collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:25:38 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:37:42 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by villadelph
[Today at 12:33:50 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:25:38 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:24:53 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711409 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2022, 04:43:52 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/martinez-emery-aston-villa-arsenal-28319455

Let's hope that Emery and Martinez can get on together.

The headline is bollocks. And especially when you consider this bit in the article

“Martinez was one of the few Arsenal players to issue a statement of his own. The shot-stopper even apologised in light of the decision, writing: "Thank you @UnaiEmery_ and Javi [assistant coach] I’m sorry we let you down, it’s our fault for not performing the right way, I’m sure we will meet again."
Agreed. Absolutely crap headline with no substance.
Why is that everytime I click on a newspaper link under Reach banner it's always always rubbish headline, crap baseless story and very annoying adverts popping up? The Evening Mail is the worst.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #451 on: October 25, 2022, 04:47:22 PM »
There's a lot of utter ****** with rubbish opinions in the media, aren't there.

Aly mccoist? ******. Gary Lineker? ******. Stuart Pearce? ******. Danny Murphy? ******. Paul cunting Lambert? ******.

Reading about Ozil tweeting about Emery's English a while back. Ozil? ******.

So many ******. Fuck off and focus on your own miserable clubs and miserable lives.

I hope Emery smashes it at the Villa!

Apologies. My language is appalling.

Class ;D

I believe drink has been taken in Tokyo. :)
No not our Axl. He, I believe can be added to that teetotal list on Politics thread, Sunak, Trump, Hitler, Bin Laden....HONEST.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #452 on: October 25, 2022, 04:53:34 PM »
48 minutes ago
Kebab Warrior
Just doesn't shut up
JoinedAug 26, 2019
Messages3,261
Reaction score8,003
Alex Rae The Substitute said:
No outstanding candidate. Villa have absolutely pulled Shi’s trousers down and are stood there laughing at his member.
It’s a full prison shower bumming
Haha Reactions:Starsky and Clipboard

He has put far too much effort into imagining that multi-pronged sexual assault metaphor.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #453 on: October 25, 2022, 04:58:36 PM »
Aston Villa: Why Unai Emery has returned to Premier League

Guilem  Balague on the BBC Sport website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63381575
Great article by very well respected Journalist

I like the comment at the end about instilling in his teams the belief they can beat anyone on their day. We desperately need that mentality in the club and remove the soft touch image that’s hung around us, probably since O’Neill left.

Danks did it on Sunday.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #454 on: October 25, 2022, 05:01:30 PM »
Unai's departing letter to Villareal is a thing of beauty. He was extremely happy there and regarding us, “In the last few days I have been thinking carefully about what my decision should be. The farewell is hard and difficult, but I feel that I must start a new project."

Bollox, here's the whole thing..

Villarreal has been my home for the last two and a half years – my home, not my club. I have nothing to point out, thanks to the Board, with a great project, to the players and fans for their loyalty and fidelity.

“In the last few days I have been thinking carefully about what my decision should be. The farewell is hard and difficult, but I feel that I must start a new project. I will never forget that night in Gdansk when we touched the sky (Europa League final wins Manchester United in 2021). Neither Turin, Munich or Bergamo.

“Believe me, the best thing was coming to work every morning happy, knowing that I was in a place where I fully fit in and felt respected. On July 27, 2020, in my presentation, I said that my dream was to win a title with Villarreal. Today, having fulfilled it, I can tell the fans, the club and my players that what I would not have dreamed of is that I would be as happy as I was with you.”

Offline Rory

« Reply #455 on: October 25, 2022, 05:04:45 PM »
Unai's departing letter to Villareal is a thing of beauty. He was extremely happy there and regarding us, “In the last few days I have been thinking carefully about what my decision should be. The farewell is hard and difficult, but I feel that I must start a new project."

Villarreal has been my home for the last two and a half years – my home, not my club. I have nothing to point out, thanks to the Board, with a great project, to the players and fans for their loyalty and fidelity.

“In the last few days I have been thinking carefully about what my decision should be. The farewell is hard and difficult, but I feel that I must start a new project. I will never forget that night in Gdansk when we touched the sky (Europa League final wins Manchester United in 2021). Neither Turin, Munich or Bergamo.

“Believe me, the best thing was coming to work every morning happy, knowing that I was in a place where I fully fit in and felt respected. On July 27, 2020, in my presentation, I said that my dream was to win a title with Villarreal. Today, having fulfilled it, I can tell the fans, the club and my players that what I would not have dreamed of is that I would be as happy as I was with you.”

The man's a poet.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #456 on: October 25, 2022, 05:06:15 PM »

The man's a poet.

But, but he pronounces evening a bit funny!

Offline Rory

« Reply #457 on: October 25, 2022, 05:09:46 PM »

The man's a poet.

But, but he pronounces evening a bit funny!

So did his predecessor 😉 and so would I, by the standards of most of the cockney media.

(I know you were being ironic, by the way!)

Offline Drummond

« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2022, 05:12:56 PM »
This feels right. He's a decent man, who gets on well with everyone. Serious as they come but with a sense of humour. Gives people a chance (see his 23 yr old coach and the young players he's brought through) and has been successful everywhere, winning stuff that we have been dreaming of for a long, long time.

Our owners have pulled a blinder.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #459 on: October 25, 2022, 05:13:02 PM »
He's a Basque, Risso, what do you expect. ;) You should see them drink wine, whole glass down in one shot!

I think the most important line in here, at leas for us is "Believe me, the best thing was coming to work every morning happy, knowing that I was in a place where I fully fit in and felt respected." As mentioned before, away from the London media spotlight will do him and us the world of good. Let him focus on what he does best by providing a bullshit free environment.

Offline Risso

« Reply #460 on: October 25, 2022, 05:14:57 PM »
He's a Basque, Risso, what do you expect. ;) You should see them drink wine, whole glass down in one shot!

Sounds like our sort of chap!

Offline Drummond

« Reply #461 on: October 25, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »

Sounds like our sort of chap!

I didn't realise I was Basque.....

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2022, 05:18:43 PM »
The decency of the man is giving me a Sir Graham vibe.

Offline Herman

« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2022, 05:34:53 PM »
No goals, zero win ratio, Emery out

Offline Risso

« Reply #464 on: October 25, 2022, 05:35:54 PM »
No goals, zero win ratio, Emery out

Unbeaten, yet to concede a goal, time for a new contract!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal