collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton Post Match Thread.  (Read 19626 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Aston Villa V Everton Post Match Thread.
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2022, 08:47:09 AM »
There was everything that is good and bad about Watkins yesterday. Tireless running, but when clear through on goal, he mucks it up, as he often does.

You did immediately spring to mind when he controlled that long ball brilliantly with his head in the first few minutes. I give him a break with that chance near the end as he'd gone up and down the pitch about three times without stopping before it came to him.

He was excellent yesterday, no ifs or buts for me.

For your part, Ings must have impressed you for once  ;)

He did, it was a superb finish too. Still feel he's a bit too easy to to knock off the ball but they both worked well together which is nice too.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2022, 09:30:49 AM »
Thought we did okay overall, but our defending from corners and free kicks needs to be sorted

When they brought on Number 8, he bullied us and made a real difference for them in the final 15 minutes

Buendia showed more in the last half an hour than Coutinho did whilst he was on the pitch, yet to see a world class player in any of his performances.

Offline steamer

« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2022, 10:45:21 AM »
I thought Coady had a decent game for them
Why would Wolves let him go on loan ?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2022, 10:47:34 AM »
I thought Coady had a decent game for them
Why would Wolves let him go on loan ?

They have moved to a back 4.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2022, 10:49:55 AM »
Also someone mentioned the club were charging 90p for tap water. I didn't notice that though.

https://www.popall.co.uk/news-publications/news/another-article-on-free-drinking-water

It’s illegal for licences premises to charge for tap water so I sincerely hope this isn’t true.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2022, 11:51:20 AM »
Also someone mentioned the club were charging 90p for tap water. I didn't notice that though.

https://www.popall.co.uk/news-publications/news/another-article-on-free-drinking-water

It’s illegal for licences premises to charge for tap water so I sincerely hope this isn’t true.
I kind of hope it is true. The clueless catering company in charge of matchdays need to be outed. They are utterly useless and I am hoping that an inquiry is set up with a view to tearing up the contract that someone equally useless at their job has signed off on behalf of AVFC.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2022, 05:27:25 PM »

I kind of hope it is true. The clueless catering company in charge of matchdays need to be outed. They are utterly useless and I am hoping that an inquiry is set up with a view to tearing up the contract that someone equally useless at their job has signed off on behalf of AVFC.
believe the contract is run by someone called Rodney and Delboy

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2022, 05:44:14 PM »

believe the contract is run by someone called Rodney and Delboy

You mean T.I.T

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2022, 06:36:16 PM »

I knew I'd seen it somewhere else.
https://twitter.com/kerrylynn21/status/1558478957598674945?t=yK337d3zjif7hpJtxMGcJg&s=19

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2022, 07:14:00 PM »
I don't think I have ever been to a match on a day as hot as Saturday.

I was right at the back of the Holte End and although I consider myself to be in decent shape I was genuinely short of breath by the time I reached my seat!

I think we deserved the 3 points, although we did look shaky at the back at times.

Great finish from Ings and it goes without saying that Buendia was an improvement on Coutinho and him coming on changed the game.

Palace next week, we go again!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2022, 08:25:51 PM »
If that tap water thing is true, that's disgraceful

Hope it isn't true

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2022, 10:47:59 AM »
If that tap water thing is true, that's disgraceful

Hope it isn't true

They offered me a glass of tap water for free as my lad wanted a bottle, but he had a bottle of Coke instead. Not sure it was policy to charge or just someone being a deickhead.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2022, 12:10:57 AM »
Much improved performance, though we were hanging on at the end.

Bouba, Ramsey and Emi 2 were the stand-outs for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal