collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280155 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3195 on: January 04, 2024, 12:02:38 PM »
There's an article in the Birmingham Mail about it, says some members of the FAB have contacted the FA about the whole process saying the club didn't comply with the consultation rules enough, the club obviously say they have.

Isn't this something the Trust should be getting involved with?

It was the Trust who have contacted the FA

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3196 on: January 04, 2024, 12:05:07 PM »
There's an article in the Birmingham Mail about it, says some members of the FAB have contacted the FA about the whole process saying the club didn't comply with the consultation rules enough, the club obviously say they have.

Fucking hell. Some people really need to discover karaoke or masturbation or something.

Seems fair enough to me. If they care enough to go to these meetings, why wouldn't they then get involved if they see the club doing something that the majority of fans don't like, and are in breach of FA rules?

Offline Risso

« Reply #3197 on: January 04, 2024, 12:05:37 PM »

Isn't this something the Trust should be getting involved with?

It was the Trust who have contacted the FA

That's good then, thanks for the info.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3198 on: January 04, 2024, 12:06:10 PM »

Fucking hell. Some people really need to discover karaoke or masturbation or something.

I'd be keen to try both at the same time

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3199 on: January 04, 2024, 12:08:05 PM »

Beat me to it.

Actually that could be a strap line for the the venue.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 12:10:44 PM by LeeB »

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3200 on: January 04, 2024, 12:10:07 PM »

Not sure about this one. I mean an average song is like three and a half minutes? Impossibly long.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3201 on: January 04, 2024, 12:12:53 PM »

Seems fair enough to me. If they care enough to go to these meetings, why wouldn't they then get involved if they see the club doing something that the majority of fans don't like, and are in breach of FA rules?

I guess it's fine, but let's remember that none of this actually matters. Telling tales because the institution that YOU (not specifically you, Risso) decided to follow, to imagine is important, has designed a new badge without asking your permission, it all feels a bit silly.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Crest Revi
« Reply #3202 on: January 04, 2024, 12:18:45 PM »
Most people have highlighted the issues surrounding this new debacle.

* Cheap looking yellow on blue.
* 1995 drop shadow because the yellow is shit on blue.
* Incorrect placement of the name ASTON VILLA & 1874.
* Lerners old lion (because it is cheaper to keep this than the new lion as we wont have to change the lion around the training ground, etc).
* Two poor fonts used together.

Just all round piss poor design that takes all the bad parts of Lerners design & fucks them all up even more.

The only positive within it is the fact that we use the full name of our club.

But that is it.

The rest is piss poor.

This is our first introduction to the world when it comes to our branding & we come across as absolute rank amateurs.

So far, Chris Heck has had six months with his feet under the table, & all he appears to be doing is Doug Ellis style scaling back & trying to inflate his own personal "profit numbers" for his CV.

If after those six months of getting to know the club, THIS is what he feels represents Aston Villa Football Club, then he is in the wrong fucking job...

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3203 on: January 04, 2024, 12:21:50 PM »
The 90's drop shadow - which doesn't work in the modern digital world - is a nice touch too.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3204 on: January 04, 2024, 12:24:28 PM »
Most people have highlighted the issues surrounding this new debacle.

* Cheap looking yellow on blue.
* 1995 drop shadow because the yellow is shit on blue.
* Incorrect placement of the name ASTON VILLA & 1874.
* Lerners old lion (because it is cheaper to keep this than the new lion as we wont have to change the lion around the training ground, etc).
* Two poor fonts used together.

Just all round piss poor design that takes all the bad parts of Lerners design & fucks them all up even more.

The only positive within it is the fact that we use the full name of our club.

But that is it.

The rest is piss poor.

This is our first introduction to the world when it comes to our branding & we come across as absolute rank amateurs.

So far, Chris Heck has had six months with his feet under the table, & all he appears to be doing is Doug Ellis style scaling back & trying to inflate his own personal "profit numbers" for his CV.

If after those six months of getting to know the club, THIS is what he feels represents Aston Villa Football Club, then he is in the wrong fucking job...

Hear hear!

Offline Risso

« Reply #3205 on: January 04, 2024, 12:29:36 PM »
I guess it's fine, but let's remember that none of this actually matters. Telling tales because the institution that YOU (not specifically you, Risso) decided to follow, to imagine is important, has designed a new badge without asking your permission, it all feels a bit silly.

But that's precisely what the new 'asset' rules are there to protect, things like the name, the badge, kit colours etc.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3206 on: January 04, 2024, 12:30:43 PM »

But that's precisely what the new 'asset' rules are there to protect, things like the name, the badge, kit colours etc.

I know, I just don't get why anyone cares enough to be arsed with it all.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3207 on: January 04, 2024, 12:31:14 PM »
Wasn't there a presentation outlining why the Lerner badge needed to be updated? I'm sure it mentioned the lack of contrast in the yellow and blue as an issue...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3208 on: January 04, 2024, 12:32:05 PM »

I know, I just don't get why anyone cares enough to be arsed with it all.

Can we get back to wanking whilst singing please?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3209 on: January 04, 2024, 12:32:26 PM »
What does it really matter though? Our branding. Nobody is buying our tat or watching our games based on whether a badge is round or a shield or a lion faces this way or that. It's recognisable regardless because we're in the Premier League.

I dont really understand why we changed it to a round badge from Lerner's one, I don't really understand why we're bothering to change it back to broadly the same thing.

People are more likely to buy our tat globally if we're doing well in the league, which we are. So why? If its going to cost £12m to muck about with something that doesn't really impact anything of consequence, then fair enough, stick to the same thing and spend that £12m on Frimpong which makes it more likely that Takami in Tokyo buys our tat instead of somebody else's.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal