collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:25:38 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[April 29, 2024, 11:45:39 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:37:42 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by villadelph
[Today at 12:33:50 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:25:38 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:24:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:14:40 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711401 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #8205 on: March 10, 2024, 04:26:59 PM »
And Unai, please for the love of god fuck off with the constant “*insert name of team* contenders to be in the top 7, more than us” shite. Please.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #8206 on: March 10, 2024, 04:30:26 PM »
Give it a rest, you are always gunning for him. We have not finished in the top five in over 25 years.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8207 on: March 10, 2024, 04:30:53 PM »
And Unai, please for the love of god fuck off with the constant “*insert name of team* contenders to be in the top 7, more than us” shite. Please.

It’s in the same vein as that quote from post match. If he/the team believe they’re inferior they’ll play like that (and we are doing that more and more often now).

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8208 on: March 10, 2024, 04:36:22 PM »

Yeh that’s getting old for me too. I know he’s trying to temper expectations relative to where we were, how far we have come and relative resources. But at some point I want to hear that we belong here. We deserve to be here. Irrespective of what others have.

Offline Risso

« Reply #8209 on: March 10, 2024, 04:39:42 PM »

Yeh that’s getting old for me too. I know he’s trying to temper expectations relative to where we were, how far we have come and relative resources. But at some point I want to hear that we belong here. We deserve to be here. Irrespective of what others have.

Agreed. Ange was talking earlier about how if they qualify for the Champions League they don’t want to be in it to make up the numbers. Sometimes you need to hear a bit of confidence from your manager.

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #8210 on: March 10, 2024, 04:40:15 PM »
Ah, fuck it. Uni, just go for it from now until the end of the season. Far better plan than today's disorganised shambles. No one will give you any shit for that. We used to fear no one 😊

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #8211 on: March 10, 2024, 04:43:50 PM »
I think we are much better when we do go for it. We have a recent history when faced with these moments of being meek. I don’t want that anymore. If we fuck it up going for it do be it. But fucking it up in the manner in which we did today or have done at various points in our past is the worst way to chuck it all away. We have plenty of games left to get this right. But it has to be much better than that. It starts with Emery setting the tone of who we want to be from this point to the end of the season.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8212 on: March 10, 2024, 04:46:50 PM »
I think we are much better when we do go for it. We have a recent history when faced with these moments of being meek. I don’t want that anymore. If we fuck it up going for it do be it. But fucking it up in the manner in which we did today or have done at various points in our past is the worst way to chuck it all away. We have plenty of games left to get this right. But it has to be much better than that. It starts with Emery setting the tone of who we want to be from this point to the end of the season.

Exactly. Nobody (well, not many people) would moan if we tear into teams and get picked off in a 2-3 or even 2-4 game, but that was weakness of spirit, endeavour and execution. We can't lose like that. What's the fucking point?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #8213 on: March 10, 2024, 04:47:32 PM »
He’s put us where we are today, he’s made us exciting, he’s made me proud again, he’s made me expect to beat anyone, he’s put us in contention for top four for the first time in a very long time, he’s made us angry for not winning every game.

He’s only human and I still think he’s the dogs …

Offline Risso

« Reply #8214 on: March 10, 2024, 04:49:27 PM »
Nobody expects to win every game. I expect him to set us up to give us a chance though.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8215 on: March 10, 2024, 04:51:14 PM »

Exactly. Nobody (well, not many people) would moan if we tear into teams and get picked off in a 2-3 or even 2-4 game, but that was weakness of spirit, endeavour and execution. We can't lose like that. What's the fucking point?

Had we gone all-out and lost 0-4 there'd be so many people queuing up to blame him that the site would crash!

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #8216 on: March 10, 2024, 04:51:38 PM »
He’s put us where we are today, he’s made us exciting, he’s made me proud again, he’s made me expect to beat anyone, he’s put us in contention for top four for the first time in a very long time, he’s made us angry for not winning every game.

He’s only human and I still think he’s the dogs …

All of that is correct. But he’s still worthy of critical commentary when things don’t go well. The great thing about him is that he tends to put things right quickly. Let’s hope we see that starting on Thursday.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8217 on: March 10, 2024, 04:52:33 PM »

Had we gone all-out and lost 0-4 there'd be so many people queuing up to blame him that the site would crash!

Maybe, but you're overlooking the crucial point that *I* wouldn't be, and the views of this guy are quite important to me!

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #8218 on: March 10, 2024, 04:52:43 PM »

I was being serious and would be more than happy if they did that TV. How many teams do you see try to play it safe and lose anyway. Just go for it, fans will be behind you all the way. I think UE is guilty of being a bit too cute some times and overthinking plans.

Why feel pissed off to the hilt (now) when you can feel proud that they had a pop.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #8219 on: March 10, 2024, 04:52:50 PM »

But it doesn’t need to be one or the other. There was no need for us to have 30% possession at home vs Spurs at a point in the 1st half. We should have taken the game to them. We set up not to.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal