collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:20:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279675 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3405 on: January 09, 2024, 02:34:18 PM »
Is that red?
 Yellow was bad enough but red?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3406 on: January 09, 2024, 02:36:42 PM »
Holding on to the hope that the trademarked badge is high level subterfuge.
No chance.

Hopefully it will look better on the kit and the stand-alone lion will be more widely used.  I wish they had used this seasons lion though.

According to Bardell and Tanswell on their podcast, next year's kits are done, have been seen and they include the new badge.

Which means that the crest was designed a long time ago & adds credence to the complaint that their "consultation" was nothing more than very light lip service to the rules that they have to do it...

On one hand, I am hoping that the FA / Premier League, or whoever is in charge of those rules tell them that they have to revert back to the circle crest cos their "consultation" was obvious bullshit & the shirts have to be done again.

The only thing that Heck will understand when it comes to making fuck ups with the fans is when it hits the profit margin he can claim for his CV.

Maybe then, he wont be such an arrogant dismissive c**t when it comes to the fans in the future.

Thats if he keeps his job after this whole fucking debacle...

Yes, us likely selling more shirts than we've ever sold next year with a marquee sports brand and making more commercial income than we've ever generated is sure going to stick it to him.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3407 on: January 09, 2024, 02:42:03 PM »
Holding on to the hope that the trademarked badge is high level subterfuge.
No chance.

Hopefully it will look better on the kit and the stand-alone lion will be more widely used.  I wish they had used this seasons lion though.

According to Bardell and Tanswell on their podcast, next year's kits are done, have been seen and they include the new badge.

Which means that the crest was designed a long time ago & adds credence to the complaint that their "consultation" was nothing more than very light lip service to the rules that they have to do it...

On one hand, I am hoping that the FA / Premier League, or whoever is in charge of those rules tell them that they have to revert back to the circle crest cos their "consultation" was obvious bullshit & the shirts have to be done again.

The only thing that Heck will understand when it comes to making fuck ups with the fans is when it hits the profit margin he can claim for his CV.

Maybe then, he wont be such an arrogant dismissive c**t when it comes to the fans in the future.

Thats if he keeps his job after this whole fucking debacle...

Yes, us likely selling more shirts than we've ever sold next year with a marquee sports brand and making more commercial income than we've ever generated is sure going to stick it to him.

If they are already making the shirts but they have to go back & restart because they are told they cant use that new shit crest, it will cost extra money...

If that extra burden falls as Hecks responsibility, then good.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 02:44:12 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3408 on: January 09, 2024, 02:44:50 PM »
There's no prospect of that. 

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3409 on: January 09, 2024, 02:45:09 PM »
I can only think the new crest is designed to convince the audience it's the original from 1874. Wolff Olins must be shitting themselves.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3410 on: January 09, 2024, 02:45:19 PM »
I don't mind it. But I'm a bit weary of it all now.- If it's right, it's a badge, it's our badge and therefore it's the greatest one their is.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #3411 on: January 09, 2024, 02:46:45 PM »

You are probably right...

I just think that Heck is like Ellis.

He doesn't give a fuck about the fans unless it is affecting the profit numbers for his CV.

Offline Ads

« Reply #3412 on: January 09, 2024, 02:50:44 PM »
If we'd have been run this way since 1992, we wouldn't only be just gatecrashing the top 4. He's absolutely nothing like Ellis.

You're conflating being unhappy with certain things and your happiness equating to success or failure for Heck.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3413 on: January 09, 2024, 02:51:35 PM »

He doesn't give a fuck about the fans unless it is affecting the profit numbers for his CV.

To be fair his job is to only give a fuck about the profit numbers, that's what he's employed to improve.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3414 on: January 09, 2024, 02:55:59 PM »
I just don't understand the thinking behind it.

The original "consultation" from Purslow at least made some good points as to why a change was needed even if he did rig it to get the round one he wanted. As they said, it doesn't stand out, doesn't really work anywhere, whether on kit, buildings or digitally, and the colours are wrong.

I can even understand slightly Heck wanting to revisit it on his watch. But:

1) He said they were going to see how the new round badge was received. Has he actually done that? I don't especially like it that much, but it's a million times better than Heck's new one.
2) The new badge is a reworked version of the old badge, and as such, it still doesn't work. And they've actually made it worse, with it having bad spacing, bad fonts, rubbish wording in white, and that ridiculous drop shadow. That surely isn't going to work anywhere, even worse than before.
3) If it was a cost saving exercise, just stick with the Lerner one then. Why go to all that bother of changing something everywhere for a tweaked but shitter version of the old badge?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3415 on: January 09, 2024, 02:57:39 PM »

To be fair his job is to only give a fuck about the profit numbers, that's what he's employed to improve.

He's President of Business Operations, which covers more than just finances. Of course that's of paramount importance, but if he's going to stick his beak into everything, be nice if he got something right.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3416 on: January 09, 2024, 02:58:17 PM »

Another part of his job - or that of someone at the club - is to liaise with fans on things like crest redesigns - that's in the Premier League rules. He clearly hasn't done it.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #3417 on: January 09, 2024, 02:58:44 PM »
If we'd have been run this way since 1992, we wouldn't only be just gatecrashing the top 4. He's absolutely nothing like Ellis.

You're conflating being unhappy with certain things and your happiness equating to success or failure for Heck.

Heck has absolutely nothing to do with us gate-crashing the top four.

Completely different areas of the club & he has only been here for 6 months "getting his feet under the desk".

And you are probably right, I am unhappy with a lot that he has done in his short time here & I think he should have to answer for his decisions that affect fans, when he is in control of things such as our crest.

Which is why the FA have set up their new rules to protect the heritage of clubs, specifically stating crest changes that must go through a "thorough and extensive consultation process with supporters."

Offline Ads

« Reply #3418 on: January 09, 2024, 02:59:13 PM »
In terms of brand recognition, I've seen billboards of Manny Pacquiao wearing the shirt out in the Far East. Ollie Watkins, Mings and Yuri on taxis too.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3419 on: January 09, 2024, 02:59:27 PM »

He's President of Business Operations, which covers more than just finances. Of course that's of paramount importance, but if he's going to stick his beak into everything, be nice if he got something right.

I know there's more too it but if we see 10% growth in income in the next year no one at the club will think he's failed, regardless of how annoyed fans are with him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal