collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:25:38 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:37:42 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by villadelph
[Today at 12:33:50 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:25:38 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:24:53 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711412 times)

Online Billy Walker

Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #1200 on: November 04, 2022, 04:09:03 PM »
For me, this feels like the SGT pt 1 appointment - the fit seems perfect for all parties, owners, fans, manager alike.  There's a similar energy to it all and that can only be a positive thing.  Unlike the time of that first appointment of Sir Graham, however, we now have top class owners and genuine ambition to compete at the very top of the game so - please McGrath -this will turn out to be a much longer, much more successful appointment.  Welcome Unai, and the very, very best of luck.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1201 on: November 04, 2022, 04:15:41 PM »
It feels like Sir Graham in retrospect. More because how we felt at the end. But with respect to our former great manager, his accomplishments were all domestic, with a side in Watford who had achieved promotions and a cup final. Urai Emery right now is significantly ahead of that. What happens next is to be determined of course but purely based on what he’s achieved it’s arguably the most significant “appointment” we have ever made. Doesn’t guarantee success but gives us the confidence that done right we will be on the right track for a good while.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #1202 on: November 04, 2022, 04:17:46 PM »
I’m impressed with that back room coaching list. Yes there’s a lot, but to me it screams “ organised”. Everyone has a defined roll, and we will be coached coached coached and coached some more ! In particular I like the fact we have a “ individual performance coach “.
There was clips in the Arsenal Amazon thing, where players were brought in for one on one chats with, what I presume to be,  similar.

This team are going to improve our players. I just know it.
Then add some better ones.

I’m excited. I was “meh” about Gerrard , but hoped he’d be the manager as somewhere as good as he was a player. He wasn’t close.

This guy just seems to be the perfect fit. Hopefully that new manager bounce with a rocking VP on Sunday to beat that lot.

Antonio Rodríguez Saravia (Individual Performance Coach) - handing out detentions and extra homework for those who are below the required standard?

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1203 on: November 04, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »
Is it being suggested by these back room staff appointments that the term “we need to roll up our sleeves” will be eliminated from the Villa vocabulary? Because when the chips are down, the going gets tough, there is nothing better than a good rolling up of the sleeves or socks and just work harder.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 04:28:17 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1204 on: November 04, 2022, 04:24:18 PM »
I think we’ll start to see a plan and pattern of play emerging. Emery seems like he leaves no stone unturned with his analysis and that’s exactly what we need. Hopefully he turns BMH on it’s head and we become harder to beat initially and then when he’s brought a few in, we start moving in the right direction.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1205 on: November 04, 2022, 04:26:40 PM »
I think we’ll start to see a plan and pattern of play emerging. Emery seems like he leaves no stone unturned with his analysis and that’s exactly what we need. Hopefully he turns BMH on it’s head and we become harder to beat initially and then when he’s brought a few in, we start moving in the right direction.

You'd think with the facilities Emery and his team will have at Bodymoor that it will feel great to them and really enable them to do a good job.

I'm glad our owners are going for it. I'm all excited again.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1206 on: November 04, 2022, 04:29:23 PM »
I'm waiting for the presser on facebook and the sheer amount of fucking morons posting 'good ebening' as if it's either clever, funny or original is fucking embarrassing, bunch of thick cu*ts.

I thought the same thing.  Weirdos.
And as above that's very disappointing people are making fun of Emery English when perhaps they can't speak another language fluently.
Hopefully it's something that will be phased out

Thing is, his English is fine, he just has an accent. These are the same people who, up until it became risky to do so in public, found stupid head-wobbling Indian impressions funny. Because Emery is white they reckon they can get away with it.

I’ve been listening to the radio and TV a lot since his appointment and find the constant references to his accent very annoying. I also find it strange it’s been allowed and I agree entirely with this post.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1207 on: November 04, 2022, 04:41:38 PM »
We going to see us win the FA Cup.

I can feel it.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1208 on: November 04, 2022, 04:44:48 PM »
We going to see us win the FA Cup.

I can feel it.
25/1 33/1 in places , fuck it, I’m having £50 on it . UTV

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1209 on: November 04, 2022, 04:56:06 PM »
I’m not bothered about his accent in fact as I’ve said before the foreign accent is the best thing about him because it means he’s not British

British managers are absolutely shit with maybe a couple of exceptions fucking rubbish the lot of them with their shit tactics no nothing shapes and formations and boring predictable substitutions

so he can talk however he wants for me i don’t give a fuck and don’t care what anyone thinks or says about him because if we’d have gone for another Brit my little heart would have been crushed

So Please just win us something and i will die a happy man when that time comes

Offline TonyD

« Reply #1210 on: November 04, 2022, 05:00:44 PM »
Purslow looks edgy and awkward.
He did.  Was he hungover….?

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1211 on: November 04, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »
Purslow looked physically, figuratively and metaphorically small at that press conference. I’m sure he does a good job in many other areas but this decision and the key one that preceded it was very publicly taken out of his hands. That can’t feel good.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #1212 on: November 04, 2022, 05:03:38 PM »
I’m not bothered about his accent in fact as I’ve said before the foreign accent is the best thing about him because it means he’s not British

British managers are absolutely shit with maybe a couple of exceptions fucking rubbish the lot of them with their shit tactics no nothing shapes and formations and boring predictable substitutions

so he can talk however he wants for me i don’t give a fuck and don’t care what anyone thinks or says about him because if we’d have gone for another Brit my little heart would have been crushed

From that John can we assume you was not too keen on a British manager?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1213 on: November 04, 2022, 05:07:31 PM »

From that John can we assume you was not too keen on a British manager?

Just to be clear……..I was not

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1214 on: November 04, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »
I hadn’t watched this before but I felt a stir in my loins afterwards

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal