collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 659096 times)

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #3885 on: March 18, 2023, 07:48:24 PM »
Equal with Chelsea on points, but their Goal Diff is +1, ours is -4. 11th, but only a point off 9th.

We're an in form team and one thing - the players must really be beginning to buy into what Unai's teaching them at BMH.

26 pts from 14 games under Unai.

26 ÷14 = 1.857 points per game.

38 x 1.857 = 70.86 points.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #3886 on: March 18, 2023, 08:02:52 PM »
And all this with pretty much the identical squad that Gerrard had, and that looked so abject and devoid of ideas. It’s hard to believe frankly how rapidly he’s gotten us looking so much better.

This really is the start of something special.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3887 on: March 18, 2023, 08:08:19 PM »
And all this with pretty much the identical squad that Gerrard had, and that looked so abject and devoid of ideas. It’s hard to believe frankly how rapidly he’s gotten us looking so much better.

This really is the start of something special.

If Gerrard managed Arsenal they'd be where we are

Offline colin69

« Reply #3888 on: March 18, 2023, 08:11:29 PM »
At times we seem so slow but there’s a clear game plan there and Emery reminds me so much of SGT mk1. I feel we are on the verge of something very special. I expect a number of changes in the summer and think we’ll be challenging for Europe easily next season if not this season,

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3889 on: March 18, 2023, 08:18:34 PM »
Equal with Chelsea on points, but their Goal Diff is +1, ours is -4. 11th, but only a point off 9th.

We're an in form team and one thing - the players must really be beginning to buy into what Unai's teaching them at BMH.

26 pts from 14 games under Unai.

26 ÷14 = 1.857 points per game.

38 x 1.857 = 70.86 points.

Also 24 goals scored in those 14 games, after 7 in 11 under Gerrard.

Since Emery started we're 6th, 1 point away from 3rd. As I've said before, the idea that we're miles away from the top 6 is just wrong. What's happened is that, as mentioned above, the league has collapsed into a top 5 and then 2 mini leagues, with a 9 team relegation battle (that was 10 teams in November) and a 6 team group for 6th place separated by 4 points. We've done brilliantly to jump from the relegation group to the top6 group and the only one in that which might be difficult to catch (assuming Brentford lose Toney for a while) is Liverpool who seem to be brilliant or shit and not a lot in between. I think we'll end up 8th though.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3890 on: March 18, 2023, 08:22:57 PM »
I love how he talks about the goals we conceded in those games vs Leicester and Arsenal specifically and clearly there was incredible emphasis on keeping it tight at the back. A manager who is able to adjust aspects of his tactics while remaining true to his strategy and philosophy.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3891 on: March 18, 2023, 08:24:49 PM »
I love how angry he is about not winning, how he remembers goals we conceded, how much every piece of info matters to him. Doesn't guarantee success, nothing does, but you can see he really lives and breathes all this.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3892 on: March 18, 2023, 08:35:31 PM »
I love how angry he is about not winning, how he remembers goals we conceded, how much every piece of info matters to him. Doesn't guarantee success, nothing does, but you can see he really lives and breathes all this.

Yes, and I find myself looking over at him during games when we've done something sloppy and he always reacting in someway, never passive.

There is no longer a place for excuses and compromise. Forza Villa.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3893 on: March 18, 2023, 09:01:50 PM »
I love how he talks about the goals we conceded in those games vs Leicester and Arsenal specifically and clearly there was incredible emphasis on keeping it tight at the back. A manager who is able to adjust aspects of his tactics while remaining true to his strategy and philosophy.

The changes he's made since that little run are really noticeable as well, we looked like we have a lot more time now because the angles we create to move the ball in our half are 'safer' and harder for teams to press without committing too many players forward.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3894 on: March 18, 2023, 09:14:07 PM »
Unai Emery was asked about NSWE being in town, but replied: "The supporters here are the owners of the club. They're the owners of the club, really. Nassef and Wes are here respecting our supporters. We have to be together to do something."

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3895 on: March 18, 2023, 09:18:23 PM »
Matty Cash has done a golf video with one of the gurning simpletons from Soccer AM. They basically play a round of golf and chat while playing, all videod. A mate sent me a link to the relevant bit, but Matty is explaining how the amount of information they're given since Emery took over is huge.  Two hour video sessions after every game, analysing the match and their decisions in it, in real-time.  Then during the week, individual video sessions with the coaches to discuss their role and performance. It sounds like their days are a lot longer than they used to be. I get the impression there is ZERO ambiguity around what is expected from everyone on that pitch. Sure, it's going to take to time to bed in such that it all becomes second nature, but it sounds extremely promising.

Also, Matty Cash is clearly an excellent golfer.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #3896 on: March 18, 2023, 09:25:08 PM »
Even the dicking about at the back seems to be coming together now. Some of Emi's distribution today was brilliant.

He just needs to cut out that short ball to a midfielder facing the goal on the edge of the box, it was nearly a catastrophe again today not long after the first goal

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #3897 on: March 18, 2023, 09:27:09 PM »
So, we are 3rd in the league since he took over. Imagine what we can do after a summer transfer window, shaping his own squad…

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3898 on: March 18, 2023, 09:27:19 PM »
Matty Cash has done a golf video with one of the gurning simpletons from Soccer AM. They basically play a round of golf and chat while playing, all videod. A mate sent me a link to the relevant bit, but Matty is explaining how the amount of information they're given since Emery took over is huge.  Two hour video sessions after every game, analysing the match and their decisions in it, in real-time.  Then during the week, individual video sessions with the coaches to discuss their role and performance. It sounds like their days are a lot longer than they used to be. I get the impression there is ZERO ambiguity around what is expected from everyone on that pitch. Sure, it's going to take to time to bed in such that it all becomes second nature, but it sounds extremely promising.

Also, Matty Cash is clearly an excellent golfer.
May I ask do they do the video review the same day or day or two after. I assume focus is on physical recovery post match

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3899 on: March 18, 2023, 09:30:09 PM »
Unai Emery was asked about NSWE being in town, but replied: "The supporters here are the owners of the club. They're the owners of the club, really. Nassef and Wes are here respecting our supporters. We have to be together to do something."

Whatta guy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal