collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Pre-Match  (Read 21492 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Nottingham Forest vs Aston Villa Pre-Match
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2022, 10:19:25 AM »
Is it an H&V record to moan about team news two days before a game? I remember the days when we waited for the line up an hour before kick off.

Journalist provides some information about Villa, Villa fans on messageboard react to it. Scandalous behaviour. Maybe we should all just not post at all between games?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2022, 11:53:56 AM »
You're a whinging bunch of bastards though, be honest. Your enjoyment comes in being moany about this that and t'other. Not shitting the bed at 3 at the back looks like Churchillian tiggerish optimism.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »
Not really, I much prefer it when we are winning loads of games and playing scintillating football. But each to their own.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2022, 12:13:30 PM »
I don't have a problem with three at the back per se. I have absolutely no faith in Gerrard as a coach/manager though. As ever, delighted to be wrong on this.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2022, 12:17:31 PM »
Three at the back did bring us our most successful period since the 90’s, when it worked it was fantastic to watch, If it works I’m all for it. It may just save Gerrard’s job or it might be the final nail as it seems to be for Smith last season.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2022, 12:27:24 PM »
Three at the back did bring us our most successful period since the 90’s, when it worked it was fantastic to watch, If it works I’m all for it. It may just save Gerrard’s job or it might be the final nail as it seems to be for Smith last season.

All those years ago, Graham Taylor stumbled on to a formation that worked for him.  It might just do the same for Gerrard.  The problem is with the forward players though as they are not gelling at all.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
I'm torn with 5 at the back. The current 4-3-3 is defensively very solid but is severely lacking in the final third as he just cannot get the mix and flow right hence lack of goals.

If we are looking at 5 at the back then I'm not sure how that fixes the initial problem of not scoring enough goals, unless he's going for the Southgate-esque 5-2-3 formation in which case it will probably fail miserably. I just don't see us having the quality to dominate a game playing 3-4-3 either.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2022, 02:24:09 PM »
What could possibly go wrong?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2022, 03:22:26 PM »
Is it an H&V record to moan about team news two days before a game? I remember the days when we waited for the line up an hour before kick off.
Calm down dear.
All forums about any matter are moaning board. Complaining and moaning is the sustenance that keeps discussions alive. Rationality is the enemy.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2022, 03:25:01 PM »
I suppose at least he’s willing to try something a bit different because one thing we’ve learned from the last ten months the system with the fullbacks bombing and midfielders becoming fullbacks is shit.
If so,  some would say he doesn't know what he's doing. I may , reluctantly, have to agree with that.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2022, 03:32:18 PM »
I'm torn with 5 at the back. The current 4-3-3 is defensively very solid but is severely lacking in the final third as he just cannot get the mix and flow right hence lack of goals.

If we are looking at 5 at the back then I'm not sure how that fixes the initial problem of not scoring enough goals, unless he's going for the Southgate-esque 5-2-3 formation in which case it will probably fail miserably. I just don't see us having the quality to dominate a game playing 3-4-3 either.

If we are solid defensively with 433 , there really isn't any logic that supports adding another (limited) defender like Chambers or Bednarek into the team will make us any better with the ball. This will be the final rock Gerrard perishes on if he goes down this route.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2022, 04:25:11 PM »
Sir Graham's five at the back was helped by two world-class midfielders in Platt and Cowans. Brian Little's five had a perfectly balanced midfield in front of it and two quality wing-backs. I don't see any of that in the current squad.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2022, 05:06:08 PM »
I suppose at least he’s willing to try something a bit different because one thing we’ve learned from the last ten months the system with the fullbacks bombing and midfielders becoming fullbacks is shit.
If so,  some would say he doesn't know what he's doing. I may , reluctantly, have to agree with that.

I know what you mean, it’s really me being hopeful than having any faith in him.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2022, 05:10:13 PM »
I was listening to part of the Chelsea game in the car earlier and they mentioned that half way through the first half Chelsea switched from 4 to 3 at the back. Good players who are well coached can do this if needed. I’m not sure that applies to us currently.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2022, 05:18:58 PM »
If the ambition is now stay in the PL then Steve Gerrard and 5 at the back is where we are at.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal