collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton Post Match Thread.  (Read 19617 times)

Offline Simon Page

Re: Aston Villa V Everton Post Match Thread.
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2022, 12:07:51 PM »
I like winning.

Aside from that, harder than it might have been but it's early season. I think this squad could be very good so, as much as the results, I'm looking forward to them getting into the season and enjoying themselves a bit. It will be nice to see them off the leash. No expectations on where we'll finish, just hoping for some fun along the way.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »
They were sharper after Dele Alli came on but didn’t deserve that goal, made for a very nervy last 10.

How Steven can leave Emi out now is beyond me.

Alli very much what used to be a Villa type signing......file under R Barkley

I'd completely forgotten Dele Alli existed.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2022, 12:50:54 PM »
Not much to add apart from the fact that Buendia transforms the side when he's on the pitch.

I'd start him and bring Coutinho on if he's not firing.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2022, 01:06:26 PM »
anyone catch match of the day, completely different game to the one I saw.
Had the same feeling.A two goal margin would not have flattered us but a MOTD viewer would have thought Everton were unlucky.
But to be fair to the editor it was not a match before Everton equaliser. Before that it was routine win for the slightly better team on the day. Excitement for general viewer only came about in the last 5 mins plus injury time and we unwittingly played a big part in that.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2022, 01:24:53 PM »
Quite pleased that Sweet Caroline has been ditched in favour of Hi Ho Silver Lining for the post-victory song of choice as well.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2022, 01:28:35 PM »
I knew we were going to be ok as soon as Soloman Rondon came on for them.

Online Paul.S

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2022, 01:30:14 PM »
I thought Everton were unlucky in their first game against Chelsea. We’ve turned them over and should’ve won by a few more and the performance was much better. We won’t get the plaudits but I was happy that we are improving. This squad won’t get us to 7th or above though without a few additions so as a current mid table side I’d say yesterday was a good win.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2022, 01:33:49 PM »

‘We’re losing - how can we change the game? I know - we’ll bring on Solomon Rondon and Dele Alli.’ Lol

Offline Risso

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2022, 01:59:24 PM »
What has happened to Dele Alli? I used to think he was a cracking player. Four or five very good years at Spurs when he was a reliable 1 goal in 3-4 games attacking midfielder to the absolute nothing player he is now. And he's still only 26.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2022, 02:00:35 PM »

‘We’re losing - how can we change the game? I know - we’ll bring on Solomon Rondon and Dele Alli.’ Lol

I thought the same, plus no can lose to a team that has a minefield of Iwobi in it.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2022, 02:16:30 PM »

I thought the same, plus no can lose to a team that has a minefield of Iwobi in it.

If he was our player I’d put him in the bomb squad.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2022, 02:36:09 PM »
What has happened to Dele Alli? I used to think he was a cracking player. Four or five very good years at Spurs when he was a reliable 1 goal in 3-4 games attacking midfielder to the absolute nothing player he is now. And he's still only 26.

Yeah it’s very weird. I’ve got a recollection of a few injuries potentially hampering him.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »

Yeah it’s very weird. I’ve got a recollection of a few injuries potentially hampering him.

I was saying after the game, 3-4 years ago I'd have given anything for him, was trying to think of another player that has tailed off so dramatically well before hitting his peak years.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2022, 02:49:44 PM »

He turned into a pirate, sailing the high seas pillaging and plundering, looking for buried treasure took his focus away from football.

Offline Risso

« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2022, 02:50:34 PM »

I was saying after the game, 3-4 years ago I'd have given anything for him, was trying to think of another player that has tailed off so dramatically well before hitting his peak years.

David Bentley?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal