collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280022 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2970 on: December 30, 2023, 12:32:10 PM »
It feels like this badge saga has been going on for as long as Coronation Street. Sort it out Heck!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2971 on: December 30, 2023, 12:57:06 PM »
It feels like this badge saga has been going on for as long as Coronation Street. Sort it out Heck!

It does.

From his POV I’d suggest the sensible thing is to get it out there and get the entire saga forgotten.

Online AV84

« Reply #2972 on: December 30, 2023, 01:05:07 PM »
Reveal it the same day we make a marquee signing in January and then nobody will care.

"A yellow lion inside a pink lamp inside an orange star is a bold choice, but it looks good on Killian Mbappe at Bodymoor Heath, I must say....."

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2973 on: December 30, 2023, 01:11:01 PM »
We never used to have this fuss - we got a new badge, said it was shite Ellis Out and moved on.

Online Villan82

« Reply #2974 on: December 30, 2023, 02:08:40 PM »
The North stand is a way bigger issue as it directly impacts our potential right now.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2975 on: December 30, 2023, 02:35:12 PM »
We never used to have this fuss - we got a new badge, said it was shite Ellis Out and moved on.

There wasn’t the internet where every decision needed a consultation and some level of inclusion. Where there was the fear of online criticism on various media platforms. Back in the day, the decision was made, you heard about it after the fact, you were happy or grumbled and we got on with it. Our badge changed numerous times under Ellis. Imagine the furore if we rolled out the Henson shirt today without a badge on it. Just AVFC.

Online Weedy

« Reply #2976 on: December 30, 2023, 03:34:31 PM »
Some rough and ready, quick and dirty 'what ifs' based on the latest nonsense:

Online Villan82

« Reply #2977 on: December 30, 2023, 03:54:45 PM »
Nice job there

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2978 on: January 03, 2024, 09:32:15 AM »

Minimal change to pre-round badge, but something like this perhaps? Colour changed to suit background colour.
I like this (other than the star of course).  I think gold on claret looks good.  The claret background makes the badge look minimalist, which is closer to the stand-alone lion I was hoping for.

But I think 1874 is in there too.

Offline villa_cads

« Reply #2979 on: January 03, 2024, 01:18:37 PM »

Minimal change to pre-round badge, but something like this perhaps? Colour changed to suit background colour.
I like this (other than the star of course).  I think gold on claret looks good.  The claret background makes the badge look minimalist, which is closer to the stand-alone lion I was hoping for.

Yeah, I agree about the minimalist look (and the star!). The problem with adding 1874 (or other bits) is the lion would need to shrink a bit. I'm keen that the lion is the focus of the crest if we must have a shield, but stand-alone would be my preference.

Guess we'll have to wait a little to see where the club takes it.. I do wonder if keeping the same shield /left facing lion / star would be to limit changes (cost!) needed around Villa Park & Bodymoor.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2980 on: January 03, 2024, 01:18:41 PM »

We have no specific rules for the use of stars.

They do however have a rule regarding the size of the crest, so I would imagine having the star on the outside would mean that the actual crest (circle or shield) would have to smaller & this wouldn't be great from a brand recognition standpoint just so that a star can be added.

I imagine that is why it is in the inside of the circle / shield...

Just the lion rampant with the star above it (centrally) would solve it looking so stupid having it inside the crest.

Or Aston above the lion and Villa below it, with the star on top. But if we were to have writing I'd prefer it to be an acronym in this example. So basically picture Liverpool's on-shirt badge but with their stars above it. Same concept for us.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #2981 on: January 03, 2024, 01:21:23 PM »

Yeah, I agree about the minimalist look (and the star!). The problem with adding 1874 (or other bits) is the lion would need to shrink a bit. I'm keen that the lion is the focus of the crest if we must have a shield, but stand-alone would be my preference.

Guess we'll have to wait a little to see where the club takes it.. I do wonder if keeping the same shield /left facing lion / star would be to limit changes (cost!) needed around Villa Park & Bodymoor.

Maybe the 1874 could be branded onto the lion's thigh. Give him something else to be enraged about aside from being menaced by that star.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2982 on: January 03, 2024, 01:22:18 PM »
The gold on the claret background looks really classy.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2983 on: January 03, 2024, 01:51:14 PM »
The gold on the claret background looks really classy.

Its considered "regal"...

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2984 on: January 03, 2024, 02:00:20 PM »

Maybe the 1874 could be branded onto the lion's thigh. Give him something else to be enraged about aside from being menaced by that star.

Speaking as someone from Telford, I think it should be tattooed on its neck.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal