collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match  (Read 23607 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Aston Villa v Everton Pre Match
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2022, 07:12:04 PM »
All the omens look hunky dory. Playing at home, training has gone really well. The players want to show what they’re really capable of.

Then Gerrard picks the team.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2022, 09:01:27 PM »
No more midfield like the last game under Smith please Gerrard. Structure, structure, structure.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2022, 10:15:04 PM »
I've a feeling we could see some matches cancelled tomorrow.  This heat is starting to seem unsafe. It would make sense to move the kick off until the Evening for all fixtures

In the Mexico World Cup 1986, the opening game was nearly called off due to very hot weather.

Said no one ever.
Very good👏

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2022, 11:01:42 PM »
Clapping emoji or the beginnings of a mexicanwave?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2022, 07:42:44 AM »
Coutinho and Buendia need to start when teams want to pack their defence against us. Traore can twist and turn too......

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2022, 07:44:38 AM »
Narrowing the midfield is what we should have done last week. I'm in favour of them being nominal 10s, as long as one drops deep so we get overloads at 8 inside for that width at full back.

Of the 200 returns from the other day, there's 10 left. Mad dogs and Villa fans come out in the midday sun.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 07:46:26 AM by Ads »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2022, 08:40:15 AM »
For once im glad its an early kick off, anticipation and nervous excitement too much to be hanging about till this afternoon, match day build up starts now, cmon the lads!!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »
Surprisingly, my season ticket realise still hasn’t sold. I’d have thought that would have been snapped up my now.

Maybe 35 degree temperatures and a rail strike is putting off people who have not already committed to goin.

Met Office are still predicting 28º to 31º during the game. They'll be water breaks for the players and I'm expecting plenty of subs being used, Buendia replacing Coutinho on 65 minutes being the first. Enjoy your half time piping hot cup of Bovril, Chris.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2022, 09:03:13 AM »
Surprisingly, my season ticket realise still hasn’t sold. I’d have thought that would have been snapped up my now.

Maybe 35 degree temperatures and a rail strike is putting off people who have not already committed to goin.

Met Office are still predicting 28º to 31º during the game. They'll be water breaks for the players and I'm expecting plenty of subs being used, Buendia replacing Coutinho on 65 minutes being the first. Enjoy your half time piping hot cup of Bovril, Chris.

The only time we get a half time beer these days is if we concede a few minutes before the whistle and one of the youths storms off in temper to get them in. Otherwise the scrum at the bar and inexperienced agency staff make it more trouble that it’s worth for a pint of tasteless yellow stuff.

Offline yammers

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2022, 09:04:28 AM »
In all the years I’ve gone to the Villa, I have never taken food or drink inside (always been lazy and purchased inside) but with the weather today I was thinking about bringing a water bottle for the boy, what are the actual rules regarding this? Can’t seem to find anything on the website.
It’s a clear bottle with a screw top that carries a litre.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2022, 09:17:12 AM »
If its your own bottle, in a bag, you'll be fine.

Offline yammers

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2022, 09:34:40 AM »

Cheers Drummond!

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2022, 10:02:01 AM »
Due to the rail strike I had the pleasure of experiencing going though Sheldon for the first time. Quite the delight, the travelodge was a particular highlight

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2022, 11:07:42 AM »
Was Howard the famous Halifax Building Society manager (Sheldon branch) anywhere to be seen Ger?

Offline Joe S

• GM : 09.05.2024
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2022, 11:24:18 AM »

Cheers Drummond!

Good to hear. We were saying a while ago that there needs to be a step change from all these venues and their allowance on bringing a bottle. In the last few years we've taken to using those refillable metal bottles on our travels and they are surprisingly brilliant. When we pop into London, it's a piece of piss to refill them and carry on about our business. Even the boozers will top them up etc.

We're off to Newbury Races shortly, they are allowing you to bring x1 sealed bottle in because of the heat - which leans itself to only allowing disposable bottles. Unfortunately it's not practical to enjoy the day carrying a bottle so we'll be trying to snaffle a glass of water between beers, but that won't be easy. The sealed thing though does seem a joke, as it would at face value deny you use of a refillable and add to the plastic issue. I can however see part of the logic as all the hard of thinking idiots would be bringing in 500ml of vodka each if not sealed.

Back on topic: Please just win Villa, it would enhance my day tremendously if you could not be shit again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal