collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Let them eat... anything  (Read 7295 times)

Offline trinityoap

Re: Let them eat... anything
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2022, 03:09:38 PM »
We know what happened to Paisley's "Never".(Not that that was a bad thing)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2022, 03:25:17 PM »
Surely they could get a consultant in from a company that deals with catering at major events to sort out the various issues,
There are plenty of event catering companies but Villa have hired a firm that are delivering at the lowest end of the spectrum.
Someone should get fired.

Just had a quick look and our catering suppliers are Compass Contract Services (UK) Limited who are major players. One of their subsidiaries is Levy UK who have the catering contract for Villa Park from corporate to 'Retail'.

https://levy.co.uk/where-we-do-it/sport/aston-villa/

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2022, 03:28:20 PM »
Definitely not a lowest end of the spectrum firm.

All catering suppliers across many spaces are having huge issues in recruiting,  retention and supply chain, after suffering massive losses during the pandemic.  It is no excuse,  but as ever there is context. They should have been prepared.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2022, 04:32:02 PM »

All catering suppliers across many spaces are having huge issues in recruiting,  retention and supply chain, after suffering massive losses during the pandemic.  It is no excuse,  but as ever there is context. They should have been prepared.

Doesn’t change the fact their processes are fundamentally flawed in terms of their ability to serve people quickly and efficiently, as others have mentioned - Pre-poured pints, bottled beer kiosks etc. It’s almost like they haven’t twigged we now get 42,000 every game.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »
Another one in a long list of reasons for knocking the whole thing down and starting again somewhere else.
I agree with this.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2022, 07:40:32 AM »
Another one in a long list of reasons for knocking the whole thing down and starting again somewhere else.
I agree with this.

Id rather abandon my pre and half time pint, or put up with the shite service that move to a souless bowl from VP. Its our heritage and what we are.

Just pre pour the bloody pints please!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2022, 08:00:51 AM »

The delivery is without doubt at the lowest end of the Spectrum and Compass have operating businesses that supply every market segment, from high end corporate events  to very basic catering.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2022, 08:21:21 AM »
I don't think we should be knocking down Villa Park just because the catering and public transport needs improving.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2022, 08:26:53 AM »

Then you go and say something stupid like knocking the whole thing down and starting somewhere else In my best Ian Paisley voice...Never! Never! Never

Don't even care. Crap stands, terrible facilities, shit transport and general access, nothing in the local area, no parking. Apart from that though, it's great.

Blimey, has Wilma nicked your phone?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2022, 08:47:42 AM »
I suppose it is my age but I really see no unbearable hardship or even inconvenience in lasting two hours without feeding or drinking.  Our core values are those of an historic, proud, vibrant football club.  Beating ourselves up because we can't get a balti pie at the correct temperature at half time inside the stadium is demeaning.  In my opinion.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2022, 08:53:32 AM »
I am a traditionalist, Villa Park is synonymous with supporting The Villa for me.
I won’t ever go to some identikit stadium at the NEC or some other soulless area just because I can get a cappuccino and a Danish pastry in less than 10 minutes.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2022, 09:08:17 AM »
I don't think we should be knocking down Villa Park just because the catering and public transport needs improving.

Well there’s also the bigger issue of 50% of the stands not being fit for purpose, with the other two also requiring work.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2022, 09:10:06 AM »
I suppose it is my age but I really see no unbearable hardship or even inconvenience in lasting two hours without feeding or drinking.  Our core values are those of an historic, proud, vibrant football club.  Beating ourselves up because we can't get a balti pie at the correct temperature at half time inside the stadium is demeaning.  In my opinion.

Yes, that's the only reason, obviously. FFS.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »
I am a traditionalist, Villa Park is synonymous with supporting The Villa for me.
I won’t ever go to some identikit stadium at the NEC or some other soulless area just because I can get a cappuccino and a Danish pastry in less than 10 minutes.

Well said

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2022, 09:50:29 AM »
If we can't handle a rush on beers and pies at half time, I wouldn't fancy our chances of creating a state of the art stadium.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal