collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711847 times)

Offline Pat Mustard

Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #1035 on: November 02, 2022, 08:04:57 PM »
After having a break for a few days of anything Aston Villa after that atrocious performance Saturday I had a quick look on the villa pages and seen some footage of our new head coach on the training pitch. 

Seems very involved and demanding. I have a bad feeling about this with the players we have at the club. The fixtures look absolutely horrifying before the winter break and we could be out of the cup and in the bottom 3 . They don't get much easier from the restart either. Unai Emery certainly has his work cut out .

So let me get this straight. What you’re saying is the players are so shit he shouldn’t try coaching them in case they don’t like it, especially with some difficult games coming up?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1036 on: November 02, 2022, 08:06:11 PM »
After having a break for a few days of anything Aston Villa after that atrocious performance Saturday I had a quick look on the villa pages and seen some footage of our new head coach on the training pitch. 

Seems very involved and demanding. I have a bad feeling about this with the players we have at the club. The fixtures look absolutely horrifying before the winter break and we could be out of the cup and in the bottom 3 . They don't get much easier from the restart either. Unai Emery certainly has his work cut out .

You have a bad feeling about something?

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1037 on: November 02, 2022, 08:07:21 PM »
How long are we going to let this guy troll the forum?

Honest question.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1038 on: November 02, 2022, 08:07:39 PM »

So let me get this straight. What you’re saying is the players are so shit he shouldn’t try coaching them in case they don’t like it, especially with some difficult games coming up?

Sounds like the sum of it. The idea that the head coach doing some coaching is a red flag is peak doom and gloom.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #1039 on: November 02, 2022, 08:11:21 PM »
if the players don't like Emery being involved and demanding then they can fuck off.

Could not agree more. Their performances in recent time have been a disgrace, and if they don't want to be coached by one of the best European managers and be a part of a new dawn, pay them off and get them a taxi the hell out of Bodymoor.   

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1040 on: November 02, 2022, 08:30:28 PM »

Honest question.

We need agitators. And FootyVill and Ads are great losses even if their form has been patchy. Apparently we've slipped to 16th in the Forums table, mirroring our own football team.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1041 on: November 02, 2022, 08:37:03 PM »

Honest question.

We need agitators. And FootyVill and Ads are great losses even if their form has been patchy. Apparently we've slipped to 16th in the Forums table, mirroring our own football team.

Where have they gone?

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1042 on: November 02, 2022, 08:41:08 PM »

Honest question.

Where have they gone?

Footy and Ads aren't trolls.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1043 on: November 02, 2022, 08:45:13 PM »
Footy is back.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1044 on: November 02, 2022, 08:47:51 PM »
I’m finding myself agreeing with Flintstone again, it does worry me that he’s just too hands on. What we really need is a manager that just does press conferences and PR appearances. This isn’t going to end well.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1045 on: November 02, 2022, 08:55:03 PM »
We don't do coaching at Villa, far too advanced.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1046 on: November 02, 2022, 08:55:41 PM »
I’m finding myself agreeing with Flintstone again, it does worry me that he’s just too hands on. What we really need is a manager that just does press conferences and PR appearances. This isn’t going to end well.

This has to be sarcasm.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #1047 on: November 02, 2022, 08:57:29 PM »
My worry is we have a manager with a good track record - with our players and the fixture list we might get relegated next week. And then villa park falls down. I need this addressing!

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1048 on: November 02, 2022, 08:59:23 PM »
I enjoyed that video on Pravda. It was nice to see the players on a pitch and not losing.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1049 on: November 02, 2022, 09:04:20 PM »
We don't do coaching at Villa, far too advanced.
MON, McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood, Bruce, Gerrard - managers, not coaches

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal