collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by ozzjim
[Today at 05:58:10 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:53:56 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711685 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #3330 on: February 20, 2023, 04:09:12 PM »
I love it. His dedication to bizarre theories is second to none. He should have his own podcast. Footy's Theories.

Offline cdward

« Reply #3331 on: February 20, 2023, 04:13:18 PM »
Or Villa de fútbol as he's known in Spain.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #3332 on: February 20, 2023, 04:17:18 PM »
I don't think Moreno is much of an upgrade on Digne, and I still think it's a bit odd that the only senior player we brought in was another left back.

With Moreno, there's a chance he was bought knowing that he would fit in with the way Emery wants us to play (but are currently struggling to do so) rather than the way we are playing currently. As much about the players around him as it is about himself.

Not saying that'll be it, just suggesting it could be.

The fact Moreno is and speaks spainish and can come straight in to understanding Emery instructions clearly should not be underestimated.

Hutton signed by McLeish. it isn't exactly same but it's also in the eyes in dressing room report to me in our native tounge move.

Probably why Steevie G struggled so much, not enough scousers in the villa squad.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3333 on: February 20, 2023, 06:13:44 PM »
I love it. His dedication to bizarre theories is second to none. He should have his own podcast. Footy's Theories.

Same, he makes me smile.

Footy-Vill  8)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3334 on: February 20, 2023, 06:14:39 PM »
I think we are completely missing this language point  Footy is making.  Get into position to receive the ball, control and pass it forward to your team mate I reckon could be totally different in Spanish or indeed Scottish. I wish i knew the languages better.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3335 on: February 20, 2023, 06:21:39 PM »

Same, he makes me smile.

Footy-Vill  8)
When you're not smirking! Smirker!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3336 on: February 20, 2023, 06:27:47 PM »
I wish we had Chelsea up next. We'd funeral them. They'll probably have their act together by the time we face them in April.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #3337 on: February 20, 2023, 06:30:33 PM »
Chelsea like us have a long haul strategy.
We'll see much better from Villa and them next season.
Its a transition time but irks me that Villa haven't managed to go by them in the table and get into top half.
I don't think we'll be too far away from them this season and a chance before April to get ahead if we can win next 4 matches.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #3338 on: February 20, 2023, 06:42:52 PM »
I think we are completely missing this language point  Footy is making.  Get into position to receive the ball, control and pass it forward to your team mate I reckon could be totally different in Spanish or indeed Scottish. I wish i knew the languages better.
Exactly when Alex was signed you can hear the alluring tones of a quite wonderful senorita interview him. In Spainish. On the official website
They'll be a lot more interest in Aston Villa from Spain with Emery.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 06:51:37 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3339 on: February 20, 2023, 06:45:35 PM »
Chelsea like us have a long haul strategy.
We'll see much better from Villa and them next season.
Its a transition time but irks me that Villa haven't managed to go by them in the table and get into top half.
I don't think we'll be too far away from them this season and a chance before April to get ahead if we can win next 4 matches.

I don’t think they do. I think it looks like they do because people are trying to apply logic to their decision making. They might well be better, but make no mistake their approach to spending was - who are our rivals looking like they’re trying to sign mixed with who did well at the World Cup.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3340 on: February 20, 2023, 07:13:11 PM »
Exactly when Alex was signed you can hear the alluring tones of a quite wonderful senorita interview him. In Spainish. On the official website

That's like saying we would be more interested in Spanish football if Eddie Howe was appointed Villareal manager.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #3341 on: February 20, 2023, 07:49:02 PM »

That's like saying we would be more interested in Spanish football if Eddie Howe was appointed Villareal manager.
It would be worth it if he went full Joey McClaren.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3342 on: February 20, 2023, 08:57:58 PM »

It would be worth it if he went full Joey McClaren.

We are, how you say, ze underdogsh, yesh?

That well-known Dutch phrase underdog.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3343 on: February 20, 2023, 09:14:06 PM »
I can imagine training this morning could be interesting. Not sure I've seen a Villa manager so pissed off in a post-match interview since maybe MON in his spikey days.

Was a big game for him personally up against his former club and we lost it in injury time after going ahead twice in the first half. Three defeats on the spin too. Understandably salty I'd say.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3344 on: February 20, 2023, 09:40:30 PM »

To be fair, there was quite a bit more media reporting on La Liga when Moyes was at Real Sociedad and Neville was at Valencia.

On the other hand, those were rather novel. Given there are probably a hundred Spanish head coaches working in football leagues across the world, Emery at at Villa is just one more of them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 09:42:54 PM by Dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal