collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match  (Read 23745 times)

Online edgysatsuma89

Re: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2022, 03:09:38 PM »
I'd go with:

Martinez

Cash
Chambers
Carlos
Digne

Kamara
Not McGinn

Not McGinn
Not McGinn
Buendia

Toss a coin

All I know is I can't stand Fat Frank so I'm hoping for the best.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2022, 03:10:28 PM »
Uh oh, there’s been the traditional ’good response’ in training this week. 0-3 then.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2022, 03:19:08 PM »
Surprisingly, my season ticket realise still hasn’t sold. I’d have thought that would have been snapped up my now.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2022, 03:19:18 PM »
Uh oh, there’s been the traditional ’good response’ in training this week. 0-3 then.

Ha! It's the 'we go again' kiss of death I fear.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2022, 03:30:48 PM »
Worst pre-match presser ever. "How important is it to bounce-back?" How good would it be if Villa Park was a fortress?" "You and Lamps, must bring back memories of playing together?"
"Yeah but how good has Leon Bailey looked in pre-season?"    Just fcuk right off and ask searching questions that aren't leading or lazy...

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »
Surprisingly, my season ticket realise still hasn’t sold. I’d have thought that would have been snapped up my now.
It's a scam.Happened to me several times last season

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2022, 03:34:59 PM »
Think we will actually turn up this week and beat Everton

Offline Dr_Fegg

• GM : 09.08.2015
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2022, 03:41:00 PM »
Late post but I now have to work tomorrow and have 2 tickets available.

Aston Villa v Everton   A6   Y   202   Adult   £39.50      
Aston Villa v Everton   A6   Y   203   Adult   £39.50      

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2022, 04:26:52 PM »

Maybe 35 degree temperatures and a rail strike is putting off people who have not already committed to goin.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2022, 05:20:58 PM »

The club sell there own before selling those of season pass holders,happened to me also.
There were seats in upper Trinity unsold so my in demand Holte End seat was not put for sale because there were empty seats in the Trinity/Doug upper . It's a disgrace but no surprise with how we operate now

Online Skerra

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2022, 05:21:06 PM »
All the omens look hunky dory. Playing at home, training has gone really well. The players want to show what they’re really capable of. Everton don’t have any strikers…
Obviously, result will be 1-1 at best, bearing in mind that Bournemouth were woefully short of players etc.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2022, 06:16:30 PM »

The club sell there own before selling those of season pass holders,happened to me also.
There were seats in upper Trinity unsold so my in demand Holte End seat was not put for sale because there were empty seats in the Trinity/Doug upper . It's a disgrace but no surprise with how we operate now

It's not really though, is it? You could have a situation where 'fans' take advantage and snap up season tickets just to get tickets for the 'big' matches, but resell the less glamourous fixtures (*as is the case with a large portion of the Villa away fans who have pretty much created a closed shop by doing so!).

It's in the club's best interests to maximise matchday revenue - They're not going achieve that if they prioritise reselling season tickets over empty seats.

Personally, I think it's great that they even give fans the option of reselling individual matches from a season ticket. Fans know the risk of not being able to attend games when they put their money down - It's the price you have to pay for being guaranteed a seat to every game imo (*not inc. last minute fixture changes, which ARE a bit shit!).

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 06:36:19 PM by Nii Lamptey »

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2022, 06:20:00 PM »
Love the positivity but worry we are falling into the same trap we did last weekend. Everton played pretty well considering injuries / opposition last weekend, and will be boosted by signings this week - got a feeling they will bully us (they are bigger than us), with 5 at the back will let us have possession but challenge us to create (which we woefully failed at last weekend), and will look to get goals from set pieces (again a perennial problem for us). And the weather will suit them more than us - we have to take the initiative and speed up the play.

It will be a tight game - maybe one goal - I fear for us because our lack of creativity, physicality, and pace  have been fundamental problems for some time now.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2022, 06:42:32 PM »

It's not really though, is it? You could have a situation where 'fans' take advantage and snap up season tickets just to get tickets for the 'big' matches, but resell the less glamourous fixtures (*as is the case with a large portion of the Villa away fans who have pretty much created a closed shop by doing so!).

It's in the club's best interests to maximise matchday revenue - They're not going achieve that if they prioritise reselling season tickets over empty seats.

Personally, I think it's great that they even give fans the option of reselling individual matches from a season ticket. Fan's know the risk of not being able to attend games when they put their money down - It's the price you have to pay for being guaranteed a seat to every game imo (*not inc. last minute fixture changes, which ARE a bit shit!).

I agree with that completely.  Just to add, I was really pleasantly surprised last season when the day before a game (v Watford) the ticket office refunded me the money I'd paid for a ticket, as a train strike prevented me (or at least very much deterred me) from travelling.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2022, 06:45:59 PM »
There was talk not long ago of outsourcing resales to a firm that were basically glorified touts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal