collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bournemouth vs Aston Villa pre match thread  (Read 18780 times)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Bournemouth vs Aston Villa pre match thread
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2022, 01:51:00 AM »
1-1 Mings

Do you reckon he'll play, Drummond? Just catching up with the weekend football and noticed Mings wasn't in France?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2022, 04:03:03 AM »
I hope Buendia gets a start, one of the better players pre- season, somehow I don't believe Gerrard rates him as high as I do.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2022, 06:25:45 AM »
2-0 to Villa  don’t care who scores them. I have a good feeling about this season

Offline sid1964

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2022, 09:29:22 AM »
We need to make a strong start to the season - first 4 games are all winnable

2-0 to the Villa

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
3-0 Villa - Bailey to open early, Watkins and Archer with the others late in each half.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2022, 10:06:12 AM »
2-0 to Bournemouth. Risso to start the Gerrard out thread at 5:01. ;-)

More seriously I think a tight 1-0 win for us, Bailey to score.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2022, 10:11:24 AM »
1-1 Mings

Do you reckon he'll play, Drummond? Just catching up with the weekend football and noticed Mings wasn't in France?

Yep, and he'll be well up for it too, former club, our former captain, etc. He'll be at fault for our goal too, leading to calls for him to be dropped.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2022, 11:43:26 AM »
2-2

A somewhat pathetic start to the match, with newly promoted Bournemouth high on being back in the big time. A bit of a fight back before half time time with one goal just before. A tremendous second half led by Leon Bailey and an equaliser mid way through. Continued bombardment with a couple of easy chances missed late on.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2022, 11:45:02 AM »
1-1 Mings

Yep, and he'll be well up for it too, former club, our former captain, etc. He'll be at fault for our goal too, leading to calls for him to be dropped.

Ha!

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2022, 12:08:20 PM »
2-0 Villa. The Rennes game wasn’t the best but believe me it was hot. Bit of a tedious game and there were a few traits from last season we need to get rid of but we are slowly developing that ‘will to win’ mentality. For me, we need another central midfielder to push into a European place because one of those traits was a failure to keep the ball and dictate play. We will be better than last season and will have too much for Bournemouth.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
Parker has been getting his excuses in early I see. We should be absolutely funeralling these no marks, 4-0 please.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2022, 12:26:26 PM »
Biggest certainty of the year...…..Villa @6/5 fill your boots. It could be 3 or 4 nil.

There's never any certainty when it comes to AVFC. We got spanked by a Tom Cleverley inspired Watford in the first game last season let's not forget. A dirty 1-0 win would be a great start.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2022, 12:49:35 PM »
2-0 Villa. The Rennes game wasn’t the best but believe me it was hot. Bit of a tedious game and there were a few traits from last season we need to get rid of but we are slowly developing that ‘will to win’ mentality. For me, we need another central midfielder to push into a European place because one of those traits was a failure to keep the ball and dictate play. We will be better than last season and will have too much for Bournemouth.
For me a top is striker more of a pressing need. I'm losing patience with Ollies wastefulness and I'm not convinced Ings will ever ruffle the nets again on a regular basis. Archer has huge potential but it seems the club aren't convinced he's quite ready.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2022, 12:52:55 PM »
Biggest certainty of the year...…..Villa @6/5 fill your boots. It could be 3 or 4 nil.

There's never any certainty when it comes to AVFC. We got spanked by a Tom Cleverley inspired Watford in the first game last season let's not forget. A dirty 1-0 win would be a great start.

We'd had a disrupted pre-season, had lost Grealish, and Dean Smith didn't know how to fit the replacements in. This summer we've got our transfers done early, haven't lost anybody of note and everybody is fit. No excuses.

Offline villainabroad

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2022, 12:53:08 PM »
We should win, but after Watford last year, I'm not taking anything for granted. Confidence could come or go very quickly depending on what happens early doors.

I feel positive about Bailey and about Carlos, but our plan from last season doesn't really seem to have changed from what I saw of pre-season... our midfield, even with Kamara, doesn't seem to have the dynamism it should on paper. Thank God Bailey's looking on form. If only SG would give Buendia a go instead of Coutinho (I guess he'll get 20 mins at the end). I think it would do more for the team, whereas Coutinho more likely to do something exceptional every now and then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal