collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280168 times)

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #3135 on: January 03, 2024, 10:56:22 PM »
I do wonder ,  do all Villa fans get this upset with The badge and Stadium development situation as we do. here ? 

or are we overreacting compared to others forums

Do i need to chill a bit

Well the ones on Twitter are clueless most of the time.

I prefer this place because it's more in line with my own views.

The Twitter fans are the sort who clap Grealish, want the star, use phrases like Big 6 unironically. Generalising obviously cos there's a few of us on there too but that describes a large chunk of them.

There's a few I've seen who don't care about the crest because we're doing well on the pitch.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3136 on: January 03, 2024, 11:00:36 PM »
So I’ll put everybody down as ‘undecided’ then.

It's rare to see such unainimity on here, unless we're talking about our current manager.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #3137 on: January 03, 2024, 11:09:10 PM »
So I’ll put everybody down as ‘undecided’ then.

It's rare to see such unainimity on here, unless we're talking about our current manager.

What’s SUE like on photoshop?

Online KRS

« Reply #3138 on: January 03, 2024, 11:09:25 PM »
If part of Heck’s remit is to increase revenue and profitability including via merchandise, then this “rebrand” has totally missed the mark. I also fail to see how they think this would improve marketing, make us appear more modern and relevant, and make the brand more attractive commercially when it’s so similar or worse than what they’re trying to replace. They may as well just ditch this rebrand just as they have with the North Stand rebuild plans.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 11:12:18 PM by KRS »

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #3139 on: January 03, 2024, 11:11:28 PM »
Have to say, whatever the new crest looks like, Heck needs to get some grown ups to listen to, who could have told him applications to the IPO for trademarks are in the public domain, and there's no chance nobody sees it until he decides to unveil it.
Could this all be a ruse to make us think it's something else? Why, I've no idea, but having seen that abomination I really hope it's a smoke-screen for something else.

I'd love this to be true - put out something that it so bad, whatever they do next is a massive improvement.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3140 on: January 03, 2024, 11:18:21 PM »
Have to say, whatever the new crest looks like, Heck needs to get some grown ups to listen to, who could have told him applications to the IPO for trademarks are in the public domain, and there's no chance nobody sees it until he decides to unveil it.
Could this all be a ruse to make us think it's something else? Why, I've no idea, but having seen that abomination I really hope it's a smoke-screen for something else.

I'd love this to be true - put out something that it so bad, whatever they do next is a massive improvement.

Ah, The Danny Drinkwater Methodology.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3141 on: January 03, 2024, 11:23:33 PM »

Lol, this is what them lot down the road was saying yesterday about the Rooney appointment, like it was part of a master plan .

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3142 on: January 03, 2024, 11:24:35 PM »
As much as it ultimately doesn’t matter a lot to me, it would be incredibly disappointing if this was the outcome at the end of this entire process. Seems like that could have been rolled out without the circus that surrounded it. And let alone the money spent on the exercise. This is neither a badge acknowledging the past or really heralding a “bright future”. It’s kind of nothing really. In time as with other badges as long as the team is doing well, it will be much less a conversation. But a lot of energy will have been wasted if that’s what we come out with.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #3143 on: January 03, 2024, 11:36:08 PM »
This would have been lovely IMO

Offline Villan82

« Reply #3144 on: January 03, 2024, 11:37:56 PM »
This would have been lovely IMO

Yes, but the club always goes for something less impressive than fan mock ups. I don't understand how professional efforts are never as good as ones posted here.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #3145 on: January 03, 2024, 11:38:54 PM »
Because design firms will often overthink things to justify the expense of employing them.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #3146 on: January 03, 2024, 11:48:02 PM »
Because design firms will often overthink things to justify the expense of employing them.

Fair point (though the effort leaked today doesn't show any evidence of 'over thinking'!)

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #3147 on: January 03, 2024, 11:59:16 PM »

Fair point (though the effort leaked today doesn't show any evidence of 'over thinking'!)

In a bizarre way I think it does. The obvious answer is often the one right of front your nose. It’s when they start to introduce any number of additional parameters, assumptions, often completely irrational that the obvious disappears and you get a mish mash of ideas that they create an elaborate argument for. I’ve sat in many agency reviews where you see long winded presentations and then something incredibly bland or mundane at the end.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3148 on: January 04, 2024, 12:13:51 AM »
It's all just a bit meh.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #3149 on: January 04, 2024, 12:22:11 AM »
150 years old and this is what will adorn our kit next season - it’s fucking garbage. God awful.  Not enough claret, too much blue and yellow, triple border will over-complicate it when shrunk down, drop shadow gives off a ‘my first photoshop tutorial’ vibe, star implies small time being integrated inside crest, layout of type is a mess and poor choice of font. 👎🏼

I’m dreading the abomination that he approves for the home kit…. Fully expecting claret, blue and yellow hoops or something of that ilk!

Fuck it - Heck out!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal