collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Goldenballs
[Today at 09:42:45 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:36:48 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:32:20 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:28:43 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280047 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3435 on: January 09, 2024, 05:28:03 PM »
Paul is right. He's here to make more money for the club and he's doing it in numbers the club hasn't done before.

We're in a ludicrous position of challenging for the title, with the richest non-state backed owners, yet we can't chuck millions at the tilt because we are capped by our piddling income. Heck will and is fixing that.

But he isn't. He's squeezing a bit more short term income out and ignoring the effects of having a much bigger North Stand with greatly improved corporate facilities in two stands in two years time, and the big effect that would have on revenue forever thereafter.

We've got stupidly rich owners as you say. They can spend what they like on doing up the ground without getting into any sort of FFP strife. If as you seem to think, they're going to build a new stand elsewhere in Birmingham, then we're probably looking at a minimum of 8-10 years to get that. If they want to knock down Villa Park and start again, depending on how they do it, then probably a minimum of 5 years, with a couple of years of playing elsewhere. To get a stadium much bigger than the 52K the new North would have given us is difficult though because of the Witton Lane housing situation. If they did go down the route of buying up all the houses, whether the residents agreed or were forced to sell, that would extend the process still further.

Either way, we're stuck with a 42K seater stadium for the medium term, with most of the facilities not being fit for purpose. But at least the club shop is going to double its footprint I suppose.

And with a new North Stand we're still left with most of the facilities unfit for purpose and 8000 extra seats barely touching the sides.

You can't have a new North and a new stadium. I'd prefer to have patience and wait for the better option.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3436 on: January 09, 2024, 05:42:42 PM »

A friend came up with these (amongst otherrs). He could have saved them millions 😂
This is amazing. However, it's missing that lamppost that's supposedly a crucial part of our history, so if he wouldn't mind shoehorning that in then posting it to Chris Heck...

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3437 on: January 09, 2024, 06:14:58 PM »
But you have to think he’s not doing this independently of them. I’m sure Nas and Wes want to get maximum exposure for us and a bigger ground for our supporters. So any decision Heck is making at him level isn’t being made behind the owners back. The badge, I mean maybe, but the ground is a major investment. That would be done with their sign off.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #3438 on: January 09, 2024, 06:22:23 PM »

A friend came up with these (amongst otherrs). He could have saved them millions 😂
This is amazing. However, it's missing that lamppost that's supposedly a crucial part of our history, so if he wouldn't mind shoehorning that in then posting it to Chris Heck...
Haha!
And it's why the stand alone would be so unfussy, classy, distinctive and dignified!
Like wot we all am! ;-)

Online Villan82

« Reply #3439 on: January 09, 2024, 06:24:42 PM »
But you have to think he’s not doing this independently of them. I’m sure Nas and Wes want to get maximum exposure for us and a bigger ground for our supporters. So any decision Heck is making at him level isn’t being made behind the owners back. The badge, I mean maybe, but the ground is a major investment. That would be done with their sign off.

They were all-in enough on the redevelopment to commission architects, waste the council's time, waffle on about transport infrastructure and post a video fly through on the official channels. Something has changed and it seems to have coincided wit the arrival of Mr Knows the value of nothing Heck

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3440 on: January 09, 2024, 06:56:01 PM »
Paul is right. He's here to make more money for the club and he's doing it in numbers the club hasn't done before.

We're in a ludicrous position of challenging for the title, with the richest non-state backed owners, yet we can't chuck millions at the tilt because we are capped by our piddling income. Heck will and is fixing that.

But he isn't. He's squeezing a bit more short term income out and ignoring the effects of having a much bigger North Stand with greatly improved corporate facilities in two stands in two years time, and the big effect that would have on revenue forever thereafter.

We've got stupidly rich owners as you say. They can spend what they like on doing up the ground without getting into any sort of FFP strife. If as you seem to think, they're going to build a new stand elsewhere in Birmingham, then we're probably looking at a minimum of 8-10 years to get that. If they want to knock down Villa Park and start again, depending on how they do it, then probably a minimum of 5 years, with a couple of years of playing elsewhere. To get a stadium much bigger than the 52K the new North would have given us is difficult though because of the Witton Lane housing situation. If they did go down the route of buying up all the houses, whether the residents agreed or were forced to sell, that would extend the process still further.

Either way, we're stuck with a 42K seater stadium for the medium term, with most of the facilities not being fit for purpose. But at least the club shop is going to double its footprint I suppose.

And with a new North Stand we're still left with most of the facilities unfit for purpose and 8000 extra seats barely touching the sides.

You can't have a new North and a new stadium. I'd prefer to have patience and wait for the better option.

I think you'll be waiting a very long time, and all the time you are waiting, we'll have a relatively small ground.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3441 on: January 09, 2024, 07:16:33 PM »
Holding on to the hope that the trademarked badge is high level subterfuge.
No chance.

Hopefully it will look better on the kit and the stand-alone lion will be more widely used.  I wish they had used this seasons lion though.

According to Bardell and Tanswell on their podcast, next year's kits are done, have been seen and they include the new badge.

Which means that the crest was designed a long time ago & adds credence to the complaint that their "consultation" was nothing more than very light lip service to the rules that they have to do it...

On one hand, I am hoping that the FA / Premier League, or whoever is in charge of those rules tell them that they have to revert back to the circle crest cos their "consultation" was obvious bullshit & the shirts have to be done again.

The only thing that Heck will understand when it comes to making fuck ups with the fans is when it hits the profit margin he can claim for his CV.

Maybe then, he wont be such an arrogant dismissive c**t when it comes to the fans in the future.

Thats if he keeps his job after this whole fucking debacle...

There is more chance of the PL investigating us as to whether Nas being shareholder in Adidas means we get an inflated deal than them looking at the lack of meaningful consultation over the crest IMHO

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #3442 on: January 09, 2024, 07:25:07 PM »
This was designed before they even did the survey wasn't it?

I hope this piece of shit isn't it, it looks like one of those magic eye puzzles.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3443 on: January 09, 2024, 08:39:27 PM »
There is more chance of the PL investigating us as to whether Nas being shareholder in Adidas means we get an inflated deal than them looking at the lack of meaningful consultation over the crest IMHO

Ha!

You are probably right there...

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #3444 on: January 09, 2024, 11:05:12 PM »
I like that badge, doesn’t feel like the lion is falling over backwards on the round one, and the drop shadow gives it a sense of motion, as if in a mid mauling

Online wince

« Reply #3445 on: January 10, 2024, 08:37:46 AM »
Looks like clip art to me.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3446 on: January 10, 2024, 08:42:16 AM »

Online KNVillan

• GM : 11,08,2024
« Reply #3447 on: January 10, 2024, 08:44:06 AM »
Here is a good article by Jacob Tanswell in The Athletic (I won't copy & paste as it's too long)

https://archive.ph/bHmWh

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #3448 on: January 10, 2024, 09:24:52 AM »
He's here to make more money for the club and he's doing it in numbers the club hasn't done before.

There is no proof of that.

You are assuming he will be succesful but it is clearly far too early to tell. He did well at 76ers, he failed at Red Bull.

Online Villan82

« Reply #3449 on: January 10, 2024, 09:26:38 AM »
Apparently Villa felt the round badge isn't in the villa tradition. We are a shield club.

Tell that to Dennis Mortimer. There is a growing disconnect isn't there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal