collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by danno
[Today at 05:02:46 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by danno
[Today at 05:02:46 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711673 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #4635 on: April 12, 2023, 10:45:30 AM »
My issue with Arsenal fans is that they refuse to acknowledge what they were before Wenger. If you took their word for it they've always played 'the right way' and were the club that introduced modern football to the premier league. We all know fans who like to claim moral victories but in my experience Arsenal fans are the worst for it, certainly on social media, youtube, etc.

I don't like Arsenal fans, but I don't think that's fair, Paul.

Isn't the song "1-0 to the Arsenal" basically a celebration of dour narrow victories scratched out by George Graham's successful yet grimly functional side?

I'm mostly going with my experience and how they are online.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4636 on: April 12, 2023, 10:47:24 AM »
My issue with Arsenal fans is that they refuse to acknowledge what they were before Wenger. If you took their word for it they've always played 'the right way' and were the club that introduced modern football to the premier league. We all know fans who like to claim moral victories but in my experience Arsenal fans are the worst for it, certainly on social media, youtube, etc.

Isn't the song "1-0 to the Arsenal" basically a celebration of dour narrow victories scratched out by George Graham's successful yet grimly functional side?

They've also got this atrocity, which backs up what Paul says a bit:
"49 49 Undefeated
49 49 I Say
49 49 Undefeated
Playing Football The Arsenal Way……"

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4637 on: April 12, 2023, 10:51:44 AM »

"49 49 Undefeated
49 49 I Say
49 49 Undefeated

I was referring to the pre Wenger part, though. I agree they bang on about it for the Wenger era.

Although TBH it's not as vomit inducing as hearing West Ham do the same.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4638 on: April 12, 2023, 11:19:32 AM »

"49 49 Undefeated
49 49 I Say
49 49 Undefeated

I was referring to the pre Wenger part, though. I agree they bang on about it for the Wenger era.

Any club who talk about how the way they play as some sort of badge of honour as if no one else has ever played decent football are a bunch of up their own arse self fellating twats. The fact it gets repeated by gormless media hacks is vomit inducing.

Everton - School of Science ( how long would this have lasted without pervert Stuart Halls Sports Report blather)
Arsenal - see above (conveniently forgetting 80 years of 1-0 and coordinated offside traps)
West Ham - the West Ham way ( yeah 3 FA cups in your history has really set the coaching agenda for English footballs history)
Manchester United - from the tagline of their crumbling shithole of a stadium to the way their fans think they’re the only team who play fast attacking football.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #4639 on: April 12, 2023, 11:35:53 AM »

"49 49 Undefeated
49 49 I Say
49 49 Undefeated

Any club who talk about how the way they play as some sort of badge of honour as if no one else has ever played decent football are a bunch of up their own arse self fellating twats. The fact it gets repeated by gormless media hacks is vomit inducing.

Everton - School of Science ( how long would this have lasted without pervert Stuart Halls Sports Report blather)
Arsenal - see above (conveniently forgetting 80 years of 1-0 and coordinated offside traps)
West Ham - the West Ham way ( yeah 3 FA cups in your history has really set the coaching agenda for English footballs history)
Manchester United - from the tagline of their crumbling shithole of a stadium to the way their fans think they’re the only team who play fast attacking football.

Add Spurs to that.

They think they "play the right way", yet for the past 30 years they have won exactly the same as Villa & finished below us more times.

This despite the fact that we went on a decade of disappointment & didn't even play in the same division as them for 3 years.

More deluded cockney chirping...

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #4640 on: April 12, 2023, 07:29:42 PM »
From being under the radar with Emery at the helm we have truly arrived with the news that our Manager gets a mention in Rogers Profanisaurus in this month's Viz.
Apparently Emery's attention to detail makes him the sort of man who "wants to know how a cats arsehole works".

Me neither, but I'm still thrilled skinny.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4641 on: April 12, 2023, 09:41:09 PM »
Genuine lol

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4642 on: April 12, 2023, 09:41:14 PM »
I used to love Viz.

Fond memories of Diego Maradona stealing the referees wallet during a match against Billy The Fish's side, where the Argie cheat blamed Fulchester's blind player for the theft.

"He steal your wallet senor. I seeee heeeem"

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4643 on: April 13, 2023, 01:25:15 AM »

Not sure about that Paul, have you ever listened to a Radio WM phone-in after we have beaten the Blues?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4644 on: April 14, 2023, 11:15:30 PM »
Fucking man crush on Emery

"I can't stop, I don't want to stop and I don't want players relaxing. I don't want to waste time here. The time is now".

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4645 on: April 15, 2023, 09:22:59 AM »
Fucking man crush on Emery

"I can't stop, I don't want to stop and I don't want players relaxing. I don't want to waste time here. The time is now".

He’s a complete obsessive loon
But he’s our loon and we love him

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4646 on: April 15, 2023, 11:18:34 AM »
I love this man.

villareport
@villareport
Aston Villa’s determination to invest in Unai Emery is also likely to mean changes being made to the training ground, including the addition of an annexe so players can stay overnight.
@JBurtTelegraph
 #avfc

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #4647 on: April 15, 2023, 11:19:49 AM »
Wow that's next-level dedication.

Can you imagine what Emery would have thought of Gabby? Fucking hell.

Offline Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #4648 on: April 15, 2023, 11:23:31 AM »
Wow that's next-level dedication.

Can you imagine what Emery would have thought of Gabby? Fucking hell.

Banished to the Emery Bomb Squad!!

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #4649 on: April 15, 2023, 11:23:31 AM »
Such is Emery's class, I reckon he probably would have gotten a decent tune out of him. So much as he was able, at least. Despite Gabby being Gabby.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal