collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by danno
[Today at 05:02:46 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by danno
[Today at 05:02:46 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711663 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #4560 on: April 09, 2023, 11:16:40 AM »
Steady on fella, there is no paranoia as far as I can read. Some  people are having a chat on issues related to success. That's fine.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #4561 on: April 09, 2023, 11:18:57 AM »
Good grief. The paranoia from some on here is astonishing. Reminds me of the early days of the TSM2 and how after a good spell with us he was going to inevitably pack his bags for Dortmund. We are Aston Villa. I realize for many of us our nuts have been shrunk by years of abuse. But it’s time to start puffing our chests out a bit and have confidence in not just who Emery is, but who the owners are too. Fuck everyone else. This is our time.
Steady on TV!  That sounds like a MAGA rally.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4562 on: April 09, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
That soft touch has actually been gone quite a long time. We told Arsenal to fuck off over Luiz. Sales of players we'd have preferred to keep have been because of buy out clauses rather than us being a soft touch. Long may it continue as well.

That soft touch went from day one of the new owners IIRC when they told Levy to do one when he tried to buy Grealish for a tenner and a packet of days.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4563 on: April 09, 2023, 01:03:29 PM »
That soft touch has actually been gone quite a long time. We told Arsenal to fuck off over Luiz. Sales of players we'd have preferred to keep have been because of buy out clauses rather than us being a soft touch. Long may it continue as well.

That soft touch went from day one of the new owners IIRC when they told Levy to do one when he tried to buy Grealish for a tenner and a packet of days.
Yep. If the club fully support Emery, I can't see he'd have much of a reason to leave. We give him whatever tools/budget/.. he needs to do a job & a reasonable amount of freedom to do it - he's basically not going to get a better shot at winning the Champions League. Unlike, say, Bayern Munich he ain't going to get the boot if he doesn't get it right first time.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4564 on: April 09, 2023, 01:59:03 PM »
Good grief. The paranoia from some on here is astonishing. Reminds me of the early days of the TSM2 and how after a good spell with us he was going to inevitably pack his bags for Dortmund. We are Aston Villa. I realize for many of us our nuts have been shrunk by years of abuse. But it’s time to start puffing our chests out a bit and have confidence in not just who Emery is, but who the owners are too. Fuck everyone else. This is our time.

Which is fair enough. https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1240325221938315270

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4565 on: April 09, 2023, 02:18:26 PM »

Which is fair enough. https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1240325221938315270

Haha MVGA hats on the way chaps!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4566 on: April 09, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
We should be very prepared for other clubs to start sniffing around. We need our ambitions to keep pace.

I am certainly prepared to here our supporters talk ing about our manager being poached  without him having completed a calander year of his contract. So long as they are prepared  to be told to get a grip.

I think there’s quite a big difference between saying clubs will start sniffing around and saying he will be poached.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #4567 on: April 09, 2023, 04:49:39 PM »

Haha MVGA hats on the way chaps!

Ha! They'd probably sell quite well.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4568 on: April 10, 2023, 07:11:22 AM »
Yes but Gerrard used to look em in the eye during the week after sitting them down. Now that’s proper management….like.

Don’t forget ‘getting into them’ at half-time.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4569 on: April 10, 2023, 09:43:18 AM »
The only question mark I have is with regards to his hair. Now. I know that being follicly-challenged as I am that this may sound like sour grapes, but he really needs to sort his barnett out.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4570 on: April 10, 2023, 09:50:58 AM »
The only question mark I have is with regards to his hair. Now. I know that being follicly-challenged as I am that this may sound like sour grapes, but he really needs to sort his barnett out.
No, it’s the hot water tank cover over coat that’s gotta go.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4571 on: April 10, 2023, 10:02:51 AM »

Yep. If the club fully support Emery, I can't see he'd have much of a reason to leave. We give him whatever tools/budget/.. he needs to do a job & a reasonable amount of freedom to do it - he's basically not going to get a better shot at winning the Champions League. Unlike, say, Bayern Munich he ain't going to get the boot if he doesn't get it right first time.

Of course we view everything through claret and blue spectacles, but he has the opportunity to really mould the club at the Villa rather than just being parachuted into somewhere like Chelsea and expected to work within an existing framework.

It just seems like a really good fit at the moment and feels like it could be the start of something.  He will need to be backed and I would imagine that he already has a good idea of what he needs.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4572 on: April 10, 2023, 10:31:41 AM »

Of course we view everything through claret and blue spectacles, but he has the opportunity to really mould the club at the Villa rather than just being parachuted into somewhere like Chelsea and expected to work within an existing framework.

It just seems like a really good fit at the moment and feels like it could be the start of something.  He will need to be backed and I would imagine that he already has a good idea of what he needs.
Yeah - i think providing we back him and support him, I don’t see anywhere else he would want to go.  He can build something truly special here - and I think that appeals to him. Let’s face it - it won’t always go a smoothly as it has since he joined but he’ll be given the time to build it.

I really think he could be here 5 years plus.  He has business to prove in the premier league, he did ok at Arsenal and was seen as a failure for a bad run.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #4573 on: April 10, 2023, 10:53:45 AM »
I think worries about him being backed, although understandable, are misguided. Emery would not have taken the job without assurances regarding financial support and a degree of influence over incoming and outgoing players. Similarly the owners do not strike me as the types to set themselves up to fail by not backing their manager, their well publicised personal involvement in the appointment means it will be on them to ensure he is kept happy.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4574 on: April 10, 2023, 04:07:58 PM »
I reckon he's sat at home now watching recent Newcastle games. He could be watching Bond Films back to back I suppose though but I doubt it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal