in another dimension...

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2707 on: January 28, 2023, 12:24:56 PM »
Shrug. We have a top manager who has been given a massive level of control. The owners need to trust him and back him. If he thinks it's worth waiting till the summer, it's on his head. We have a game or so a week so rotation will be minimal. I still think 1 or 2 will come in, but I don't think it will be the end of the world if we don't.

Offline wince

« Reply #2708 on: January 28, 2023, 12:25:56 PM »
I’m confident we will be fine. Don’t know why but you can give me pelters if we aren’t.

Offline Delboy Villan

« Reply #2709 on: January 28, 2023, 12:26:22 PM »
We have made 2 January signings which is average amongst the Premier League with only a handful of teams signing more? Our current competitors say Palace, Fulham, Brighton and Brentford have not signed more than 2 and considering Brighton lost Trossard, Brentford signed Romeo Beckham and Palace and Fulham have not made one signing yet?
Chelsea are trying to sign every player in the World. The rest of the clubs are scrapping for survival and panic buying. Tottenham are signing players to appease Conti. if Newcastle's marquee signing is Gordon for $0m then good luck to them.
If Ollie gets injured then I would be worried but looking at his record it is unlikely and a considered risk maybe. We   are not collecting players anymore. We are being pruned of deadwood.

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2710 on: January 28, 2023, 12:26:28 PM »
Selling Ings and loaning Archer makes no sense - unless they either think that Duran is ready to play PL level football now or someone else is coming in.

I am sure we must have a plan - because it is too risky having 1 striker with lots still to play for. 

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2711 on: January 28, 2023, 12:30:24 PM »
Selling Ings and loaning Archer makes no sense - unless they either think that Duran is ready to play PL level football now or someone else is coming in.

I am sure we must have a plan - because it is too risky having 1 striker with lots still to play for.

I have zero issue with selling Ings. I dont rate him. Have never rated him & all he has done at Villa is reinforce that view with steel imbedded concrete. Loaning out Archer, now that is another story. He gave us cover & competition. And he has always looked bright whenever he has come on. So this particular deal has me confused...

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2712 on: January 28, 2023, 12:35:33 PM »

I have zero issue with selling Ings. I dont rate him. Have never rated him & all he has done at Villa is reinforce that view with steel imbedded concrete. Loaning out Archer, now that is another story. He gave us cover & competition. And he has always looked bright whenever he has come on. So this particular deal has me confused...
100% - Unless there is a plan - it would be stupid to let them both go.  If loaning Archer is the right thing for his development we should have kept Ings.  If wanted to cash in on Ings we should have kept Archer - as he would get plenty of minutes (just like Ings had so far)

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2713 on: January 28, 2023, 12:39:35 PM »
there could be a deadline day special coming in.... Dawkins, Routledge or Salifou.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2714 on: January 28, 2023, 12:40:12 PM »
Wonder if we have a recall on Bertie ? If no other attacking options come in we should be trying to get him back till the summer, he’s not brilliant but he’s not terrible either and he’s still our player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal