collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711843 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #4605 on: April 11, 2023, 11:20:11 PM »
I usedn't to mind Arsenal, my Dad is a Gooner but he was always good/low-key about it.

But I've lived and worked amongst them in London for five or six years now and while not as representative of their worst lot as the unhinged contributors on Arsenal TV, they are still such bores. Will be glad to be outta here and shot of them.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #4606 on: April 12, 2023, 12:30:38 AM »
I've only know 3 arsenal fans and they are all massive bell-ends. Also Piers Morgan doesn't need any more excuses to be even more of a smug c**t. I don't know if they started fan TV or were just the first to go 'viral' but that stuff just makes me hate football fans, it's embarrassing. I like Ian Wright though but it's not enough to turn the tide.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4607 on: April 12, 2023, 12:43:48 AM »
What was it someone said on here the other week? They all behave like they've read a book on how to be a soccer fan, written by an American.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4608 on: April 12, 2023, 12:46:19 AM »
I've only know 3 arsenal fans and they are all massive bell-ends. Also Piers Morgan doesn't need any more excuses to be even more of a smug c**t. I don't know if they started fan TV or were just the first to go 'viral' but that stuff just makes me hate football fans, it's embarrassing. I like Ian Wright though but it's not enough to turn the tide.

I quite like Ian Wright as well, seems a genuine bloke and a genuine pain in the arse, which is grand, but I am always annoyed by him referring to Arsenal as 'we'.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4609 on: April 12, 2023, 12:53:53 AM »
What was it someone said on here the other week? They all behave like they've read a book on how to be a soccer fan, written by an American.

I've never met an Arsenal fan from London so I can't comment, but I've known plenty from Birmingham. What irritates me most is that, for my generation of supporters, because Arsenal haven't won the league for 20-odd years, they think they're real fans.

"I'm a real supporter because I could've chosen Man Utd/Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea."

We still know the sordid little arrangement you have made. You started supporting them because they were successful when you were a kid.

Give me the worst SHA/WBA/Wolves/Cov/Walsall fan any day over a fucking plastic.

Edit: I have met an Arsenal fan from London, Professor Gary Sheffield (apologies, Mods, if I am not supposed to name him). First day of a semester at University, I wore the first Acorns shirt and he joked around "nice West Ham shirt...is that from a charity shop?"

Fast forward to the Tuesday after we beat them 2-0 at the Emirates, I say absolutely nothing, not wearing anything Villa-related. But still:

"Before you say anything, you were lucky. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. You play disgraceful football, and there was no honour in that result. No honour whatsoever."

So yeah, the one Arsenal fan I've met from London...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 01:20:50 AM by Rory »

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #4610 on: April 12, 2023, 01:20:37 AM »

The one I know from London is called Shannon and he is the most over confident,  self assured prick I have ever met. Little fat fucker with 80's hair.

Pretty good description, Dave, whoever said it.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4611 on: April 12, 2023, 01:23:31 AM »

The one I know from London is called Shannon and he is the most over confident,  self assured prick I have ever met. Little fat fucker with 80's hair.

I know the guy didn't choose his birth name, but 'Shannon'? Fucking hell.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #4612 on: April 12, 2023, 01:29:09 AM »

I know, I nearly capitalised his whole name just to highlight my incredulity. How dare he have that level of confidence with that name?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4613 on: April 12, 2023, 01:48:39 AM »
Del  Shannon, ffs...

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4614 on: April 12, 2023, 02:26:24 AM »

I've never met an Arsenal fan from London so I can't comment, but I've known plenty from Birmingham. What irritates me most is that, for my generation of supporters, because Arsenal haven't won the league for 20-odd years, they think they're real fans.

"I'm a real supporter because I could've chosen Man Utd/Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea."

We still know the sordid little arrangement you have made. You started supporting them because they were successful when you were a kid.

Give me the worst SHA/WBA/Wolves/Cov/Walsall fan any day over a fucking plastic.

Edit: I have met an Arsenal fan from London, Professor Gary Sheffield (apologies, Mods, if I am not supposed to name him). First day of a semester at University, I wore the first Acorns shirt and he joked around "nice West Ham shirt...is that from a charity shop?"

Fast forward to the Tuesday after we beat them 2-0 at the Emirates, I say absolutely nothing, not wearing anything Villa-related. But still:

"Before you say anything, you were lucky. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. You play disgraceful football, and there was no honour in that result. No honour whatsoever."

Haha. What a prick.

Though I'm similar sometimes with gobby Japanese Chelsea/Man City fans. It definitely affects their final grade and whether they pass the class or not.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. 😂 Any student who likes Villa gets full credit.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4615 on: April 12, 2023, 02:44:51 AM »

Haha. What a prick.

Though I'm similar sometimes with gobby Japanese Chelsea/Man City fans. It definitely affects their final grade and whether they pass the class or not.

Well yeah, but I was a lovely sweet innocent guy, just trying to stop my nipples from rubbing on the 'a' and 's' of 'acorns'.

Out of interest, do you get many Celtic fans over there, Axl? That club has done more for Japanese football in Britain over the past 15 years than any other.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4616 on: April 12, 2023, 02:45:38 AM »

I know, I nearly capitalised his whole name just to highlight my incredulity. How dare he have that level of confidence with that name?

He clearly never went to an inner-city school.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4617 on: April 12, 2023, 03:02:03 AM »

Haha. What a prick.

Well yeah, but I was a lovely sweet innocent guy, just trying to stop my nipples from rubbing on the 'a' and 's' of 'acorns'.

Out of interest, do you get many Celtic fans over there, Axl? That club has done more for Japanese football in Britain over the past 15 years than any other.

Celtic fans...hmm, no, surprisingly.

I think it's because they aren't in the Premier League, and also because Celtic took players from Kawasaki Frontale/Yokohama FC Marinos. I work in Kanagawa Prefecture right next to Tokyo, and those two clubs are the main clubs of that area. Their fans are a bit pissed off at losing their best players to Celtic. Plus Marinos lost their manager to Celtic, too, and now they have Kevin Muscat in charge, who to be fair won the league with them last season.

If any of those Japanese players played in the Premier League though, you'd have Japanese fans supporting whatever team took them. It's 'cool' to like a Premier League team.

Then again, you do see older generation Japanese people with Nakamura shirts on from time to time.

I don't know where I'd stand regarding grading if it came to Japanese Celtic fans 😂 It's nowhere near as bad as Chelsea/Man City, but I also don't particularly like Celtic, either. Maybe a C grade would suffice!

Offline Rory

« Reply #4618 on: April 12, 2023, 03:15:02 AM »
Haha, the "Nakamuraaa!" mention is enough for me 🙂

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4619 on: April 12, 2023, 05:06:25 AM »
Just woke up SMC looking for Unai Emery thread. Can anyone help?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal